X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    McCaffrey retired in 2003. it wasn't like it was in the 70's....

decker also played with Tebow soooo...inflated passing stats????

Eddie Mac was a very good WR but people act like he was super great when in reality he only had 4 good years and decker is still up and coming.

As far as 3rd and 7+ goes:

Decker: 45 for 81 for 613 yards, 32 1st downs and 6 TDs
    Eddie : 46 for 80 for 615 yards 26 1st downs and 4 TDs

again...pretty similar wouldn't you say??
    Ed McCaffrey is a legend in these parts his memory will always be inflated by that love. He was a good receiver but no he was never a superstar. That is the same category I put Decker in as well. I personally enjoyed watching both of them play and can look in the past with clear glasses and see the truth that they both had very similar years in Denver and I give a big mile high salute to both of them

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Decker was a good receiver. But in all reality, his numbers were extremely inflated because of Manning. Yes he played with Tebow and had 46 receptions that year and yes McCaffrey didn't have numbers near Deckers, but that's because Shannahan emphasized the running game and defenders got to rough up the receivers more at the line and bully them in the middle of the field. Comparing this era's style of football to previous era's is like comparing apples and oranges. Overall, Decker had better numbers, but McCaffrey was tougher, more reliable, CONSISTENT, and was not theatric. Dude gave it 100% on every play, even when over thrown or interfered with. Can't say the same about Decker.

Here are some more quotes about Decker.

"Decker is 6-3 but plays like he's 5-10." - 58Miller

"Decker and McCaffrey are similar "type" of WR ("possession" type), McCaffrey was little bigger - maybe slower and tough as nails, he had a fairly long career 13? years. Ed is one of my favorite WRs of all time, I'm a big fan. They are similar in most every way except Ed was tough as nails and Eric doesn't play that tough ... yet, he IS only in his 5th season - maybe he'll learn to be more "physical" but in today's NFL that might draw flags." - Brian McFarlane

"Let me start by saying Decker has had some HUGE catches for us and he's had some HUGE games for us. But I swear it seems every single game Deck does something that makes you go 'what the?'......Decker had me cheering lots of times and I hope all the best for him. But he also had me cussing and scaring my dogs and neighbors at times too." -Dizzolve

"Decker spent too much time worrying about flags and his celebrity the last two years. I won't miss him. 1 catch for 6 yards in the superbowl is a joke." - Houshmazode

I'm sure if we opened a poll, most people on here would take Eddie Mac overr Decker for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Bterres105; 02-04-2015, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Finally someone who gets my arguement! I hate using stats to defend my argument becuae both payers played in two different eras of football. Heck, tight ends have more receptions now a days than a receiver did before the rule change in 05.
    Yeah so, while Decker is on the floor giving up on a play looking for a flag, McCaffrey is catching the ball as he's breaking his leg.
    the whole thing about looking for flags is ridiculous...every receiver and QB in the league does that.....

you know TE were catching more balls than WR waaaaayyy back then too right??? Ever hear of Shannon Sharp? Tony Gonzalez? Ben Coates?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-04-2015, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Decker has played in an era where the passing numbers are inflated (get it?) and seemed to be a little unreliable at times between the 40s. In the redzone he was a great target. McCaffrey played in an era where you could still knock the socks off of receivers and get away with a lot more in coverage. He had that sense of reliability about him too, where you could trust him to make a circus catch or a huge 3rd and long and was a great run blocker and was tough as nails. Decker was a decent runblocker. He looked for way too many flags imo. If I had to choose between one of the two I'd still choose McCaffrey over Decker. Decker had 3 years of star wards numbers with Manning, Elway never put up those numbers, especially not when the rules were different.
    Finally someone who gets my arguement! I hate using stats to defend my argument becuae both payers played in two different eras of football. Heck, tight ends have more receptions now a days than a receiver did before the rule change in 05.
    Yeah so, while Decker is on the floor giving up on a play looking for a flag, McCaffrey is catching the ball as he's breaking his leg.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    I don't understand the hate DT has gotten. People say having a team full of short speedy receivers bodes well for a team. I just don't agree at all. It really depends on the make up of your team. If you are a run 1st team with a Lynch type back, then I can see the argument. If you have a Tom Brady type QB who can fit the ball in any window with velocity and accuracy, I can see the argument . 9 out of 10 teams do t ha e these types of players.

To compare the Broncos to that of Patriots and Seahawks is rediculous . We are not made up like those teams.

IMO DT is invaluable to use. He is money in the RZ. He is tops in the league in most offensive categories. If DT wasn't here Sanders wouldn't put up those numbers.

Your Antonio Brown argument isn't that valid. Pittsburgh is a running team. Most teams stack the box to stop Bell. This leaves secondaries thin and most times one on one match ups for Brown. Denver is the opposite. Teams play the pass and have more DBs in coverage.

Elway, please extend DT. He is to good to let go.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied

Eddie Mac was a very good WR but people act like he was super great when in reality he only had 4 good years and decker is still up and coming.

