Report: Broncos may not want Manning back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    If Elway didnt want Peyton back, he wouldnt have said "we want him back". It would have been more along the lines of a non-committal "it's up to him".
    Then why did he say the same thing about Tebow?

Businessmen willie through their teeth to uphold their image. It's not inconceivable that Elway was lying, or that he somehow "changed his mind" or however he wants to spin it.

He doesn't want Manning back.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
      Especially since the first I saw this report was from a patriots beat reporter on comcast NE sportsnet.....
      It was pass g along Cole's report. You know, the guy who is very close to Elways? The guy Elway hand picked to write his book?

Don't be so blind, this is a very credible, very real report.

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
        Except an offensive line or running attack, the 2 things he really needed. Give me a break
        Well he's had no worse than the 16th ranked run game, handing off to three different pro bowl RBs in McGahee, Moreno, and Anderson. Also, the OL has releasedly given up some of the smallest sack numbers in the league for 3 years, as well as excelling in short yardage run push situations.

Manning was pampered here. Best offensive and defensive talent in the league for three years and he couldn't take advantage of it.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Bleacher report...I don't care that it's part of CBS Sports now...Bleacher report is all I had to read to know this was just worthless clickbait.
          Except for the well known fact that the guy from bleacher report has very close ties to John Elway.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            The problem with this theory is what Elway said about wanting Manning to come back. He's boxed himself in. He wasn't non-committal like he was with Tebow. If he's changed his mind, it's going to be hard to let Manning go without it looking like he was pushed out.
            We wasn't noncommittal with Tebow he said he was the starter and that he would work very closely with him over the offseason to help further his development

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
              45 years and counting.

# 2 Denver Broncos
              Hometown Crowd Rank: 5
              TV Audience Rank: 4
              Stadium Attendance Rank: 1
              Social Media Rank: 4
              Merchandise Rank: 2
              I would be interested in seeing these same statistics in the years before Manning. It is my understanding that Peyton means brings in 60M in added revenue and has every year since he came here. These figures BTW come from Forbes. Would you have the figures for the pre-Manning days? Thanks
              Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
                I would be interested in seeing these same statistics in the years before Manning. It is my understanding that Peyton means brings in 60M in added revenue and has every year since he came here. These figures BTW come from Forbes. Would you have the figures for the pre-Manning days? Thanks
                I would guess they were as high, or higher, due to Tebowmania. Checking before that might be a better indicator.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I would guess they were as high, or higher, due to Tebowmania. Checking before that might be a better indicator.
                  You are likely right....good point.

Comment

he will be back for one more season, whether it be in denver or elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Well he's had no worse than the 16th ranked run game, handing off to three different pro bowl RBs in McGahee, Moreno, and Anderson. Also, the OL has releasedly given up some of the smallest sack numbers in the league for 3 years, as well as excelling in short yardage run push situations.

Manning was pampered here. Best offensive and defensive talent in the league for three years and he couldn't take advantage of it.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.
                      I do feel bad, let me guess you are upset because you loved John Fox and JDR and you think they had no blame and it's all on Manning because your 'expectations' for Manning were to save team from decades of mediocrity ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Papa-pwn;5153855]We wasn't noncommittal with Tebow he said he was the starter and that he would work very closely with him over the offseason to help further his development[/QUOTE

Actually, he was non-committal on Tebow. He was careful to say that Tebow had earned the right to go into training camp as the starter. That left him an out on Tebow not being around at the start of the season. He probably already knew that he was going to make a run at Manning.

He made seem pretty clear that he wants Manning to return. It's going to be hard to get out of that without it looking like he was being a used car salesman.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Maybe all this talk is just to make sure Manning knows that this year is the last year -if he wants to come back. This auto-biography author did mention that the Broncos are sort of saying just that - if he plays this year, this will be the final year. I dunno how valuable this opinion is, but this might be a way to just make sure Manning knows -without having to tell him - that this is it. It's your decision to make - we want you back this season but if you're done that's ok too. But next year the Broncos have to begin implementing their post Manning plans.

I don't know how good Brock Osweiller is but wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall when Elway and Brock talk about what the the future holds? Does Elway truly believe in Os? The reality is that Elway probably doesn't know. He wouldn't have drafted Brock if he didn't think he had the potential and like Elway said in his last presser, "we'll know when the lights come on". Well - we need to know soon. It'd really suck to let Brock go follow his dream elsewhere and he ends up being one of the greats. I dunno who knows? We want to at least give him his shot. Broncos DO have quite a bit of time invested in him now. Would LOVE to know what Elway and Brock have talked about.
                          Last edited by dizzolve; 02-11-2015, 04:09 PM.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I think Elway is a straight shooter and professional. If he did not want Manning back he would have already told him in private and not gone out of his way to say he wants him back. I don't think Elway would leak info about something so important either. I think there aren't many stories to write after the super bowl and someone came up with this. Just because the author wrote Elways book, way back when, doesn't mean Elway confides in him. I think maybe he hopes for a restructure to free up some cash and that would be okay. Brady is making 9 million this year, but his restructure actually raised his salry by 3 mil over all.

Comment

Just for curiosity sake, I decided to find out what I could on my own about attendance figures and what I found when I examined home attendance was quite interesting. Denver has consistently been number 5 in the league in home attendance but here are the attendance figures for the years 2006 to 2014

2006 - 610,776

2007 - 612,888

2008 - 604,074

2009 - 600,928

2010 - 599,264 - Tim Tebow started 3 games as a rookie

2011 - 602,618 - Tim Tebow became full time qb in the 6th game of the season.

2012 - 613,062 - Peyton Manning arrives and Tim Tebow is traded.

2013 - 614,977

2014 - 615,517

Average yearly increase in attendance after Peyton arrives: 11,920

It is clear that when Peyton arrived so did more fans. Now outside of being interesting this is not by any means a reason to keep him. But those people who are suggesting that the Broncos attendance is the same no matter what are clearly not seeing the whole picture. To argue that cutting Manning will have no effect on the bottom line is not an effective argument in my opinion. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                                Thinking as a fan, I don't want Manning back. I'm ready to move on. I don't believe we can win a championship with him. Considering the new coaching staff and new system, I'd rather speed up our long-term plans which must include the evaluation of Osweiler. Without Manning, Kubiak won't have to bend his system and beliefs to fit a fading star that likely won't last beyond this season. I understand we may struggle to get back to the playoffs and each win will be a hard-fought battle again, but I'm ready for it because we will soon have to deal with this anyway.

Thinking as Elway and Kubiak, I can see why they would want Manning back. Elway needs a good season in 2015 to prove we have a championship roster and Fox was just riding Manning's success. Kubiak needs a good season to prove Elway right, to prove we needed better coaching to get to the next level. There will be a lot of pressure and a bad feeling if we go from 12-4 to 8-8 without a playoff spot. Manning can win in the regular season. Elway and Kubiak would rather get to the playoffs and then see what happens. Once Manning is gone, we will start a quest (which can be quick or take a long time) to find the proper replacement.

I really like our current coaching staff. I really like Kubiak's offense, I think it's the beautiful Broncos football the fans are used to. I just don't like the idea of bringing a new coaching staff and make them look like the previous coaches because Manning is still running the show. I want the head coach to run the show, with all players buying in.
                                Whats with all these negative waves Moriartie? The bridge will be there, its a beautiful bridge! and it will be there!

This is a Quote from Odd Ball in the movie Kellys Heros and I think it fits here..

Have a little faith baby!:thumb:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!
                                Last edited by BANJOPICKER1; 02-13-2015, 06:41 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X