Julius Thomas wants to be among the highest-paid tight ends in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Nowhere has Julius stated himself that he wants close to Graham money nor has he stated that he wants to be "among the highest paid TEs" ... that is supposedly according to ESPN, - "Thomas’ representatives, as you would expect, have made it clear to the Broncos he wants to be among the league’s highest-paid players at the position". That's not Julius being quoted ... if my agent said I didn't want to be among the highest paid TE's and will take half that I would tape his mouth shut as I am firing him. You start negotiations high not low. "Among the highest paid" is very subjective ... Vernon Davis gets 7.35M per year at 4th highest; that is "among the highest paid".

I certainly am not advocating paying Julius anywhere near 10M per year but I have not found anywhere that Julius has stated that.
    Your representatives speak on your behalf so it's the same thing as you saying it, especially if they present it as your idea.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      No thanks. Brady + Gronk's cap hit is already less than Manning's alone, no need to screw ourselves further by overpaying a TE.
      That is not true, close but not less. For 2014 Manning's cap hit is 17.5M. Brady/Gronk is 20.2M. In 2015 Brady/Gronk = at least 22.65M ... Manning's is 21.5M
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        Your representatives speak on your behalf so it's the same thing as you saying it, especially if they present it as your idea.
        No its not... they negotiate for you. I already went over that. And that wasn't a quote from an agent either. Even if that is true, what does "among the highest paid" mean?
        sigpic

Comment

He's not even in the top 5 at his position
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Bottom line, know your worth. Julius worth isn't top 5 TE money. Esp on a team that's is best fit for blocking tight ends.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I can't blame a guy for wanting top dollar. The NFL is a fickle mistress, and in one play your career is over. Do I think he gets it? No, but at the same time I hinge no ill will towards his decision.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Is he worth it?

Ask people that question prior to the St. Louis game.

Comment

It will be nice watching him play in Oakland next season.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFieldA View Post
                    Any team that makes this guy one of the highest paid TEs has idiots running it.

Half the league? Not all the idiots can afford him, so economics will take over.
                    Bowlen: "no competitive advantage" in salary cap violations.

Comment

So Jordan Cameron wants out of Cleveland....

Comment

Originally posted by The Donkinator View Post
                        Half the league? Not all the idiots can afford him, so economics will take over.
                        Raiders can afford it, and that's most likely where he'll go.

He's not worth it at all, but I don't really blame him. He's put up the numbers being Manning's favorite RZ target over the last couple seasons, and I think he realizes that he may be exposed as soon as he has someone else throwing it to him. He's also had a few ankle surgeries and had more problems with it last season. Don't blame him at all for taking the money. If I was in his situation knowing my career may be over soon I would probably do the same thing. Overall, it was a pretty good investment from the Broncos, got a couple of really good years out of him. Will we get a comp pick if he goes somewhere else and signs a huge contract? Still not completely clear about how all that works, but it would be nice if we got a high pick from the Raiders for throwing money at him that he isn't worth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Julius Thomas may want to get paid, but I think we as fans want to see him hit someone at least once before that happens, lol

He's basically just another WR, and while he is a great receiving option- he isn't top TE money

As someone else said, Jordan Cameron is available....

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            So Jordan Cameron wants out of Cleveland....
                            I wouldn't mind him if we still re-signed Virgil Green.

Here's PFF's rankings of the FA TEs from last season. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ts-tight-ends/

Funny that Green still ranked ahead of Thomas when he only had a little more than half the snaps and JT had 12 TDs. I would like it better if we signed both Green and Bear Pascoe and gave Green some more targets.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to believe that we'll pay him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Please let him go Elway. He's too soft and injury-prone.
                                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X