Knighton Frustrated w/ Broncos Lack of Interest. Still Wants To Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knighton Frustrated w/ Broncos Lack of Interest. Still Wants To Stay

Terrance Knighton is preparing to hit free agency when the market officially opens in March. The Broncos defensive tackle would like to stay put in Denver.

"I think I've made it very clear to them [Denver management] that I want to be a Bronco," Knighton told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Wednesday.

Knighton, a team captain this past season for the Broncos, was a key voice in the locker room and a key part of the team's defense, especially on early downs.

He said he would be willing to take "somewhat of a hometown discount" but that he also wants to feel he is receiving fair market value for his position. He said the interest in him remaining put doesn't appear to be mutual at this point.

"To be quite honest with you, it's frustrating and it's somewhat disrespectful just knowing how important I was to the team and what the defense could've been without somebody like me," he said. "It's almost like, the longer they wait, the worse it is going to be."

"There's been a lot of talk about me going to Oakland because of coach [Jack] Del Rio," Knighton said. "He and I have a great relationship. I know his defense. I know exactly how he wants his nose tackles to play and I am a very loyal person. He stuck with me ... and he is a big part of me being in Denver. So if things don't work out, he is definitely the first person I would like to talk to."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...denver-broncos
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Just give him the contract already, jesus.

If we end up paying a turd like JT over Knighton I'm going to be pissed.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
      Just give him the contract already, jesus.

If we end up paying a turd like JT over Knighton I'm going to be pissed.
      Lol you say that like there's any chance of that happening.

Either way, Knighton has already stated he would rather be a raider, so IMO that is where both he and julius are headed.

Comment

Knighton said he would follow Del Rio right after he was hired as head coach. Then his agent probably freaked out and Knighton deleted the tweet. I say go to Oakland and enjoy winning 3-5 games, it will feel just like Jacksonville. We don't need a NT like him for a 1-gap scheme. Good player, but there are other DTs out there, cheaper DTs just like Knighton himself when we signed him.
        Last edited by -Rod-; 02-19-2015, 09:07 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
          Lol you say that like there's any chance of that happening.

Either way, Knighton has already stated he would rather be a raider, so IMO that is where both he and julius are headed.
          There is a chance. Lets look at facts here. Broncos haven't reached out to Knighton but has been negotiating with JT for months. Elway clearly wants him over TK.

Here's what he said; "he wants to be wherever Jack (Del Rio) is" (quote), most likely because nothing was ever given to him and he trusts Del Rio (drafted in Jacksonville). Now comes the good part. He also said he wants to be a Bronco.

That's good enough for me. He's been an absolute stud for us.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I'd like to keep big T Knight
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

There is a chance. Lets look at facts here. Broncos haven't reached out to Knighton but has been negotiating with JT for months. Elway clearly wants him over TK.

Here's what he said; "he wants to be wherever Jack (Del Rio) is" (quote), most likely because nothing was ever given to him and he trusts Del Rio (drafted in Jacksonville). Now comes the good part. He also said he wants to be a Bronco.

That's good enough for me. He's been an absolute stud for us.
              The Broncos haven't negotiated with JT since the preseason from what I've heard.

My guess would be that they are waiting to see what Peyton does before they start making other offers because they still want to revamp the oline. I would guess that Elway told Manning that he only wants him back if he restructures, and that's what's taking Peyton so long. They're probably also trying to get things straightened out with the completely new coaching staff and getting everyone on the same page.

If I was Knighton, I would just be patient. I read something yesterday that said Denver is planning on meeting with DT, Knighton, Franklin, Moore and someone else as soon as FA opens. Maybe he's just putting those rumors out there that we're not interested to lessen the blow for the fans if he does decide to go to Oakland.

Who knows right now, this offseason is going to be very interesting.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                The Broncos haven't negotiated with JT since the preseason from what I've heard.

My guess would be that they are waiting to see what Peyton does before they start making other offers because they still want to revamp the oline. I would guess that Elway told Manning that he only wants him back if he restructures, and that's what's taking Peyton so long. They're probably also trying to get things straightened out with the completely new coaching staff and getting everyone on the same page.

If I was Knighton, I would just be patient. I read something yesterday that said Denver is planning on meeting with DT, Knighton, Franklin, Moore and someone else as soon as FA opens. Maybe he's just putting those rumors out there that we're not interested to lessen the blow for the fans if he does decide to go to Oakland.

Who knows right now, this offseason is going to be very interesting.
                Sorry, I should have been more clear.

What I meant was, the Broncos have been in talks with his agent for months over all, not necessarily the last few months. That tells me we're interested, obviously. His greediness and the recent comments by his dad may have been the final nail in the coffin but lets make no mistake here, the Broncos wanted Julius over Knighton.

Rahim is another guy I wouldn't mind losing to FA.
                Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

What I meant was, the Broncos have been in talks with his agent for months over all, not necessarily the last few months. That tells me we're interested, obviously. His greediness and the recent comments by his dad may have been the final nail in the coffin but lets make no mistake here, the Broncos wanted Julius over Knighton.

I think they may have been more frustrated with Knighton saying he deserves to be paid after last season than anything, then he said he'll honor his contract.

Just saw this:
                  http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-played/32667/

The gamesmanship begins. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Oakland if we don't offer him something he likes. He's said he wants to be a Bronco and that he'll also go to wherever Del Rio goes as a HC, so he'll either be here or in Denver next season. Seems like the Broncos may have an eye on somebody (Wade specifically) to be their nose tackle.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-thomas-agent

well if that was the case, it doesn't seem to be now
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                      I think they may have been more frustrated with Knighton saying he deserves to be paid after last season than anything, then he said he'll honor his contract.

Just saw this:
                      http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-played/32667/

The gamesmanship begins. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Oakland if we don't offer him something he likes. He's said he wants to be a Bronco and that he'll also go to wherever Del Rio goes as a HC, so he'll either be here or in Denver next season. Seems like the Broncos may have an eye on somebody (Wade specifically) to be their nose tackle.
                      It wouldn't surprise me either housh and hey man, I can live with him leaving for more money. I just don't want to see us paying JT over Knighton. That's something I'd have a gripe with.

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-thomas-agent

well if that was the case, it doesn't seem to be now
                      I just read it like 2 minutes ago. That's promising news!
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

He's still a must keep.
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

One wonders what the order of priority is: Demaryius Thomas, Orlando Franklin, Terrance Knighton, Rahim Moore, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, etc.???

One may wonder how Kubiak, Dennison, Pariani et al. feel about JT's lack of blocking. Kubiak has said he wants a true Fullback, so blocking effectiveness is a priority for him. It also sounds like two back formations. Maybe Franklin and Knighton are more important to Elway than JT?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            One wonders what the order of priority is: Demaryius Thomas, Orlando Franklin, Terrance Knighton, Rahim Moore, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, etc.???

One may wonder how Kubiak, Dennison, Pariani et al. feel about JT's lack of blocking. Kubiak has said he wants a true Fullback, so blocking effectiveness is a priority for him. It also sounds like two back formations. Maybe Franklin and Knighton are more important to Elway than JT?
                            Per the Denver Post, the Broncos will meet this week with agents for Terrance Knighton, Demaryius Thomas, Orlando Franklin and Rahim Moore but not Julius Thomas. Once JT turned down that 8 million/year contract, he was gone. Its all about the money with him.

Comment

Perhaps they are trying to work out a fair contract with manning in order to make a fair market value to Knighton. He knows this and his comment are very unprofessional. I like him but if it doesn't work they need to give big Vick a call or Jared Odrick.

Comment

Working...
                              X