No announcement yet.

Kubiak Wants A Fullback In Our Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with many people....Thompson will be converted. We may bring someone in to compete but Thompson is just too talented. Only way he does not have the job is if we are able to sign an elite FB. Then I hope we trade Thompson because if we release him you can bet he will not clear waivers.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Im on the sign Casey train
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I agree with many people....Thompson will be converted. We may bring someone in to compete but Thompson is just too talented. Only way he does not have the job is if we are able to sign an elite FB. Then I hope we trade Thompson because if we release him you can bet he will not clear waivers.
        Or just keep him. If we only keep 3 running backs I hope it's Anderson, Ball and Thompson.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          Or just keep him. If we only keep 3 running backs I hope it's Anderson, Ball and Thompson.
          If Kubiak plans to use two back formations often, then there must be depth at the FB position. That could be provided by an additional FB or a TE or a RB. In 2011 the only FB was injured which hampered the offense at NE. An extra FB can also provide depth at the TE position.

The Broncos have four RBs under contract. 2 QB + 4 RB + 2 FB + 3 TE + 5 WR + 9 OL = 25 is a possibility.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Kubiak should keep an eye on UNC junior Quinn Zamora. 6' 245lbs and blocks like Vonta Leach. Started as a freshman. Made All-Big Sky honorable mention as a freshman and soph. Loves to knock the crap out of LBs and hasn't dropped a ball in a game. Loves special teams too. His cousin Shaun Cody played NT for Kubiak for 4 years at Houston.

Comment

Henry Hynoski sounds like the best fit at FB with Thompson being capable at least to backup in case of injury. Hynoski's last contract paid 1M per year is all, very likely they could pick him up for less than 2M. James Casey was cut, was to make 4M in 2015, he was 3rd string behind Celek and 2nd year TE Zach Ertz ... Casey seems to be a cap casualty, 4M sounds too high to me too. If he is willing to take at least a 50% pay cut he might be a prospect ... 30 years old. Hynoski is built more like a FB and probably will be relatively cheap ... 26 years old.

The top paid base salary for FB's in 2015 is Marcel Reece at 2.55M ... John Kuhn only got 855,00 for 2014. I would take Kuhn at 1M over Casey but I think Hynoski looks like the FB to fit in the Broncos needs and salary range.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                If Kubiak plans to use two back formations often, then there must be depth at the FB position. That could be provided by an additional FB or a TE or a RB. In 2011 the only FB was injured which hampered the offense at NE. An extra FB can also provide depth at the TE position.

The Broncos have four RBs under contract. 2 QB + 4 RB + 2 FB + 3 TE + 5 WR + 9 OL = 25 is a possibility.
                That would be alright with me. I would think we would keep 3 qb's in case of injury and old age, maybe 1 fb and use TE as a FB every now and then, with Thompson rotating in if he's not getting carries.

With this coaching staff I think we'll have one of the best run games in the league again. Anderson was pretty good last year:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...sive-rating-2/ and Ball was made to run in the ZBS.

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                Henry Hynoski sounds like the best fit at FB with Thompson being capable at least to backup in case of injury. Hynoski's last contract paid 1M per year is all, very likely they could pick him up for less than 2M. James Casey was cut, was to make 4M in 2015, he was 3rd string behind Celek and 2nd year TE Zach Ertz ... Casey seems to be a cap casualty, 4M sounds too high to me too. If he is willing to take at least a 50% pay cut he might be a prospect ... 30 years old. Hynoski is built more like a FB and probably will be relatively cheap ... 26 years old.

The top paid base salary for FB's in 2015 is Marcel Reece at 2.55M ... John Kuhn only got 855,00 for 2014. I would take Kuhn at 1M over Casey but I think Hynoski looks like the FB to fit in the Broncos needs and salary range.
                Someone will fit, luckily it doesnt cost too much for such an important position.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

You guys all seem to assume Juwan Thompson, a running back would just be totally happy converting to an FB....I would say Thompson converting is 95% likely to not happen

We'll add an FB...Hopefully it's a young crazy bull out of college

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    You guys all seem to assume Juwan Thompson, a running back would just be totally happy converting to an FB....I would say Thompson converting is 95% likely to not happen

Thompson was more than willing to convert to linebacker in college.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      Thompson was more than willing to convert to linebacker in college.
                      Didn't know that so obviously he'd be willing but I still don't see Kubiak wanting him at FB...could be wrong tho...I just want Manning and his huge contract gone

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Thank you. I could not agree more. Juwan will not be starting at FB next year. I'm a huge fan of Hynoski. He can do it all catch, block and special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
                          Thank you. I could not agree more. Juwan will not be starting at FB next year. I'm a huge fan of Hynoski. He can do it all catch, block and special teams.
                          I find is odd that anyone who actually pays attention to football thinks football players will not change position. Specially a player who has not established himself as a starter. I mean yea there is a Tebow or Champ here or there but for every one of those guys I think it is reasonable to say there is 100 who will make the change for the team. We may not see it as casual fans but if you watch practices and OTAs you see guys working at different positions all the time because they are willing to do whatever it takes to show they can be a valuable part of the team.

Mostly I attribute it to a majority of people not being able to understand what these kids have to go through just to keep a job.

shoot 3rd/4th string RB to starting FB would be considered an upgrade
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Let's see:

Option 1: watch from the sideline.

Option 2: get on the field and play some snaps at FB.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

I bet he is willing to be the kickoff tee retriever
                            just to get on the field.

I would. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                            X