Rahim Moore Expected to Walk...Thank Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He more so has a cult group of negativity. Then there are those that actually watch the games and understand what they're seeing. I am one of those few, and we defend him for what he is; an above average young player. One who has had many more positive plays than negative, and more above average seasons than below average. A player who has obviously improved every year he's spent in the league.

Now that's not to say everyone who is against him is uneducated, they may just be too emotionally influenced by the Baltimore game.
    I do not blame him for the Baltimore play. To me, he always seems lost, out of position and I always seem to notice the back of his jersey running towards the play. He was drafted at 45 in the 2nd round in 2011-- yet the Broncos seem to be letting him walk.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      While I agree he hasn't been the best here, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to see him walk after he handed the Ravens a SB berth, I think that if he's coached up, he's serviceable.

But in truth, I'd rather seen Bruton get his shot.
      Yeah me too man

Bruton had a decent interview on The Sports Show with woody and that other dude.

Bruton wants it. You could hear it in his voice. He's got great length, superior speed.... he and the hosts claimed that he had trouble getting a fair shot at Safety because he was SO good at Special Teams...... usually it's exactly the opposite. Dude doesn't play ST because he's too critical as a starter.

Hopefully Wade Phillips give him the shot he deserves. Is Quenton Carter still with us?
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        My best memory of Moore is the back of his jersey running to catch up to the play. Worst FS I have ever seen-- yet for some reason he has a cult following like a bad movie.
        Tony Lilly circa 1987-88, hands down THE worst safety to don a Bronco uniform.

Comment

If Moore is so bad, then how bad is the rest of the defense when he forced 6 turnovers and was the most on our defense? He had a career year, and he's going to get a good sized contract. His run defense took a step back this year, but that happens when you're trying to come back from an injury. Moore is a tremendous worker and continues to improve because of it. If we are letting him walk it's because we are probably going to go after mccourty

Comment

The good news just keep on coming. Cya!
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              Eh. He's one of the best FS in the league. Only Thomas and McCourty are definitively better.

Manning lost us that Ravens game much more so than Moore did FYI, his play was much worse than Moore's, throwing two picks including the one that set the Ravens up for the game winner.

Bruton is terrible. Very stiff and poor instincts. He plays like he was supposed to be a lineman but he's 60lbs too small.
              FYI no Moore lost us that game. Manning scored the go ahead TD and left the Ravens with only seconds to go. He shuoulda had the W. Then Moore makes the most boneheaded play I've ever seen to let them back in the game and give them momentum. Its unreal that he did that. I still have hard time with it. That is a play that is taught from school days on up and he screws it up and hands them a TD with seconds left. Moore cost us that game more than anyone period all it takes is a lil common sense to see that.

Manning and the broncos had the W in their pocket and then "the pick pocket" stole it away in one play
              Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-17-2015, 09:45 AM.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I don't by any means think "the dream" is the worst. He has played very well for us at times. But he has also made some real bone headed plays too and his run game has gone down hill this season. I can't tell you how many times I watched him in position to make a play and then miss the tackle. Injury was not the issue for most of those cause he didn't have to get into position, he was already there, all he had to do was make the tackle. He's been in the league too long imo for those type of mistakes to happen to often. For that reason I will be okay if he walks. I do wish him well though either way and you can see he is giving what he has out there and I thank him for that.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Moore was better this season compared to last. He does play safe, which allows us to prevent the big play from happening against us. He's serviceable, but I think he gets wayyyy too much hype around here from some people.

Comment

Rahim makes plays to be fair. He also misses more plays.

Every year imo he gets a little bit better. Will he keep getting better or should we look for better.

Let him test the free agent waters. If every team feels like posters on this board then we can probably sign Rahim to a low value one year contract to compete under the teachings of a new coaching staff and be able to add who ever else we want. If this can not happen I am 100% ok with moving on with a different direction.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I like the combo of Moore and Ward at safety. It has been a very, very long time since we have had stability at both spots. As long as we don't have to overpay to keep him I hope he stays in Denver. That being said, I do like the idea of Webster at free safety. But he needs to earn it and will undoubtedly face competition for the spot in some form.

Comment

Moore does give effort and you can tell he cares a lot which I do love to see but to me it's just things the guy cannot do from a physical standpoint....he's a lightweight safety that has no speed, that's a big issue for me...did you see how much of an angle he had on Jeremy Hill on Hill's long run, Hill ran by him like Moore was a DT, it was embarrassing how slow Moore looked there, he honestly has a bad speed problem for an FS...that's why he's always so damn deep.

Comment

He will probably trip and fall!

Comment

Bottom line I say let Moore go and let's get somebody better whether its Webster or Bruton or a free agent or draft pick it's time to move on and try to improve the talent level at that position

Comment

Unfortunately for Rahim Moore, "The Dream" will always remembered for "The Nightmare" in Denver.

I'm not sad to see him walk, however I do think he will be serviceable somewhere else for his career.
                              The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Comment

Brandon Bostick wishes he played for the Broncos. Raheem got a chance even after his mistake, Bostick is released already...
                                sigpic
                                The Bronco fan pledge;
                                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Working...
                                X