X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking. I keep saying that there is a chance we may have to trade up for a QB next year, so letting Moore, Franklin, JT and Welker (maybe even Knighton) walk may give us enough "premium" comp picks to "sell the farm" without feeling the mule kick.
    I still like the idea of tag and trade JT even if it's for a 2016 pick.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    It seems like his time in Denver is at an end, probably best for both sides to move on and get a fresh start.

After what he went through in 2013 I'm happy that he was able to come back and resume his career, I hope he has success wherever he goes, unless it's Oakland, Seattle or NE.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Exactly what I'm thinking. I keep saying that there is a chance we may have to trade up for a QB next year, so letting Moore, Franklin, JT and Welker (maybe even Knighton) walk may give us enough "premium" comp picks to "sell the farm" without feeling the mule kick.
    mid to late round comp picks wouldn't really have that affect.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    I never thought of this. I am glad there are so many smart people on these boards. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Just one more comp pick for next year.

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    I hope we go after Devin McCourty from NE in free agency or Chris Hackett from TCU in the draft
    We'd have to get pretty lucky to land McCourty. I'd be surprised if they don't just tag him if they don't work out a deal. On top of that he will probably get 10 per year.

Leave a comment:

• IHaveBRONC-itus
    replied
    I hope we go after Devin McCourty from NE in free agency or Chris Hackett from TCU in the draft

Leave a comment:

• MontyJake11
    replied
    Kayvon at FS?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/2...ahim-moore-out

Word is that he could possibly take Rahim's spot in the starting lineup. I have always like Kayvon and I think he has potential. As for the FS position, I think it could potentially be a smart move to fill that need in house. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    I think after watching the Colts game and seeing Moore crap his pants in man coverage it would make sense to try Webster out at FS. He'll be a much more versatile player. He's an aggressive tackler and can cover more ground. His skill set shows more potential IMO

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I'm a bif fan of his and I think that he was making great strides b4 his injury. In 2013, he wasn't tking poor angles, was making devastating tackles (I think he literally took out 3 TE's last year), and was always in a place to make a play. If my memory serves me correctly, he graded out as the 3rd best safety before his injury sidelined him.

This past season, he seemed to regress back to his rookie form. Bad angles, missed tackles, and less aggressive all around. It's beat to have that happen in a contract year. Because had he came back at his 2013 level, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis.1960
    replied
    Does this mean the "dream" is dead

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Just one more comp pick for next year.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    One upside to this, if true, is Moore now has more of a reason to fight for his job, or at least, to fight for a starting position.

Competition is a good thing. More so when you have coaching personnel that is looking where a player might better fit the scheme :thumb:
    Moore is an unrestricted free agent so there might not be a job for him to fight for.

If this talk of possibly replacing him with Webster is true, the coaches might have just simply seen enough on film to decide that either Webster is a better option or that Moore just doesn't fit their goals

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    One upside to this, if true, is Moore now has more of a reason to fight for his job, or at least, to fight for a starting position.

Competition is a good thing. More so when you have coaching personnel that is looking where a player might better fit the scheme :thumb:
    He's a free agent....if we have any plans on signing him it will be at a higher cost and if we're paying him a dime more we better be sure he's the guy. I wouldn't give him a raise to compete. Some other team will overpay for him. Good luck Rahim.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Moore is definately getting better but he still misses allot of opportunities to make plays. They key is when will he stop getting better....will he improve again next year? Who knows.

Could live with him another year but if his price tag too high then I am all for Webster at Safety

Do not really care much either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X