Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qbronco
    replied
    Based on his past history. I have a lot of confidence in Bill Kollar, our new D-line coach.

I think he can help the linemen currently on out roster be better. I will wager he will have a weighty opinion on any free agents we are looking at including Knighton.

Even though we were pretty solid last season, I am looking for improvement in this area of our team based on better coaching.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I remember Elway and Xanders were very high on Nick Fairley back in 2011. It was even reported we thought about trading up to get him. Maybe he is our next project. When we signed Knighton, he had been benched in Jacksonville and was considered an underachiever. His value was so low we got fim for 2 years, $4.5 million. Fairley is in a similar situation, as he has failed to live up to his monster performance in college and 1st-round status. Plus, we just had another successful gamble on Marvin Austin, another talented DT that was almost out of the NFL. If Fairley can stay motivated and control his weight (similar issues that Knighton faced), he can be make a difference as a 1-gap shooter playing for Wade Phillips.
    Fairley is a good buy low guy but he wont cost as cheap as Knighton did then.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Knighton can rush the passer though, he was rarely asked to do so. When it comes to his hands , he is great at using them to get off blocks and he's very quick. I haven't read much about his weight other than a few rumors of him being 350 lbs. to me he's looked the same since he's been here. Hasn't really effected his play yet so I'm not worried
    Since coming to Denver Knighton has been fined (or missed escalators in his contract) more than 300k for being overweight. Thats according to Denver ESPN radio host Cecil Lammey anyway.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    JT is as good as gone, Rahim probably is too, as well as Welker.

Kubes doesnt run alot of 3-4 wide sets, so between DT, Sanders, Cody, Norwood and whoever, that should be fine.

Supposedly Knighton might want 7.5 a year, big TK fan but thats a bit much for essentially a 2-down player.

I'd still make an effort to keep him, there really isnt anything to replace him. Sly has shown nothing of that.
    7.5 is definitely too high and far from a hometown discount. I would give him a contract that is worth 5.5 million in yearly guarantees with some weight related incentives that could bump it up another million.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I remember Elway and Xanders were very high on Nick Fairley back in 2011. It was even reported we thought about trading up to get him. Maybe he is our next project. When we signed Knighton, he had been benched in Jacksonville and was considered an underachiever. His value was so low we got fim for 2 years, $4.5 million. Fairley is in a similar situation, as he has failed to live up to his monster performance in college and 1st-round status. Plus, we just had another successful gamble on Marvin Austin, another talented DT that was almost out of the NFL. If Fairley can stay motivated and control his weight (similar issues that Knighton faced), he can be make a difference as a 1-gap shooter playing for Wade Phillips.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    JT is as good as gone, Rahim probably is too, as well as Welker.

Kubes doesnt run alot of 3-4 wide sets, so between DT, Sanders, Cody, Norwood and whoever, that should be fine.

Supposedly Knighton might want 7.5 a year, big TK fan but thats a bit much for essentially a 2-down player.

I'd still make an effort to keep him, there really isnt anything to replace him. Sly has shown nothing of that.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 02-21-2015, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I like Knighton but how much do you pay a player that is only on the field mainly on running plays? Also how much do you pay a player that has had a problem with his weight and not been able to keep to the weight the Broncos wanted him to play at?

I know some of the better DT make big bucks and I am not sure how much we can afford to pay a player that can't stay in shape and only plays half the defensive snaps.

What he thinks he is worth and what the Broncos think he is worth may be far apart.
    Knighton can rush the passer though, he was rarely asked to do so. When it comes to his hands , he is great at using them to get off blocks and he's very quick. I haven't read much about his weight other than a few rumors of him being 350 lbs. to me he's looked the same since he's been here. Hasn't really effected his play yet so I'm not worried

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    When the GM lets the player test the market to determine the value, he is basically saying "you can go".

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    I read an article where Elway is looking at Sylvester Williams to step up.
    S. Williams seems to be a cheaper option at NT.

After reading the article, I would not be surprised if T Knighton
    is not re-signed.

http://http://blogs.denverpost.com/b...tential/32706/

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Because they're idiots.
    Let Sandy or Scott drive. They're too drunk to roll the joints.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
    Am I missing something? Why is Sandy Cluff and Scott Hastings saying that Michael Schofield could be a possible replacement for Terrance Knighton?

He's an offensive linemen who I hear Gary Kubiak is very high on!
    Because they're idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Am I missing something? Why is Sandy Cluff and Scott Hastings saying that Michael Schofield could be a possible replacement for Terrance Knighton?

He's an offensive linemen who I hear Gary Kubiak is very high on!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I think patience is needed

Maybe Pot Roast should do what we fans are doing and watch coaches pressers. They are all saying the same thing...they are still in the beginning stages of putting the team together and evaulating players.

Would not be surprised if anyone but PM has been contacted. Really imo only reason he has been contacted is because whatever goes on there will drastically effect what else we are doing.

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    First the good news. During the NFL scouting combine this week, the Broncos plan to meet with the agents of Terrance Knighton, Demaryius Thomas, Orlando Franklin and Rahim Moore, all impending free agents. While Knighton said Wednesday that he's been "frustrated" with the lack of communication with the Broncos so far, this development would suggest Knighton speaking out about those frustrations may have been premature.
    Meanwhile, Jack Del Rio toes the line of tampering with his comments about Pot Roast.

"We drafted him, we thought at that time he was kind of a dancing bear type," Del Rio said Wednesday at the NFL's scouting combine. "A big powerful man that could stay on his feet and run down the line. So, you know, this game is about big, powerful men so the guys that have the skill level can do their things. This big powerful man played well in Jacksonville, we got back together, he played well in Denver and so I appreciate that and I respect. We have to have those kinds of people in our trenches in the offensive and defensive line in order to play the kind of football we expect to play."
    http://www.milehighreport.com/horse_...rance-knighton

Leave a comment:

• Assassin27
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosdivision View Post
    just give him the contract already, jesus.

If we end up paying a turd like jt over knighton i'm going to be pissed.
    im with you on that!!!!!! Imo he is a must sign.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    I like Knighton but how much do you pay a player that is only on the field mainly on running plays? Also how much do you pay a player that has had a problem with his weight and not been able to keep to the weight the Broncos wanted him to play at?

I know some of the better DT make big bucks and I am not sure how much we can afford to pay a player that can't stay in shape and only plays half the defensive snaps.

What he thinks he is worth and what the Broncos think he is worth may be far apart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X