X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If they didn't flag him for the hit (crack back on a defenseless player) they would definitely flag the taunting right after the hit.
    yep

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    discussion is different from argument. I think this was a healthy discussion

Some of that toughness works both ways with the rules. WR are more protected now but so are defenders. This might be a penalty now.

best hit by a WR ever maybe.

...and don't get me wrong, I love eddie Mac as much as everyone else does.
    If they didn't flag him for the hit (crack back on a defenseless player) they would definitely flag the taunting right after the hit.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied

Some of that toughness works both ways with the rules. WR are more protected now but so are defenders. This might be a penalty now.

That block Brandon Marshall delivered against the Bills defensive back was pretty vicious too!

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    I love where the people can have a discussion without it turning into a 10 page argument like a few of the posters on here like to do if you disagree with them.
    Well how else will the convince you that their belief's are the only possible belief?

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Gotta love these forums where everyone agrees to disagree haha.
    I love where the people can have a discussion without it turning into a 10 page argument like a few of the posters on here like to do if you disagree with them.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    They were both good. All I said was that I was disappointed because everyone said Decker would remind us of McCaffrey, so I was expecting the same toughness and grit. He was a good receiver for us and I thank him for his productivity and wish him well in NY, but I can't help but feel a little teased. Didnt want to turn this into a full blown arguement haha.
    That is the one thing I felt was lacking in Decker was his toughness.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Gotta love these forums where everyone agrees to disagree haha.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    They were both good. All I said was that I was disappointed because everyone said Decker would remind us of McCaffrey, so I was expecting the same toughness and grit. He was a good receiver for us and I thank him for his productivity and wish him well in NY, but I can't help but feel a little teased. Didnt want to turn this into a full blown arguement haha.

Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-04-2015, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    He did a good job as #1 in NYJ...
    He had a good week 17... but only one other 100 yard game all season (exactly 100 yards) and only 5 TD's

Not an easy situation though

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    He is a really good #2 possesion receiver and I hope the Jets go out and get a #1 type receiver to compliment him.
    He did a good job as #1 in NYJ...

Leave a comment:

• JT24Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Why resent the guy? He wants to play with someone he formed a very close friendship with over a 4 year period. I don't have an issue with that at all. DT has said he wants to play with Decker again too, do you resent him? Personally I liked Deck, he wasn't perfect and we obviously couldn't afford to keep him, but he gave us some good years and was as classy as you can ask a guy to be.
    cp to you. its refreshing to see this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    I'm not saying Decker was the better WR, I was just refuting your statement that Decker didn't live up Eddie mac's potential when in reality, he did.

I agree that Eddie was less dramatic but that can be said for nearly every WR in the game today, not just Decker. So many people criticize Decker and focus on the few bad plays he had and forget about all of the good ones. He had a 1000 yard season this year, almost, playing with arguably the worst QB in the league. I don't understand why so many think so little of him. He isn't the best in the league but far more than so many give him credit for.
    He is a really good #2 possesion receiver and I hope the Jets go out and get a #1 type receiver to compliment him.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Decker was a good receiver. But in all reality, his numbers were extremely inflated because of Manning. Yes he played with Tebow and had 46 receptions that year and yes McCaffrey didn't have numbers near Deckers, but that's because Shannahan emphasized the running game and defenders got to rough up the receivers more at the line and bully them in the middle of the field. Comparing this era's style of football to previous era's is like comparing apples and oranges. Overall, Decker had better numbers, but McCaffrey was tougher, more reliable, CONSISTENT, and was not theatric. Dude gave it 100% on every play, even when over thrown or interfered with. Can't say the same about Decker.

Here are some more quotes about Decker.

"Decker is 6-3 but plays like he's 5-10." - 58Miller

"Decker and McCaffrey are similar "type" of WR ("possession" type), McCaffrey was little bigger - maybe slower and tough as nails, he had a fairly long career 13? years. Ed is one of my favorite WRs of all time, I'm a big fan. They are similar in most every way except Ed was tough as nails and Eric doesn't play that tough ... yet, he IS only in his 5th season - maybe he'll learn to be more "physical" but in today's NFL that might draw flags." - Brian McFarlane

"Let me start by saying Decker has had some HUGE catches for us and he's had some HUGE games for us. But I swear it seems every single game Deck does something that makes you go 'what the?'......Decker had me cheering lots of times and I hope all the best for him. But he also had me cussing and scaring my dogs and neighbors at times too." -Dizzolve

"Decker spent too much time worrying about flags and his celebrity the last two years. I won't miss him. 1 catch for 6 yards in the superbowl is a joke." - Houshmazode

I'm sure if we opened a poll, most people on here would take Eddie Mac overr Decker for the same reasons.
    To be honest I would take McCaffrey over Decker, but im not sure how much of that is nostalgic. I think they were both good receivers for the Broncos, but it is silly to not like Decker because you liked Eddie better.

And back to the argument I will take Sanders over both of them.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Decker was a good receiver. But in all reality, his numbers were extremely inflated because of Manning. Yes he played with Tebow and had 46 receptions that year and yes McCaffrey didn't have numbers near Deckers, but that's because Shannahan emphasized the running game and defenders got to rough up the receivers more at the line and bully them in the middle of the field. Comparing this era's style of football to previous era's is like comparing apples and oranges. Overall, Decker had better numbers, but McCaffrey was tougher, more reliable, CONSISTENT, and was not theatric. Dude gave it 100% on every play, even when over thrown or interfered with. Can't say the same about Decker.

Here are some more quotes about Decker.

"Decker is 6-3 but plays like he's 5-10." - 58Miller

"Decker and McCaffrey are similar "type" of WR ("possession" type), McCaffrey was little bigger - maybe slower and tough as nails, he had a fairly long career 13? years. Ed is one of my favorite WRs of all time, I'm a big fan. They are similar in most every way except Ed was tough as nails and Eric doesn't play that tough ... yet, he IS only in his 5th season - maybe he'll learn to be more "physical" but in today's NFL that might draw flags." - Brian McFarlane

"Let me start by saying Decker has had some HUGE catches for us and he's had some HUGE games for us. But I swear it seems every single game Deck does something that makes you go 'what the?'......Decker had me cheering lots of times and I hope all the best for him. But he also had me cussing and scaring my dogs and neighbors at times too." -Dizzolve

"Decker spent too much time worrying about flags and his celebrity the last two years. I won't miss him. 1 catch for 6 yards in the superbowl is a joke." - Houshmazode

I'm sure if we opened a poll, most people on here would take Eddie Mac overr Decker for the same reasons.
    I'm not saying Decker was the better WR, I was just refuting your statement that Decker didn't live up Eddie mac's potential when in reality, he did.

I agree that Eddie was less dramatic but that can be said for nearly every WR in the game today, not just Decker. So many people criticize Decker and focus on the few bad plays he had and forget about all of the good ones. He had a 1000 yard season this year, almost, playing with arguably the worst QB in the league. I don't understand why so many think so little of him. He isn't the best in the league but far more than so many give him credit for.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-04-2015, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X