Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning In Talks With Broncos To Restructure His Contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Its interesting how this is all connected. 2005 Playoff loss to the Steelers. Kubiak leaves for Houston. Shanahan coaches Manning in the pro bowl and determines that Plummer cannot get the job done. Shanahan drafts Cutler and assumes playcalling after Kubiak's departure.

Really our run game hasn't been the same since Kubiak left and as Shanahan transitioned to a pass focused offense our wins proceeded to decline each year. Funny how ten years later things appear to be coming full circle.
    Interesting connections for sure. Brings Joni Mitchell's song, The Circle Game to mind...
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryh View Post
      I will re-check my figures and if I am wrong....it won't be the first time. I will get back to you

By the way: this opinion is not an expression of how i want the Broncos to lose. Far from it....I want them to win and win big. However, our experience when John retired might indicate that we are in for a rough patch when Peyton goes.
      History doesn't always repeat itself. Brian Griese and Brock Osweiler are two completely different QB's both with different skill sets. There's an old saying that goes "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". There's also a saying "you don't know what you've got until you've seen it in action". We don't know what we have in Os, but I'm willing to give the kid a chance before throwing him under the bus and calling him Brian Griese 2.0.

Did the Packers know who they had in Rodgers prior to Favre leaving? I'm sure none will tell you that they expected what they ended up getting out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
        History doesn't always repeat itself. Brian Griese and Brock Osweiler are two completely different QB's both with different skill sets. There's an old saying that goes "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". There's also a saying "you don't know what you've got until you've seen it in action". We don't know what we have in Os, but I'm willing to give the kid a chance before throwing him under the bus and calling him Brian Griese 2.0.

Did the Packers know who they had in Rodgers prior to Favre leaving? I'm sure none will tell you that they expected what they ended up getting out of him.
        Another Joni Mitchell song. She must be channeling her inner Broncos today. First The Circle Game and now "you don't know what you've got til it's gone. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I sometimes think in song lyrics.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post

Great points! Favre/Rodgers, Montana/Young, Manning/Luck, even Brees/Rivers to a lesser extent. Finding an immediate replacement that is equally competent might not be the most likely scenario, but it is not unheard of.

As for Griese 2.0
          ... I would be beyond thrilled if Osweiler turned into Plummer 2.0
          In terms of playing style and athletic ability I see him as a cross between Plummer and Flacco. I'm optimistic his skills will translate to the field, but the only way to know for sure is to get him some real playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Great points! Favre/Rodgers, Montana/Young, Manning/Luck, even Brees/Rivers to a lesser extent. Finding an immediate replacement that is equally competent might not be the most likely scenario, but it is not unheard of.

As for Griese 2.0
            ... I would be beyond thrilled if Osweiler turned into Plummer 2.0
            In terms of playing style and athletic ability I see him as a cross between Plummer and Flacco. I'm optimistic his skills will translate to the field, but the only way to know for sure is to get him some real playing time.
            I don't know whether Os will turn into Griese 2.0 or he will be the second coming of Rodgers. All I am suggesting is that the chances of him being Griese 2.0 are far greater than him turning out to be Luck/Rodgers/Young or Rivers. The reason I say that is, the four players you mention are all exceptional and every one knew they were going to be successful. I have not heard anyone refer to Os as exceptional.
            Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryh View Post
              I don't know whether Os will turn into Griese 2.0 or he will be the second coming of Rodgers. All I am suggesting is that the chances of him being Griese 2.0 are far greater than him turning out to be Luck/Rodgers/Young or Rivers. The reason I say that is, the four players you mention are all exceptional and every one knew they were going to be successful. I have not heard anyone refer to Os as exceptional.
              While I agree that it is highly unlikely Osweiler will immediately turn into a pro bowl/hall of fame caliber player, I think your opinion of the above mentioned players is a little off.

With the exception of Luck, none of the others were sure things prior to them getting their chance to start. Young was an absolute bust in Tampa bay and backed up Montana for several years, Rodgers was an unknown and would have sat on the bench had Favre realized he wanted to keep playing before he "retired", and Rivers looked like absolute garbage when he filled in for an injured Drew Brees against Denver. All three teams took significant risks in transitioning to the younger players.

Comment

• I would be happy with Griese 2.0 for rookie minimum. Until hurting his shoulder he was posting a QB rating of 102.9%, 19 TD 4 int. Griese was Andy Dalton before Andy Dalton.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  I would be happy with Griese 2.0 for rookie minimum. Until hurting his shoulder he was posting a QB rating of 102.9%, 19 TD 4 int. Griese was Andy Dalton before Andy Dalton.
                  whoa, whoa, whoa, I realize Brian Griese wasn't the most popular Broncos QB but lets not slander him by comparing him to the worst full time starting QB in the NFL. The next time Dalton shows accuracy on a pass 15+ yards down the field will be the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    whoa, whoa, whoa, I realize Brian Griese wasn't the most popular Broncos QB but lets not slander him by comparing him to the worst full time starting QB in the NFL. The next time Dalton shows accuracy on a pass 15+ yards down the field will be the first time.
                    lol, ya funny and true
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Think that Peyton is willing to give up some of his salary. In order to stay with the team. He has plenty of money!
                      Ready for October Falls

Comment

Working...
                      X