Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos' Chris Harris Jr. tops Richard Sherman to rank No. 1 in PFF's coverage rankin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Did he slim down? He still looks pretty damn built for a CB
    I seem to remember several reports coming out about week 4 after he was off to a great start. Saying he had dropped to about 185 to take pressure off his healing leg. If I remember correctly he said in one of the interviews after practice he was about 188 at the time (oddly specific.) Gave the same reasoning. Put less stress on the leg. Seemed to work out pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    He played between 185 and 190 this year as opposed to 200. And he did look faster. If he loses 15 more pounds he probably just loses all his strength. Some guys just aren't burners.
    Did he slim down? He still looks pretty damn built for a CB

And yes Harris was great but you can always improve...he was beat deep a few times last year and QB just missed so just saying, I'd like to see him a tad faster but also, yes...I am nit-picking...he played awesome as he has every year for us

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Man, I'm so proud to have a guy like that play in our uniform. I don't care if he's the best at his position (though it helps lol), he plays his heart out and that's all I ask for.

A Mile High to Chris Harris.

Leave a comment:

• syndicate383
    replied
    I need a current Bronco jersey and his will probably be my next. Have a Elway, Davis, and Champ.

Leave a comment:

• maggnus
    replied

#NoFlyZone

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    There's really nothing wrong with the way he played last season, not sure why you'd want to change a good thing.
    Exactly what I was saying.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    He played between 185 and 190 this year as opposed to 200. And he did look faster. If he loses 15 more pounds he probably just loses all his strength. Some guys just aren't burners.
    There's really nothing wrong with the way he played last season, not sure why you'd want to change a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Chris Harris is amazing...not the most athletic CB which I tend to covet but the guy has amazingg instincts and is fantastic in press coverage and inside which is so damn difficult

Ideally I'd like to see him drop 10-15 lbs and get a tad faster but he's obviously already a special talent...and what a great contract extension by Elway

All good on this one

Leave a comment:

• darklord
    replied
    I really like Harris a lot and think Elway did a great job of resigning him we got a great deal on a great corner who is in the prime of his career

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Read the sticky at the top of News Wire (which is where articles go).

"Perhaps the most impressive stat above is Harris's allowed quarterback rating. QBs throwing against Harris posted an average rating of 47.8 in 2014."

That is impressive.
    That is impressive, love me some CHJ

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/2...k-no-1-in-pffs

That 5 year, 42 million extension he signed with Denver is looking pretty damn good now.
    Oh it looks real good! CHJ made his mark in the slot, so the way I view his contract, we made him the highest paid SCB in the league. The icing on the cake is his ability to play on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Read the sticky at the top of News Wire (which is where articles go).

"Perhaps the most impressive stat above is Harris's allowed quarterback rating. QBs throwing against Harris posted an average rating of 47.8 in 2014."

That is impressive.
    Oops.

And it is impressive. So is giving up 66 yards less than Sherman in 71 more snaps.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Chris Harris is amazing...not the most athletic CB which I tend to covet but the guy has amazingg instincts and is fantastic in press coverage and inside which is so damn difficult

Ideally I'd like to see him drop 10-15 lbs and get a tad faster but he's obviously already a special talent...and what a great contract extension by Elway

All good on this one

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    People do not always mention the injury he came back from...imo 2015 Harris will have a better year.

I still remember the kid playing the 3rd CB a couple years ago making plays and proving he can be relied upon.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/2...k-no-1-in-pffs

That 5 year, 42 million extension he signed with Denver is looking pretty damn good now.
    Football execs knew the kind of year Harris was having and one guy said we were getting a great deal. That the kind of hometown discount Harris gave us was unherd of.

Thing is the guy is still making big bucks and now we can try and keep some pass rushers on the team to make sure his job does not get harder.
    Last edited by Hadez; 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Yeah I saw it, was pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X