Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Hasselbeck on D&C: Peyton Manning still greatest QB of all time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

    I agree with you 100%.

    What difference does it make who
    is the "best" QB of all time?

    It's all subjective and most fans let
    their biases and fandom get in the way
    of their thinking.

    Talk about first world problems!
    Never have understood why people spend so much time and energy arguing over another person's accomplishments! Let NE fans brag and boast, along with anyone else with a claim in the argument.

    In the scheme of things, it doesn't matter.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

      I agree with you 100%.

      What difference does it make who
      is the "best" QB of all time?

      It's all subjective and most fans let
      their biases and fandom get in the way
      of their thinking.

      Talk about first world problems!
      Many people have cared quite a bit, up until recently.

      Now that their latest favorite quarterback has played himself out of the conversation, many of them suddenly "don't care much".

      Go figure. :doh:

      Comment


      • #18
        The only argument that I could give for Manning as being better than Brady is he left and had success with another team. I mean he didn't even miss a beat, he jumped on board in Denver and killed it from day 1. I am not so certain that if Brady were to leave that Bellichek offense that he would have the same success with another team. It's not fair to knock him for being loyal and staying with 1 team his whole career but that is the 1 area where a person could make an argument.

        Comment


        • #19
          Manning reminds me of Fran Tarkenton in that they were both dominant QBs of their eras-- yet struggled in the post season. Their play styles are very different, but their results and impact on the league I find similar. Both were very influential, cerebral and capable-- yet seemed to always fall short in big post-season disappointments.

          20-years from now I do not see Manning mentioned in the conversation as greatest of all time, but the previous QB's mentioned along with others like Joe Montana and Dan Marino and John Elway will still be talked about a generation from now. Unfortunately, Tom Brady has 4-rings and 20-years from now he will have to be in that conversation also. Peyton Manning will likely be sitting on the sidelines during those conversations along with other greats like Tarkenton and Jim Kelly who always seemed to end up short.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            The Colts went 2-14 the year Peyton sat out with injury.

            The Patriots went 11-5 the year Tom Brady sat out with injury.


            Now you tell me which player was more valuable to their team, based on that.
            Last edited by Socnorb11; 02-07-2015, 09:12 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
              The Colts went 2-14 the year Peyton sat out with injury.

              The Patriots went 11-5 the year Tom Brady sat out with injury.


              Now you tell me which player was more valuable to their team, based on that.
              Cassell >Painter

              cassell still playing, painter out of the league

              ...not exactly a fair comparison is it???
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Cassell >Painter

                cassell still playing, painter out of the league

                ...not exactly a fair comparison is it???

                Cassell hasn't been able to win a starting job in Minnesota, competing against the likes of Christian Ponder.

                Cassell went 4-11 for KC the year after he went 11-5 for NE.


                He's bad. Really bad.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                  Cassell hasn't been able to win a starting job in Minnesota, competing against the likes of Christian Ponder.

                  Cassell went 4-11 for KC the year after he went 11-5 for NE.


                  He's bad. Really bad.
                  FYI Matt Cassel signed a new contract with Minnesota last year and was the starting QB until he was injured. He spent the rest of the season on IR. He had beaten out Ponder and Bridgewater.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I don't understand how Manning changed the way the QB position is played........
                    He complained the the league about the way the Pats defensive backs and lbs mauled his receivers in the playoffs, and thus began the era of stricter rules on db contact and pass coverage.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                      Cassell hasn't been able to win a starting job in Minnesota, competing against the likes of Christian Ponder.

                      Cassell went 4-11 for KC the year after he went 11-5 for NE.


                      He's bad. Really bad.
                      worse than painter?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I guess Hasselbeck is factoring in regular season stats.......How can he be better then Brady, Montana, Elway. Even Aikman at this point? He really has the people brainwashed

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          worse than painter?

                          "Worse" is somewhat of an ambiguous term. They're both bad.

                          Do I believe that Cassel would have gone 11-5 for Indianapolis when Manning was hurt? No, I don't believe that for a second. However, that's exactly what he did for NE. Why? Because Belichick's system is built to win, regardless of QB.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                            "Worse" is somewhat of an ambiguous term. They're both bad.

                            Do I believe that Cassel would have gone 11-5 for Indianapolis when Manning was hurt? No, I don't believe that for a second. However, that's exactly what he did for NE. Why? Because Belichick's system is built to win, regardless of QB.
                            what system is that? He has run multiple systems/schemes over the past 15 years. Do you mean the 2 TE heavy system he used with Gronk and hernandez? The Power running game with Corey Dillon? The spread offense and deep passing game with Randy Moss and Welker?

                            They don't even run the same offensive system from week to week let alone year in and year out....I hate when people say that Belichick and Brady are products of a system...they seem to be the exact opposite of that.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X