Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klis Fumbles DEN SB History

Mike Klis wrote this today:

"The Broncos count just four players in the Hall of Fame — John Elway, Gary Zimmerman, Floyd Little and Shannon Sharpe.

Only the New Orleans Saints (3), Seattle Seahawks (3), Tampa Bay Bucs (3) and Cincinnati Bengals (1) have fewer players enshrined in Canton, Ohio.

Those teams don't approach the Broncos' run of success since 1976. The Broncos have had just six losing seasons in that 39-year span, with 20 playoff appearances, six conference championships and two Super Bowl titles."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ynch-dont-make

Geez... how do you get that wrong, and how does it slip by the copy editor?

DEN has appeared in 7 Super Bowls. XII, XXII, XXIV, XXIII, XXXII, XXXIII, & XLVIII. Elway was in 5, then there were the first (DAL-DEN) and the last (SEA-DEN).

NO wonder DEN is poorly represented in the HOF... our writers not the most informed group of advocates.

How embarrassing.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Good catch.

Although, to defend Klis, perhaps he blocked last year's SB from his memory. I know I've tried to do that
      Last edited by 80stheman; 02-01-2015, 10:23 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Denver Post's reporters are a joke.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Man, that guy is clueless. Everybody knows we've been to eight. #FireKlis
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

To top it off, John Elway was the first Bronco to be enshrined.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
              To top it off, John Elway was the first Bronco to be enshrined.
              I know... And Zimmerman arrived in DEN in his early 3-s. He played his first 7 years in MINNY. Why not include Willy Brown (drafted by DEN and played 4 years before bolting to OAK). Or Tony Dorsett.

To me, unequivocally, there are 3 DEN HOF players (Little, Elway, Sharpe). For a team that revolutionized the 3-4 scheme, had many top defenses and quality players (Gradishar, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater)... Not to have 1 defensive player in the HALL?

We know Champ will get in; we hope TD eventually does; and we believe Nalen makes the cut. Lynch probably will, and Manning definitely will... But Lynch-Manning are TB-INDY candidates. Anybody else do we have hope for? Rod Smith? Atwater?

Comment

You guys are brutal.

At least his article makes a good point and shines light on the Wonky statistics. Maybe it will help change things in the future.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  +1

The quality of sports writing in Colorado took a sharp down slide when the Rocky Mountain News went under

IMO the Post should fire all their writers and get those guys from the RMN days

Have you guys ever watched Woody on that ESPN show? I have not in years but it just hurts my brain to think he represents us
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    They are, and to top it of the editor openly stated how much he hates the Broncos on several occasions at a press conference here in Wyoming a couple weeks back, comparing the loss to tragedies such as the Aurora theater shooting. He also made it very clear in his power point with several diminishing pics of the broncos after the Super bowl loss. I wouldn't read that rag if you paid me to after that.
                    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X