The rules changed a lot in the mid-2000s because of what the Patriots did to Manning's Colt receivers in the playoffs. This is a good article to read in reference to the differences in eras: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...oring-offenses

Decker's not really up and coming with that mess in New York. He's 27, in his prime right now.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Decker has played in an era where the passing numbers are inflated (get it?) and seemed to be a little unreliable at times between the 40s. In the redzone he was a great target. McCaffrey played in an era where you could still knock the socks off of receivers and get away with a lot more in coverage. He had that sense of reliability about him too, where you could trust him to make a circus catch or a huge 3rd and long and was a great run blocker and was tough as nails. Decker was a decent runblocker. He looked for way too many flags imo. If I had to choose between one of the two I'd still choose McCaffrey over Decker. Decker had 3 years of star wards numbers with Manning, Elway never put up those numbers, especially not when the rules were different.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    sorry you got upset about reading the truth about Eddie Mac and couldn't handle it............

Decker had 3926 yards and 37 TDs over a 4 year span which included the tebow year. Eddie Macs best 4 year span was 3978 and 34 TDs. Check the stats yourself.

You seem to be the one who is biased, or maybe just didn't know what you were talking about when saying decker didn't live up to Eddie Mac expectations considering their 4 year spans were pretty similar and Decker is still young and will continue to put up good numbers whereas Eddie mac only had 1 more good year after those 4.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I'm not even gonna bother with you and I'm not gonna repost what I said about Decker earlier. Youre onviously a little biased seeing as you have Deck's pic, so there's nothing I can say to you,
    sorry you got upset about reading the truth about Eddie Mac and couldn't handle it............

Decker had 3926 yards and 37 TDs over a 4 year span which included the tebow year. Eddie Macs best 4 year span was 3978 and 34 TDs. Check the stats yourself.

You seem to be the one who is biased, or maybe just didn't know what you were talking about when saying decker didn't live up to Eddie Mac expectations considering their 4 year spans were pretty similar and Decker is still young and will continue to put up good numbers whereas Eddie mac only had 1 more good year after those 4.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-04-2015, 05:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    If DT did leave than the coaching staff would have to try to speed up Latimer and get him ready to compete/start. Latimer is 6-2 215 and DT is 6-3 229, put another 10 lbs on Cody and we still have a big receiver. I didn't watch a lot of Latimers collage tape, i don't know if hes a physical receiver or not but he would have to in the consideration to replace DT if it came down to that.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    They had so much fun at the go-go bars the whole week before the super bowl, instead of focusing on the big game. They probably want to continue there North Jersey Clubbing together!

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Decker was 2nd in the league for TDs over a 3 year span behind only CJ. Eddie Mac only had 3 seasons over 1000 yards and 1 season with 10+ TDs in his entire career. He didn't have season with over 615 yards until his 4th year in Denver and his 8th year in the league. Decker had 2 seasons over 1000 and 10+ TDs in his short time here. One of those seasons he played with Tebow. Not good enough for you? I don't think you really understand who either player is.
    I'm not even gonna bother with you and I'm not gonna repost what I said about Decker earlier. Youre onviously a little biased seeing as you have Deck's pic, so there's nothing I can say to you,

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I just resent him because everyone and their mom said he was the next Eddie Mac. He even wore his 87 jerseey, but he disappointed. Nothing against him as a person. He's just didn't live up to the Ed McCaffrey expectations and I was tremendously let down.
    Decker was 2nd in the league for TDs over a 3 year span behind only CJ. Eddie Mac only had 3 seasons over 1000 yards and 1 season with 10+ TDs in his entire career. He didn't have season with over 615 yards until his 4th year in Denver and his 8th year in the league. Decker had 2 seasons over 1000 and 10+ TDs in his short time here. One of those seasons he played with Tebow. Not good enough for you? I don't think you really understand who either player is.

Leave a comment:

• MHS
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I think a lot of people are are more in love with DT's potential rather than his results.

He is an amazingly talented kid; but when most people think of him they think of dropped passes and lackluster effort as much as amazing 1-handed catches in the sky.
    his results? are you kidding me right now?

Since he has been in the NFL and taking out games missed because of injuries in 69 games (not all starts) he has accounted for 5,300 yards and 41 touchdowns.

As for the playoffs he has 700 yards and 6 TDs in 7 career playoffs games

Please tell me how he has not lived up to his potential? Oh let me guess because he didn't show "fight" in a game where pretty much no one one the broncos team came to play

Ever since the colts game people have been ridiculous i swear everyday i read on this forum how if the broncos got rid of Manning, DT, and/or JT they would be fine.... somehow in the past few months the likes of Brock, Latimer, and Virgil Green have supplanted them as top 5-10 players at their position
    Last edited by MHS; 02-02-2015, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.
    I just resent him because everyone and their mom said he was the next Eddie Mac. He even wore his 87 jerseey, but he disappointed. Nothing against him as a person. He's just didn't live up to the Ed McCaffrey expectations and I was tremendously let down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X