Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller: We can win a Championship with Peyton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...return-in-2015

Von Miller thinks Peyton Manning is coming back in 2015, and his reasoning is pretty solid.

"We can win a championship with Peyton," Miller told The Denver Post. "I think that's the only thing that matters. What else can I say? I think he's coming back. He said a long time ago that he would stop playing football when he felt like he was hurting a team more than helping a team. There's still so much he can do, so many wonderful things he can do for the Denver Broncos."

Manning spoke most recently during Super Bowl week where he said the physical component of his return was a non-issue. He's already met with new coach Gary Kubiak and planned to meet with John Elway upon his return from vacation.

And at the moment, Miller sounds right. Denver has the look and feel of a team prepared to make one more good run with the veterans currently in place. Yes, Manning struggled down the stretch last year due to a nagging injury, but even at 38, an offseason would be more than enough time to heal.

The question for Manning will be whether he views the endeavor as worthwhile. Seeing Tom Brady seal a fourth Super Bowl title may have put some things in perspective this offseason, despite the fact that Manning put up the all-time touchdown record a few months prior.

Would a second Lombardi Trophy significantly alter Manning's legacy? How would it change if he continued to struggle?

These are issues he's undoubtedly sorting out at the moment behind the scenes, but if you ask us, Miller has the right idea.

I just hope he comes back healthy and loses the ego that doesn't allow him to take himself out of games even when he's hurting the team. If he has another year like 2013, with our coaching staff, D and a run game that takes off where it did from last year we have a good chance.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      I just hope he comes back healthy and loses the ego that doesn't allow him to take himself out of games even when he's hurting the team. If he has another year like 2013, with our coaching staff, D and a run game that takes off where it did from last year we have a good chance.
      Agreed. And the other thing I'd really like to see Peyton do is take himself out of games that are lopsided so Oz can get some regular season game experience.
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
        Agreed. And the other thing I'd really like to see Peyton do is take himself out of games that are lopsided so Oz can get some regular season game experience.
        That should be the plan this year, imo. Let Brock get some playing time so Peyton can rest and be healthy going into the postseason. He'll have the 2 all-time records he's chasing by week 10.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
          I don't think he'll have an option now with Kubiak here. With Fox it was one thing because he wasn't the type to tell Manning anything or anyone else for that matter. Maybe I'm wrong, but just what I got from him.

Comment

They can win a championship with Peyton if he cuts his salary in half. The Broncos need money to keep their young studs. And they need money to get a better O line. Problem is, they have an overpaid qb and not much cash to do all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
              They can win a championship with Peyton if he cuts his salary in half. The Broncos need money to keep their young studs. And they need money to get a better O line. Problem is, they have an overpaid qb and not much cash to do all that.
              Elway showed last year that if he wants a player he'll figure out a way to make it work. The Broncos have $26 million in cap space, and that's before any restructures, extensions or players cut, and that's assuming the cap is at $140 million, it could be higher. Miller signing an extension could lower his $9+ million cap hit, Clady looks like an obvious restructure and cutting Colquitt and Ramirez opens up $5.25 million in cap room. Chris Clark $1.4 million, Caldwell just over $1.3 million. There's lot of cap space that can be created.

Of the teams UFA players the only big ticket lock is D Thomas, Franklin is a maybe, but the other players they're likely to resign (Irving, Garland, Unrein) will be cheap contracts.

The Broncos will have to say goodbye to some players that have been good for them (J Thomas, Knighton) but the "cap crunch" that people are predicting really isn't as dire as some make it seem, granted they're not the Jaguars with $63 million in cap space, but it's not the end of the world either.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Elway showed last year that if he wants a player he'll figure out a way to make it work. The Broncos have $26 million in cap space, and that's before any restructures, extensions or players cut, and that's assuming the cap is at $140 million, it could be higher. Miller signing an extension could lower his $9+ million cap hit, Clady looks like an obvious restructure and cutting Colquitt and Ramirez opens up $5.25 million in cap room. Chris Clark $1.4 million, Caldwell just over $1.3 million. There's lot of cap space that can be created.

Of the teams UFA players the only big ticket lock is D Thomas, Franklin is a maybe, but the other players they're likely to resign (Irving, Garland, Unrein) will be cheap contracts.

The Broncos will have to say goodbye to some players that have been good for them (J Thomas, Knighton) but the "cap crunch" that people are predicting really isn't as dire as some make it seem, granted they're not the Jaguars with $63 million in cap space, but it's not the end of the world either.
                If Elway can pull it off, good for him, and he's better than I thought. But I don't see you guys being as talented next year.

Comment

When is Os' contract season? He might want to go follow his dream
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    When is Os' contract season? He might want to go follow his dream
                    This will be his contract year
                    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

He's not overpaid, when you consider the other QB's in the league. How many other QB's were more effective and successful than Peyton, even this year? Not many.

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                        He's not overpaid, when you consider the other QB's in the league. How many other QB's were more effective and successful than Peyton, even this year? Not many.
                        Successful the first 3/4's of the year. The problem is how Peyton finishes the year.

Comment

Successful the first 3/4's of the year. The problem is how Peyton finishes the year.
                          Well yeah, but he gets paid for the entire year, not just for how he finishes.

His entire body of work last year justified his salary, when you compare it to other QB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                            Well yeah, but he gets paid for the entire year, not just for how he finishes.

His entire body of work last year justified his salary, when you compare it to other QB's.
                            Depends what you like. If you like regular season players or postseason players.

Comment

Depends what you like. If you like regular season players or postseason players.
                              Or if you just like to be a troll
                              Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Working...
                              X