Demaryius Thomas: Some Broncos looked past Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Don't forget the 2011 loss at New England. That team got throttled, top to bottom, every which way. They didn't even look like they belonged on a football field. Didn't a player come out after that game, and mention a similar mentality, like what DT said? I thought I remembered Champ saying something, but I can't place it exactly.

The coach is the greatest common factor, but you have to wonder about what specific players are involved, and how that attitude can carry over from season to season.
    I believe u are correct with that. I think it was Champ and DT that put that out there. And you're totally right. How do you go from literally shredding a team like the Steelers, the game going to OT was due to some of the worst ref'ing EVER, to what we saw the next week? Sure we can blame Tebow for not "being a real QB", but even with a "real QB" the results in NE have been the exact same! The team looks lost, inept, and under-prepared. The more that happens during a season or during a coaches tenure, you have to ask some serious questions.

We are starting to see the bigger picture as all the mystery pieces start to clear up. And the changes that were/will be made will be very telling in the next few weeks.
    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      I believe u are correct with that. I think it was Champ and DT that put that out there. And you're totally right. How do you go from literally shredding a team like the Steelers, the game going to OT was due to some of the worst ref'ing EVER, to what we saw the next week? Sure we can blame Tebow for not "being a real QB", but even with a "real QB" the results in NE have been the exact same! The team looks lost, inept, and under-prepared. The more that happens during a season or during a coaches tenure, you have to ask some serious questions.

We are starting to see the bigger picture as all the mystery pieces start to clear up. And the changes that were/will be made will be very telling in the next few weeks.
      Which is why it pisses me off that people want to put all the blame on Manning for this soft, lack of fight, attitude. What people are speaking about was happening before Manning got here.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Which is why it pisses me off that people want to put all the blame on Manning for this soft, lack of fight, attitude. What people are speaking about was happening before Manning got here.
        People still blame loss vs BAL in 2012 on Manning. Sure, it was his fault Moore allowed the Holy Flacco, just like Brady was responsible for Butler stealing the SB last night.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I've been noticing this problem with our team since way back when Cutler first started games for us. Late season meltdowns and playoff chokes started becoming more consistent since then. It also spans 3 different coaches and several roster changes, so it makes you wonder how attitudes like that continue, even through different tenures.

Has the cancer set in and taken root, since back when Cutler took over? Do players catch this attitude from others and continue it, or are we just bringing in more bad apples each year or two, to allow the problem to go on?

This obviously shows that Manning didn't "start" this problem, but his soft, lack of fight-ness has been present throughout his career (in the postseason), also with the colts. So, although he almost certainly isn't the cause of our struggles lately, he surely isn't the solution, either.

There's a big fat can of worms that needs to be opened, and we need to find out where this problem is coming from. I'm not a fan of players yapping to the media, but names need to be named, here. Does fixing it require a gutting of the team, or can we just get rid of a few bad apples bringing down the rest of the guys?

New coaching is a good start, but players have their own responsibilities too, and coaches don't directly affect the conversations they're having, amongst themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
            I've been noticing this problem with our team since way back when Cutler first started games for us. Late season meltdowns and playoff chokes started becoming more consistent since then. It also spans 3 different coaches and several roster changes, so it makes you wonder how attitudes like that continue, even through different tenures.

Has the cancer set in and taken root, since back when Cutler took over? Do players catch this attitude from others and continue it, or are we just bringing in more bad apples each year or two, to allow the problem to go on?

This obviously shows that Manning didn't "start" this problem, but his soft, lack of fight-ness has been present throughout his career (in the postseason), also with the colts. So, although he almost certainly isn't the cause of our struggles lately, he surely isn't the solution, either.

There's a big fat can of worms that needs to be opened, and we need to find out where this problem is coming from. I'm not a fan of players yapping to the media, but names need to be named, here. Does fixing it require a gutting of the team, or can we just get rid of a few bad apples bringing down the rest of the guys?

New coaching is a good start, but players have their own responsibilities too, and coaches don't directly affect the conversations they're having, amongst themselves.
            I think when Shanny was fired, and Bowlen took a back seat b/c of the illness, and then the front office shocked when pop/son (Goodman) left town... It left this organization in the hands of inexperienced novices... Elway is just now cleaning up that mess, installing leadership and accountability, which means (I believe) moving forward... the locker room will straighten out and reflect this.

Fox was a stopgap... while the process was transitioning from players running wild, to player friendly system, and now we return to top-down control Fall in line or your job is at risk. Elway is the Boss... Kubiak the HC. We have youth who are hungry (and Harris and CJ Anderson should be god leaders moving forward).

I think VON has let us down b/c he doesn't seem to be the leader we hoped he would become. Ware is a strong presence... which helps.

To me, we will find out a lot about what the thinking is internally about the toughness and dedication of JT & DT, based on our effort to retain their services. To me, after watching Edelman and Gronk... I'm a little disappointed in DT and JT.

Comment

Working...
            X