• Show
Clear All

• Rahim Moore likely out & replacement might already be on roster

http://bsndenver.com/rahim-moore-lik...-be-on-roster/

From the Brandon Spano show on mile high sports 94.1

Originally posted by soloking View Post
    http://bsndenver.com/rahim-moore-lik...-be-on-roster/

From the Brandon Spano show on mile high sports 94.1
    I am one of the few Moore fans on these boards, but I will say Kayvon at FS really does excite me.
    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Who is it? Quinton Carter? Didn't listen to podcast

Comment

Originally posted by kev5ifty6 View Post
        Who is it? Quinton Carter? Didn't listen to podcast
        Kayvon Webster. His sources in the Broncos confirmed that Webster has been approached about the switch and will be competing for the starting FS position.
        sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
        UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Moved to Newswire.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

He said it was Kayvon Webster. Said, while Webster isn't big, in reality, he's bigger than Moore. Also said, that due to the strong play of Harris, Talib, and Roby, it was one of those things where they like Webster and his play and want him on the field, but his opportunities would be much less as a CB.
            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Awesome. I was hoping to see this last year personally. While there is no guarantee about how he will do at FS I think physically he has the tools to succeed.
              Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

I've been expecting this move since we drafted Roby! I'm on board with this 1000%
                sigpic

Comment

Wade and Gary moved Glover Quin from CB to FS and he was a great player. I think Webster could have a similar impact at FS.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                    Awesome. I was hoping to see this last year personally. While there is no guarantee about how he will do at FS I think physically he has the tools to succeed.
                    Sad that while we could tinker with the OL to death we would not try Webster at FS.

Comment

there's an unhealthy obsession here with playing every corner we have at safety. I don't see it happening, at least full-time.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                        there's an unhealthy obsession here with playing every corner we have at safety. I don't see it happening, at least full-time.
                        I don't think it's an obsession. I think that right now it's a legitimate question about what we do. We can't/shouldn't pay Rahim big money, I don't see any immediate starters in this years draft for FS, and unless we can land McCourty in FA (who we would have to pay big money) we don't have a lot of options. Kayvon is physically capable of playing safety. He is a faster, stronger, and more physical player than Moore. I don't see how giving him a shot through camp and the preseason would hurt. And some guys make that transition very smoothly and very well. This will be huge for us if it works.
                        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                          I don't think it's an obsession. I think that right now it's a legitimate question about what we do. We can't/shouldn't pay Rahim big money, I don't see any immediate starters in this years draft for FS, and unless we can land McCourty in FA (who we would have to pay big money) we don't have a lot of options. Kayvon is physically capable of playing safety. He is a faster, stronger, and more physical player than Moore. I don't see how giving him a shot through camp and the preseason would hurt. And some guys make that transition very smoothly and very well. This will be huge for us if it works.
                          There's always a possibility, and giving people shots is the coaches job, but having a physical corner (or an aging corer like Champ) doesn't make the transition natural. I'm not arguing who the replacement ought to be, but cornerback transition by process-of-elimination isn't very compelling.

I any case, most free agent and draft rumors turn out to be wrong...I understand fans need to think in hypotheticals, but I don't think this is a very promising hypothetical. It could be nice to see a corner in coverage in specialized situations, such as vs. Rob Gronkowski. I was hoping we'd do that with Talib against Gronk, and Belichick showed no fear in putting Browner on Coby Fleener, but instead we just got to see TJ Ward get abused (not that he's a bad safety, but its not a good matchup, like Talib vs. Hilton)...

Comment

Moore gone?
                            meh!

Comment

I like this idea. Webster is bigger than Moore and has better coverage skills and isn't afraid to lay a big hit on someone. We could use him a lot like New England uses McCourty
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X