Julius Thomas wants to be among the highest-paid tight ends in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Raiders can afford it, and that's most likely where he'll go.

He's not worth it at all, but I don't really blame him. He's put up the numbers being Manning's favorite RZ target over the last couple seasons, and I think he realizes that he may be exposed as soon as he has someone else throwing it to him. He's also had a few ankle surgeries and had more problems with it last season. Don't blame him at all for taking the money. If I was in his situation knowing my career may be over soon I would probably do the same thing. Overall, it was a pretty good investment from the Broncos, got a couple of really good years out of him. Will we get a comp pick if he goes somewhere else and signs a huge contract? Still not completely clear about how all that works, but it would be nice if we got a high pick from the Raiders for throwing money at him that he isn't worth.
    It's dependent on what we do in Free Agency but if we do receive a comp pick, it would obviously be one of the better ones since it's usually based on size of new salary and past production.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I don't think OAK needs him. They have Rivera, who's just as good
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

What about this idea:

Tag and trade TE J Thomas and let WR D Thomas play some TE?

It seems like most people feel J Thomas is a pass catching TE,
        then perhaps D Thomas can fill those shoes. D Thomas played
        in a college system where he was required to block therefore
        he's probably a better blocker than J Thomas already.

E Sanders.........OT, OG, OC, OG, OT, D Thomas........C Latimer

D Thomas would cause great problems for defenses similar to Gronk.

3, 2, 1...flame away.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
          What about this idea:

3, 2, 1...flame away.
          No, no, no. Haha.
          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
            No, no, no. Haha.
            LOL. Care to elaborate?

D Thomas would murder opposing LB's and S's.

E Sanders vs CB1
            C Latimer vs CB2
            D Thomas vs LB

He'd be unstoppable!

Comment

He was a product of the pass happy system we had employed before we implemented the run. Let him go. His ego will lead to his demise. Hey Decker, try luring JT instead. Stay away from DT.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                HAHAHA this genuinely made my night. Thank you so much for the awesome laugh!

Comment

JT can say whatever he wants, but the rest of the league is not stupid. No one is going to pay him for a couple half-seasons catching passes from Manning.

JT is like the Kanye of football right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

What about this idea:

3, 2, 1...flame away.
                    I like your creative thinking.
                    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

He screams Eric Decker to me. He will go get overpaid by the Oakland Raiders and post 550 yards and 7 TDs. You dont pay somebody elite position money when they are not good at everything.

He cant run block so basically he is kind of like the tight end version of a situational pass rusher. He doesnt play well in the middle of the field and he is pretty limited to only being super effective in the redzone. Basically, hes the anti-Jason Witten. Jason Witten gets 1,000-1,200 yards every year but only 2-4 TDs. Julius gets 500-750 yards a year but 9-12 TDs.

Bottom line is you dont pay a guy max money who cant pass block and is only super effective in the redzone who also has injury history. He is actually smart to leave Denver and do the Decker thing. He realizes he overachieved like Decker because of Peyton and is lined up for his once-in-a-lifetime payday. Might as well go get paid huge money while you can. Im just not really going to think we lost out on a whole lot if he does leave. Im 100% confident he was a product of Peyton and Owen Daniels or Virgil Green could have similar success. Those two guys are twice the run blockers as Julius and are better TEs in the open field not just relegated to the redzone.
                      Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

What about this idea:

3, 2, 1...flame away.
                        Lol no. Not even 1% possible or even a remotely good idea.

Comment

I think he lands in Jacksonville if he doesn't stay here. They have a lot of cap room, and a need at TE.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                            I think he lands in Jacksonville if he doesn't stay here. They have a lot of cap room, and a need at TE.
                            Yeah I could definitely see that happening. Bortles needs a good safety valve and they have tons of cap room. Although I wouldn't rule out Oakland or Seattle either. Seattle tried to trade for him before, but that will depend on what kind of market he finds for himself.

Comment

JT is a basketball player with one year of college football experience and the experience the Broncos have taught him. The guy has played 36 games in 4 years and hasn't played an entire season since the Broncos took a huge chance on him drafting him in the 4th round.

Let him walk he is not worth the effort as he will never sacrifice for any team.
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                                He screams Eric Decker to me. He will go get overpaid by the Oakland Raiders and post 550 yards and 7 TDs. You dont pay somebody elite position money when they are not good at everything.

He cant run block so basically he is kind of like the tight end version of a situational pass rusher. He doesnt play well in the middle of the field and he is pretty limited to only being super effective in the redzone. Basically, hes the anti-Jason Witten. Jason Witten gets 1,000-1,200 yards every year but only 2-4 TDs. Julius gets 500-750 yards a year but 9-12 TDs.

Bottom line is you dont pay a guy max money who cant pass block and is only super effective in the redzone who also has injury history. He is actually smart to leave Denver and do the Decker thing. He realizes he overachieved like Decker because of Peyton and is lined up for his once-in-a-lifetime payday. Might as well go get paid huge money while you can. Im just not really going to think we lost out on a whole lot if he does leave. Im 100% confident he was a product of Peyton and Owen Daniels or Virgil Green could have similar success. Those two guys are twice the run blockers as Julius and are better TEs in the open field not just relegated to the redzone.
                                I would give up JT for Jason Witten in a heart beat. Dude brings every attribute we've been craving for these last few years. One could only dream though.

Comment

Working...
                                X