Knighton Frustrated w/ Broncos Lack of Interest. Still Wants To Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Legwold at the combine:

5. On the nose: Kubiak said the Broncos would like to retain as many of their pending unrestricted free agents as possible, including defensive tackle Terrance Knighton. Knighton would be one of the best fits to be the nose tackle in Wade Phillips’ 3-4 defense, but Kubiak said the Broncos could adjust to the personnel they have. “Wade has played with both, Wade has had the huge guy [at nose tackle] and … Wade has played with the small guy – Earl Mitchell in Houston.’’ Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson are expected to move smoothly into the two defensive end spots in the three-man front, and Kubiak said he liked the potential of both players.
    Seems like they want him, just might not have communicated it with him yet.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      From Legwold at the combine:

Seems like they want him, just might not have communicated it with him yet.
      I think they are waiting to see what happens with mannings restructure assuming that is actually taking place. But I don't see why they wait so long, their guys want to stay, get em inked ASAP.

Comment

My guess is the Broncos will resign Knighton. He was a major contributor and locker room leader on the defense the last couple of years.
        We are going with Plan A

Comment

He should be number one priority after DT but DT will the franchise tag so they could immediately start negotiation with TK once they have a better idea about the current cap situation after it's all final with manning.

Comment

I like Knighton but how much do you pay a player that is only on the field mainly on running plays? Also how much do you pay a player that has had a problem with his weight and not been able to keep to the weight the Broncos wanted him to play at?

I know some of the better DT make big bucks and I am not sure how much we can afford to pay a player that can't stay in shape and only plays half the defensive snaps.

What he thinks he is worth and what the Broncos think he is worth may be far apart.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by broncosdivision View Post
              just give him the contract already, jesus.

If we end up paying a turd like jt over knighton i'm going to be pissed.
              im with you on that!!!!!! Imo he is a must sign.
              sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
              Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
              PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

First the good news. During the NFL scouting combine this week, the Broncos plan to meet with the agents of Terrance Knighton, Demaryius Thomas, Orlando Franklin and Rahim Moore, all impending free agents. While Knighton said Wednesday that he's been "frustrated" with the lack of communication with the Broncos so far, this development would suggest Knighton speaking out about those frustrations may have been premature.
                Meanwhile, Jack Del Rio toes the line of tampering with his comments about Pot Roast.

"We drafted him, we thought at that time he was kind of a dancing bear type," Del Rio said Wednesday at the NFL's scouting combine. "A big powerful man that could stay on his feet and run down the line. So, you know, this game is about big, powerful men so the guys that have the skill level can do their things. This big powerful man played well in Jacksonville, we got back together, he played well in Denver and so I appreciate that and I respect. We have to have those kinds of people in our trenches in the offensive and defensive line in order to play the kind of football we expect to play."
                http://www.milehighreport.com/horse_...rance-knighton

Comment

I think patience is needed

Maybe Pot Roast should do what we fans are doing and watch coaches pressers. They are all saying the same thing...they are still in the beginning stages of putting the team together and evaulating players.

Would not be surprised if anyone but PM has been contacted. Really imo only reason he has been contacted is because whatever goes on there will drastically effect what else we are doing.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Am I missing something? Why is Sandy Cluff and Scott Hastings saying that Michael Schofield could be a possible replacement for Terrance Knighton?

He's an offensive linemen who I hear Gary Kubiak is very high on!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                      Am I missing something? Why is Sandy Cluff and Scott Hastings saying that Michael Schofield could be a possible replacement for Terrance Knighton?

He's an offensive linemen who I hear Gary Kubiak is very high on!
                      Because they're idiots.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        Because they're idiots.
                        Let Sandy or Scott drive. They're too drunk to roll the joints.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I read an article where Elway is looking at Sylvester Williams to step up.
                          S. Williams seems to be a cheaper option at NT.

After reading the article, I would not be surprised if T Knighton
                          is not re-signed.

http://http://blogs.denverpost.com/b...tential/32706/

Comment

When the GM lets the player test the market to determine the value, he is basically saying "you can go".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                              I like Knighton but how much do you pay a player that is only on the field mainly on running plays? Also how much do you pay a player that has had a problem with his weight and not been able to keep to the weight the Broncos wanted him to play at?

I know some of the better DT make big bucks and I am not sure how much we can afford to pay a player that can't stay in shape and only plays half the defensive snaps.

What he thinks he is worth and what the Broncos think he is worth may be far apart.
                              Knighton can rush the passer though, he was rarely asked to do so. When it comes to his hands , he is great at using them to get off blocks and he's very quick. I haven't read much about his weight other than a few rumors of him being 350 lbs. to me he's looked the same since he's been here. Hasn't really effected his play yet so I'm not worried

Comment

JT is as good as gone, Rahim probably is too, as well as Welker.

Kubes doesnt run alot of 3-4 wide sets, so between DT, Sanders, Cody, Norwood and whoever, that should be fine.

Supposedly Knighton might want 7.5 a year, big TK fan but thats a bit much for essentially a 2-down player.

I'd still make an effort to keep him, there really isnt anything to replace him. Sly has shown nothing of that.
                                Last edited by ERoyal248; 02-21-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X