Von Miller: We can win a Championship with Peyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    Successful the first 3/4's of the year. The problem is how Peyton finishes the year.
    Yeah it's almost like a partially torn quad (and bruised other quad) would affect a QB throwing. I'm sure it didn't though, he probably just completely lost it overnight one night though right?

Comment

Seems like the players are calling for Manning to come back. Reading between the lines, I suspect they think Manning gives us the best chance to win. I agree. Neither Os, the UFA QBs, or any of the college QBs get me excited. Let's hope Manning comes back with a vengeance and helps carry this team to a Lombardi.
      sigpic

Comment

If Elway can pull it off, good for him, and he's better than I thought. But I don't see you guys being as talented next year.

It could be worse, Denver could have the GM of a team who got rid of a QB to move on from "Star Wars numbers" in order to build a more balanced team, yet has shown a complete inability to build a defense or running game, but the good news is the new QB is about to get $20 million per year, I'm sure that will help the defense and running game, and at least they don't have to worry about those "Star Wars numbers" anymore.

Comment

I think it would be the best interest of everyone on the team to let Brock play when we have a lead larger than 14pts in the 2nd half or are down more than 14pts with less than 5 minutes to go in every game. All we need to do is get to the playoffs with a healthy Peyton to have our best shot, and we need to know if Brock is the guy after Peyton retires, if we want to re-sign him or let him walk and find somebody else.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            I think it would be the best interest of everyone on the team to let Brock play when we have a lead larger than 14pts in the 2nd half or are down more than 14pts with less than 5 minutes to go in every game. All we need to do is get to the playoffs with a healthy Peyton to have our best shot, and we need to know if Brock is the guy after Peyton retires, if we want to re-sign him or let him walk and find somebody else.
            I agree, I was hoping that Osweiller would play a lot in the preseason as well but with Manning learning a new offense he'll also need the reps. Probably not a good preseason to be the third or fourth QB because the top 2 are going to need the majority of the reps in the games.

Comment

When you're second string behind Peyton, you just aren't gonna get many reps with the first string.

Comment

When you're second string behind Peyton, you just aren't gonna get many reps with the first string.
                That's true of pretty much any team with a really good starting QB. How many reps do the backups in GB, NO, NE, Ind get? Actually pretty much any team with a settled number one QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                  He's not overpaid, when you consider the other QB's in the league. How many other QB's were more effective and successful than Peyton, even this year? Not many.

I don't think he's worth that much, but I say the same for most of the league. At least we're not in the Saints' situation, that is a problem.

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  It could be worse, Denver could have the GM of a team who got rid of a QB to move on from "Star Wars numbers" in order to build a more balanced team, yet has shown a complete inability to build a defense or running game, but the good news is the new QB is about to get $20 million per year, I'm sure that will help the defense and running game, and at least they don't have to worry about those "Star Wars numbers" anymore.
                  Insanity!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                    I don't think he's worth that much, but I say the same for most of the league. At least we're not in the Saints' situation, that is a problem.

Insanity!!!!
                    The Saints situation is a complete mess. They're $23 million over the cap already and they're going to have to make some deep cuts. But I'm sure they'll just push it further into the future, Brees has astronomical cap numbers the next 2 years ($26.5 million in 2015 $27.4 million in 2016) so I'm sure they'll just extend him, give him a bunch of money upfront and be forced to do it all again in 3 years when his cap number is $40 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      The Saints situation is a complete mess. They're $23 million over the cap already and they're going to have to make some deep cuts. But I'm sure they'll just push it further into the future, Brees has astronomical cap numbers the next 2 years ($26.5 million in 2015 $27.4 million in 2016) so I'm sure they'll just extend him, give him a bunch of money upfront and be forced to do it all again in 3 years when his cap number is $40 million.
                      Have they fired their GM yet over that mess? Jeez, theyre turning into NFC version of the raiders.

Comment

Working...
                      X