X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.
    well said

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Decker trying to lure Thomas gives me another reason to resent him.
    Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Not when corners are freaking enormous like Browner.
    bigger CB generally don't do as well against smaller WR...they often don't have the speed or agility to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Sanders didn't match....he exceeded. With 40 fewer targets, Sanders was only 200 yards behind DT in total yards.

We may actually be seeing a changing of the guard in the better type of WR for the modern NFL rules. For quite a while now people have been going for the DT/CJ types... 6-3 with speed, but lately it's the smaller, faster WR who are causing more damage and are harder to defend. Guys like Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Sanders, Beckham, Cobb may be the better option now.
    Not when corners are freaking enormous like Browner.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Decker trying to lure Thomas gives me another reason to resent him.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Funny how 1 bad game and everyone flips. This time last year every single one of you were singing his praises. Especially after he was the ONLY player to show up at the SB and played through a separated shoulder, that happened early in the 1st quarter mind u. But soft, lazy, not that good, etc......is how we think of him now.

And it's hilarious because it's not like any other WR was able to do anything in that game either, especially Sanders. But that's okay, right?
    I agree with this. Talk about not having heart? That's kind of a joke.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Funny how 1 bad game and everyone flips. This time last year every single one of you were singing his praises. Especially after he was the ONLY player to show up at the SB and played through a separated shoulder, that happened early in the 1st quarter mind u. But soft, lazy, not that good, etc......is how we think of him now.

And it's hilarious because it's not like any other WR was able to do anything in that game either, especially Sanders. But that's okay, right?

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    He's gonna get tagged, so I'm not worried about next year.

DT has no toughness. He's arguably one of the most athletically gifted WRs in the NFL if not one of the most gifted athletes in general. He has no fight. All of that crap he was saying, he might as well have been saying it about himself. He was getting close, like he was going to turn the corner, but it's not happened. If he hasn't became a different player in 5 years, why would anyone think he's magically going to do it in the next 3.

DT is what he is. He's an athletic marvel who can often beat opponents on athletic ability alone. Punch him in the mouth though, and watch him shrivel.

Tag him and trade him two firsts for all I care. WR's are a dime a dozen in the NFL now. His production won't be matched, but for what he wants to be paid you could match that production over 2 WRs and another OL to help block for CJ Anderson, who doesn't shrivel when punched in the mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    I think a lot of people are are more in love with DT's potential rather than his results.

He is an amazingly talented kid; but when most people think of him they think of dropped passes and lackluster effort as much as amazing 1-handed catches in the sky.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    And you don't think that Sanders produced because teams were prepping to stop DT as the #1 target? You do realize that 3 of the top 4 WRs this year were 6'2" or taller, right?
    who was #1? oh yea...Antonio brown. you do know that 6 of the top 10 were 5-11 or under, right? You do know that 5 of the top 6 in the postseason were 5-11 and under, right? 3 of the top 5 for 1st downs were 5-11 and under as well.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-01-2015, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeGees
    replied
    Why would DT or any receiver go to the Jets. They have no real QB that can get the ball to the receivers and the weather conditions suck. Plus ... New York

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Sanders didn't match....he exceeded. With 40 fewer targets, Sanders was only 200 yards behind DT in total yards.

We may actually be seeing a changing of the guard in the better type of WR for the modern NFL rules. For quite a while now people have been going for the DT/CJ types... 6-3 with speed, but lately it's the smaller, faster WR who are causing more damage and are harder to defend. Guys like Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Sanders, Beckham, Cobb may be the better option now.
    And you don't think that Sanders produced because teams were prepping to stop DT as the #1 target? You do realize that 3 of the top 4 WRs this year were 6'2" or taller, right?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    The bolded completely discredits the entire post.

A.) It would not take Elway 5-7 years to find a starting WR that can play with a similar skillset. The thought is just ludicrous to suggest that. It's not 2001 anymore.

B.) Production would be hard, but considering that Sanders already practically matched DT, and we're not going to get a repeat of the numbers without Manning, but we'd survive.

C.) Attitude.. lol good one. He's a good boy off the field. That's about it in the attitude department. He is the softest playing receiver on the team. Fought for the balls the least and completely disappeared during a few games.

I love DT as much as the next guy. But he's replaceable.

Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-31-2015, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Lol! We lose DT, it would take another 5-7 years before we found a WR that could match his production and attitude. Almost the same amount of time it took to find him after Rod Smith retired. Players like him don't appear every draft, or even every 2-3 drafts. And find me a WR that will play the way he played in the SB last year with a SEPARATED SHOULDERS, while still getting abused by the SEA defense, then I'll concede that it's worth the risk to let him go.

I honestly don't understand this DT is soft nonsense. You people need to get over one game, that we had no chance of winning. And if we did have a chance, it sure wasn't lost because he dropped 2 bubble screens.

One of the best in the game, shredding Franchise records, in the prime of his career, one average game, and ya'll want him gone.......... I hope u all get your wish.

The bolded completely discredits the entire post.

A.) It would not take Elway 5-7 years to find a starting WR that can play with a similar skillset. The thought is just ludicrous to suggest that. It's not 2001 anymore.

B.) Production would be hard, but considering that Sanders already practically matched DT, and we're not going to get a repeat of the numbers without Manning, but we'd survive.

C.) Attitude.. lol good one. He's a good boy off the field. That's about it in the attitude department. He is the softest playing receiver on the team. Fought for the balls the least and completely disappeared during a few games.

I love DT as much as the next guy. But he's replaceable.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Look, I know DT brings mostly positives. I just want to see more physicality. If you don't see the lack of physicality you're looking through DT colored glasses.

Even with his desire to not run through a tackle(but to run around one or go down voluntarily or go out of bounds) he still brings too many positives for me to think we'll just let him go. Especially when Manning is looking at 1 maybe 2 season left. The years leading up to these(this) final season(s) with Manning have a lot of value to the years to come with Manning

I truly believe DT could be THE BEST in the NFL if he just played a bit more physically. With his body size you'd think he's impose his will more. He imposes his will with athletic prowess -not with straight up physicality. And to make it to the last game of the year, a team needs more players that can be impose their will physically than we have right now.

Like I said and I'm just being fair and honest I think - DT brings a LOT to this offense. And I agree losing him- it wont be easy to replace. However we could get more physical at that position sooner rather than later. We'd still be losing more than we gain -sure.

Mixed Feelings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X