Rahim Moore likely out & replacement might already be on roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    Never understood how anyone would blame him for that Baltimore loss,last time I checked Champ gave up two long touchdowns in that game,last time I check it was Fox who chose to kneel the ball down in the 4th quarter,last time I check it was Tony Carter who got burned on that play,I can list you a plethora of other stuff and yet people still want to focus on that one play

People will continue to talk about that loss and yet don't have the same feeling about this year loss in the playoffs,say what you want about that Baltimore game,at least we tried to win the game and showed heart,you can't say about this year loss..Its almost like this team was ready to pack it in,after that first drive...

I'm not saying he was this great safety,but people are treating Rahim Moore like some bum......He makes one mistake and everybody want to crucify him for it.....but won't do the same with the starting quarterback who chose not to run for the first down and overthrew his receivers in the Divisional Round,all game....
    I like Rahim. 2012 he played well other than one play and 2013 before his freak injury he was playing great. But this year he struggled some (maybe because of the injury?) and truth is he will probably price himself out of Denver anyway.
    Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

That is good, because this isn't the draft to be trying to get a safety in.
      sigpic

Comment

as far as measurables go Kayvon should fit right in and do just as good or even better because he is faster a better tackler and bigger hitter, the question is will he be able to take the proper angles. I do like Raheem but if he is gone I wouldn't mind seeing Kayvon in that position

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
          I don't hate TC. He played well for us in 2012. And has been solid depth. However, last year in preseason he was straight out-played by Jerome Murphy and arguably by Jordan Sullen too. Yet he remained on the roster while they were cut. That really bothered me, just didn't seem like an honest competition.
          Probably got the spot because he has the playbook down. People like to hate on Tony Carter but he is fantastic depth and can make plays, like this past year he recovered another fumble for a touchdown. Not bad for the 5th corner on the team. After experiencing some of the corners Shanny had at the end, you will get no complaints out of me about Tony Carter lol
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Probably got the spot because he has the playbook down. People like to hate on Tony Carter but he is fantastic depth and can make plays, like this past year he recovered another fumble for a touchdown. Not bad for the 5th corner on the team. After experiencing some of the corners Shanny had at the end, you will get no complaints out of me about Tony Carter lol
            I agree, he is about as good a fifth corner as you can ask for. I get the play book thing but to me it's not like the other guys were completely clueless. And as the fifth corner on the team you will get a little extra time before you see the field. I guess I just feel like every position should be up for grabs in training camp, OTAs and preseason. The fact that he was obviously outplayed by 2 younger guys and still made the team over them felt like favoritism because of past services, not him truly winning that roster spot. I get the argument that he was more of a known commodity to the coaches, but it still kinda bothers me. But ya, this situation is definitely preferable to what it was back in some of those shanny teams.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              I like this idea. Webster is bigger than Moore and has better coverage skills and isn't afraid to lay a big hit on someone. We could use him a lot like New England uses McCourty
              Yes the corner who consistently got burnt is going to replace Moore. Oh and Moore who is great at tackling and has been fined a couple times for it is afraid to lay a big hit?

Comment

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
                Yes the corner who consistently got burnt is going to replace Moore. Oh and Moore who is great at tackling and has been fined a couple times for it is afraid to lay a big hit?
                Consistently? Really? Kayvon had a pretty good rookie season outside of the SD game. That's a guy who we took knowing that he was a raw product as far as the coverage side of playing corner. He barely played this last year because of Talib and Roby. I like Moore, but odds are he will price himself out of here. Give the guy a shot before writing him off.

Comment

Consistently? Really? Kayvon had a pretty good rookie season outside of the SD game. That's a guy who we took knowing that he was a raw product as far as the coverage side of playing corner. He barely played this last year because of Talib and Roby. I like Moore, but odds are he will price himself out of here. Give the guy a shot before writing him off.
                  yes, Kayvon got benched a crap top, and barely played this year. If he was better than Rahim like people on here are praising for.... then why did no one hear his name this year, and why did Rahim do pretty darn solid.

Edit: not saying Rahim's price is justified just sick of the crap people give him
                  Last edited by MorenoFan27; 02-04-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Also to my last post. People on here were praising Ihencho and saying he is better than Rahim... Look at him now. Rahim is a player every team wants. He will never be a superstar but is solid in every aspect of the game

Comment

yes, Kayvon got benched a crap top, and barely played this year. If he was better than Rahim like people on here are praising for.... then why did no one hear his name this year, and why did Rahim do pretty darn solid.

Edit: not saying Rahim's price is justified just sick of the crap people give him
                      I get it. Rahim gets more hate than he deserves, but saying Webster was "consistently beat" is inaccurate. He had one bad game (which he played with a broken hand by the way) his rookie year. Roby was a first round pick. Did anyone expect K-Webb to win the 3rd corner spot? It's unfair to judge a guy due to lack of opportunity.

Do any of us know what he will be as a safety? Nope. But he has good physical tools and is stronger and faster than Moore. hopefully he can adjust and be the answer. Because if not we are going to be counting on a rookie in a weak safety class to start for us.

Comment

I get it. Rahim gets more hate than he deserves, but saying Webster was "consistently beat" is inaccurate. He had one bad game (which he played with a broken hand by the way) his rookie year. Roby was a first round pick. Did anyone expect K-Webb to win the 3rd corner spot? It's unfair to judge a guy due to lack of opportunity.

Do any of us know what he will be as a safety? Nope. But he has good physical tools and is stronger and faster than Moore. hopefully he can adjust and be the answer. Because if not we are going to be counting on a rookie in a weak safety class to start for us.
                        Exactly we do not know what he will be as a safety... so why get rid of the guy who has played solid football ever since his rookie year for a unknown, if we are in win now mode?

... but no I get where others are coming from. We can save money, get someone else, and Kayvon plays as good. I just personally do not see it happening from what I saw from him.

Comment

Exactly we do not know what he will be as a safety... so why get rid of the guy who has played solid football ever since his rookie year for a unknown, if we are in win now mode?

... but no I get where others are coming from. We can save money, get someone else, and Kayvon plays as good. I just personally do not see it happening from what I saw from him.

I appreciate your love for Rahim cause others have crucified him for that ONE MASSIVE error which apart from that he has been pretty solid.However with Kayvon a guy who is faster,bigger and can hit harder(and who seldom got beat minus the game he played vs SD with a broken hand)and played FS in high school what exactly is it that makes you think Kayvon cant do it.

Comment

Good.

10 char
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Same reason why Harris didn't start his rookie year and didn't see the field until the guy he was put behind had seizures.

Same reason why Orton Started over Tebow

Same reason why C.J Anderson didn't see the field last year and got benched earlier this year after averaging 5.5 ypc..

That reason: JOHN FOX

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                People have been calling for Tony Carter's head for years. Somehow he's just stuck around. I don't have any idea if he again makes it this season, but he sure can run fast
                                Yea, he somehow makes it. The guy tries hard, but seems to have bad luck with penalties. I thought he would be worth a try at FS as he is like another Earl Thomas. The lack of depth may bring Tony Carter another roster spot again this year. I do think Webster makes a better FS though and him and Ward would be fierce.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X