No announcement yet.

Eric Decker pitches Jets to Demaryius Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decker trying to lure Thomas gives me another reason to resent him.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Sanders didn't match....he exceeded. With 40 fewer targets, Sanders was only 200 yards behind DT in total yards.

We may actually be seeing a changing of the guard in the better type of WR for the modern NFL rules. For quite a while now people have been going for the DT/CJ types... 6-3 with speed, but lately it's the smaller, faster WR who are causing more damage and are harder to defend. Guys like Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Sanders, Beckham, Cobb may be the better option now.
      Not when corners are freaking enormous like Browner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
        Not when corners are freaking enormous like Browner.
        bigger CB generally don't do as well against smaller WR...they often don't have the speed or agility to keep up.
        sigpic

Comment

Decker trying to lure Thomas gives me another reason to resent him.
          Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.
          Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
            Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.
            well said
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
              I just resent him because everyone and their mom said he was the next Eddie Mac. He even wore his 87 jerseey, but he disappointed. Nothing against him as a person. He's just didn't live up to the Ed McCaffrey expectations and I was tremendously let down.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                I think a lot of people are are more in love with DT's potential rather than his results.

He is an amazingly talented kid; but when most people think of him they think of dropped passes and lackluster effort as much as amazing 1-handed catches in the sky.
                his results? are you kidding me right now?

Since he has been in the NFL and taking out games missed because of injuries in 69 games (not all starts) he has accounted for 5,300 yards and 41 touchdowns.

As for the playoffs he has 700 yards and 6 TDs in 7 career playoffs games

Please tell me how he has not lived up to his potential? Oh let me guess because he didn't show "fight" in a game where pretty much no one one the broncos team came to play

Ever since the colts game people have been ridiculous i swear everyday i read on this forum how if the broncos got rid of Manning, DT, and/or JT they would be fine.... somehow in the past few months the likes of Brock, Latimer, and Virgil Green have supplanted them as top 5-10 players at their position
                Last edited by MHS; 02-02-2015, 10:13 AM.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

I just resent him because everyone and their mom said he was the next Eddie Mac. He even wore his 87 jerseey, but he disappointed. Nothing against him as a person. He's just didn't live up to the Ed McCaffrey expectations and I was tremendously let down.
                  Decker was 2nd in the league for TDs over a 3 year span behind only CJ. Eddie Mac only had 3 seasons over 1000 yards and 1 season with 10+ TDs in his entire career. He didn't have season with over 615 yards until his 4th year in Denver and his 8th year in the league. Decker had 2 seasons over 1000 and 10+ TDs in his short time here. One of those seasons he played with Tebow. Not good enough for you? I don't think you really understand who either player is.
                  sigpic

Comment

Decker was 2nd in the league for TDs over a 3 year span behind only CJ. Eddie Mac only had 3 seasons over 1000 yards and 1 season with 10+ TDs in his entire career. He didn't have season with over 615 yards until his 4th year in Denver and his 8th year in the league. Decker had 2 seasons over 1000 and 10+ TDs in his short time here. One of those seasons he played with Tebow. Not good enough for you? I don't think you really understand who either player is.
                    I'm not even gonna bother with you and I'm not gonna repost what I said about Decker earlier. Youre onviously a little biased seeing as you have Deck's pic, so there's nothing I can say to you,

Comment

They had so much fun at the go-go bars the whole week before the super bowl, instead of focusing on the big game. They probably want to continue there North Jersey Clubbing together!

Comment

If DT did leave than the coaching staff would have to try to speed up Latimer and get him ready to compete/start. Latimer is 6-2 215 and DT is 6-3 229, put another 10 lbs on Cody and we still have a big receiver. I didn't watch a lot of Latimers collage tape, i don't know if hes a physical receiver or not but he would have to in the consideration to replace DT if it came down to that.

Comment

I'm not even gonna bother with you and I'm not gonna repost what I said about Decker earlier. Youre onviously a little biased seeing as you have Deck's pic, so there's nothing I can say to you,
                          sorry you got upset about reading the truth about Eddie Mac and couldn't handle it............

Decker had 3926 yards and 37 TDs over a 4 year span which included the tebow year. Eddie Macs best 4 year span was 3978 and 34 TDs. Check the stats yourself.

You seem to be the one who is biased, or maybe just didn't know what you were talking about when saying decker didn't live up to Eddie Mac expectations considering their 4 year spans were pretty similar and Decker is still young and will continue to put up good numbers whereas Eddie mac only had 1 more good year after those 4.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-04-2015, 05:36 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

sorry you got upset about reading the truth about Eddie Mac and couldn't handle it............

Decker had 3926 yards and 37 TDs over a 4 year span which included the tebow year. Eddie Macs best 4 year span was 3978 and 34 TDs. Check the stats yourself.

You seem to be the one who is biased, or maybe just didn't know what you were talking about when saying decker didn't live up to Eddie Mac expectations considering their 4 year spans were pretty similar and Decker is still young and will continue to put up good numbers whereas Eddie mac only had 1 more good year after those 4.
                            Decker has played in an era where the passing numbers are inflated (get it?) and seemed to be a little unreliable at times between the 40s. In the redzone he was a great target. McCaffrey played in an era where you could still knock the socks off of receivers and get away with a lot more in coverage. He had that sense of reliability about him too, where you could trust him to make a circus catch or a huge 3rd and long and was a great run blocker and was tough as nails. Decker was a decent runblocker. He looked for way too many flags imo. If I had to choose between one of the two I'd still choose McCaffrey over Decker. Decker had 3 years of star wards numbers with Manning, Elway never put up those numbers, especially not when the rules were different.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              Decker has played in an era where the passing numbers are inflated (get it?) and seemed to be a little unreliable at times between the 40s. In the redzone he was a great target. McCaffrey played in an era where you could still knock the socks off of receivers and get away with a lot more in coverage. He had that sense of reliability about him too, where you could trust him to make a circus catch or a huge 3rd and long and was a great run blocker and was tough as nails. Decker was a decent runblocker. He looked for way too many flags imo. If I had to choose between one of the two I'd still choose McCaffrey over Decker. Decker had 3 years of star wards numbers with Manning, Elway never put up those numbers, especially not when the rules were different.
                              McCaffrey retired in 2003. it wasn't like it was in the 70's....

decker also played with Tebow soooo...inflated passing stats????

Eddie Mac was a very good WR but people act like he was super great when in reality he only had 4 good years and decker is still up and coming.

As far as 3rd and 7+ goes:

Decker: 45 for 81 for 613 yards, 32 1st downs and 6 TDs
                              Eddie : 46 for 80 for 615 yards 26 1st downs and 4 TDs

again...pretty similar wouldn't you say??
                              sigpic

Comment

McCaffrey retired in 2003. it wasn't like it was in the 70's....

decker also played with Tebow soooo...inflated passing stats????

Eddie Mac was a very good WR but people act like he was super great when in reality he only had 4 good years and decker is still up and coming.

As far as 3rd and 7+ goes:

Decker: 45 for 81 for 613 yards, 32 1st downs and 6 TDs
                                Eddie : 46 for 80 for 615 yards 26 1st downs and 4 TDs

again...pretty similar wouldn't you say??
                                The rules changed a lot in the mid-2000s because of what the Patriots did to Manning's Colt receivers in the playoffs. This is a good article to read in reference to the differences in eras: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...oring-offenses

Decker's not really up and coming with that mess in New York. He's 27, in his prime right now.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X