No announcement yet.

Rahim Moore likely out & replacement might already be on roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webster is a very good in the run game, I must say this is a very intriguing move if true. My question is how well does Kayvon read the feel? One of the biggest necessity for a S is instincts. Kayvon would have great physical traits for a safety IMO.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Over the last 2 years, I have noticed that Webster does like to hit people! Now he just needs to learn to wrap up and be more consistent. I'm fine with the move. Moore is just an average starter at best, and has not really ever done anything to make me think he's a long term answer. If he comes back for a cheap contract, cool. If not, no big deal, we'll move on.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me. Webster hits like a free safety and is a decent runstopper. Wouldn't mind seeing Rahim gone. Good to see Kubiak and Wade making plans already.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Though Rahim Moore may never be forgiven because of that mistake against Baltimore, his best work goes unnoticed. As the deep field defender, many times he was all by himself helping over the top as T.J. Ward is weak in coverage and works best in the box. With Moore at FS, our defense allowed the least amount of 40+ passes and also the least amount of 20+ passes this season. How often did we see our defense getting beat with a huge pass down the field? That's Moore doing his job.

I like the idea of trying Kayvon Webster at FS, but I would feel better if he could compete with Rahim Moore (if re-signed) and beat him in camp. Projecting Webster as the FS when we don't even know if he will make a successful conversion is too risky in my opinion. Anyway, our defense with T.J. Ward has plenty of room for 3 safeties to rotate during games, as we saw with Quinton Carter this season.

We'd also have to replenish the depth at CB. I'm glad our CBs stayed healthy and we did not need the 4th CB to step up but we're always one injury away from depending on the 4th CB for nickel duties.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like Webster played safety throughout high school so the switch wouldn't be totally unnatural.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Cool

And, I think Webster is a great name for a DB.

Not that means much but hey - I'll take what I can get.

He must have some good instincts. I wonder what Wade Phillips is up to right now.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

If it is Webster, that may mean they have their eye on another corner in the draft.

I do not see them resigning Quinton Carter (UFA) or Tony Carter (RFA). Bruton is a UFA next year.

That leaves Ward, Webster, Talib, Harris and Roby with no backups.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes Yes and Yes! We are exercising our Demons this year! And I love it!

Now we need to find out who that player or players were that didn't want to play a game in New England and get them off this team as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                    Yes Yes and Yes! We are exercising our Demons this year! And I love it!

Now we need to find out who that player or players were that didn't want to play a game in New England and get them off this team as well.

Exercise or exorcise? Terrell Owens on a treadmill is a demon exercising .

Can you blame them? I wouldn't want to play @NE with the Three Stooges coaching either!
                    Last edited by L.M.; 02-04-2015, 06:44 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Though Rahim Moore may never be forgiven because of that mistake against Baltimore, his best work goes unnoticed. As the deep field defender, many times he was all by himself helping over the top as T.J. Ward is weak in coverage and works best in the box. With Moore at FS, our defense allowed the least amount of 40+ passes and also the least amount of 20+ passes this season. How often did we see our defense getting beat with a huge pass down the field? That's Moore doing his job.

I like the idea of trying Kayvon Webster at FS, but I would feel better if he could compete with Rahim Moore (if re-signed) and beat him in camp. Projecting Webster as the FS when we don't even know if he will make a successful conversion is too risky in my opinion. Anyway, our defense with T.J. Ward has plenty of room for 3 safeties to rotate during games, as we saw with Quinton Carter this season.

We'd also have to replenish the depth at CB. I'm glad our CBs stayed healthy and we did not need the 4th CB to step up but we're always one injury away from depending on the 4th CB for nickel duties.
                      Yeah there's no way we can just go into camp "banking" on Kayvon to be the starter. If Rahim walks, we gotta draft a S or sign someone to compete.

Although I do feel more confident in Wade Phillips trying to convert him rather JDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        If it is Webster, that may mean they have their eye on another corner in the draft.

I do not see them resigning Quinton Carter (UFA) or Tony Carter (RFA). Bruton is a UFA next year.

That leaves Ward, Webster, Talib, Harris and Roby with no backups.
                        People have been calling for Tony Carter's head for years. Somehow he's just stuck around. I don't have any idea if he again makes it this season, but he sure can run fast
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Why not? Could be quite promising.
                          sigpic

Comment

We have to draft the tallest CB in the draft class and make him the depth guy. try out that size thing a bit that Seattle incorporates.

II like the idea of Webster at FS. Get our talent on the field..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post

Never understood how anyone would blame him for that Baltimore loss,last time I checked Champ gave up two long touchdowns in that game,last time I check it was Fox who chose to kneel the ball down in the 4th quarter,last time I check it was Tony Carter who got burned on that play,I can list you a plethora of other stuff and yet people still want to focus on that one play

People will continue to talk about that loss and yet don't have the same feeling about this year loss in the playoffs,say what you want about that Baltimore game,at least we tried to win the game and showed heart,you can't say about this year loss..Its almost like this team was ready to pack it in,after that first drive...

I'm not saying he was this great safety,but people are treating Rahim Moore like some bum......He makes one mistake and everybody want to crucify him for it.....but won't do the same with the starting quarterback who chose not to run for the first down and overthrew his receivers in the Divisional Round,all game....
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                People have been calling for Tony Carter's head for years. Somehow he's just stuck around. I don't have any idea if he again makes it this season, but he sure can run fast
                                I don't hate TC. He played well for us in 2012. And has been solid depth. However, last year in preseason he was straight out-played by Jerome Murphy and arguably by Jordan Sullen too. Yet he remained on the roster while they were cut. That really bothered me, just didn't seem like an honest competition.
                                Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Working...
                                X