Franklin and Knighton are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin and Knighton are out

Per @BrandonSpano Terrance Knighton and Orlando Franklin have confirmed they will not be coming back to the Denver Broncos.

I'm a little concerned about Knighton leaving
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Bummer, mostly for TK! Boo
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Would love to keep both at the right price, but undoubtedly there are teams out there who will offer more than we are willing (or able) to give.

When it comes to Broncos official news I trust Vic Lombardi and Adam Schefter above all else. When it comes to Broncos rumors it seems Cecil Lammey and Brandon Spano are on top of it these days. Unfortunately I trust this report report. Unless they are met with weaker than expected markets I have a hard time seeing either of them back in Denver next year.

Oh, and when it comes to disgruntled players and agents leaking information... Josina Anderson gets the inside scoop. Cant stand her reporting for a variety of reasons

Comment

Both TK and Franklin are probably gonna get in the 6-7/year range. Too much for us to pay out, unfortunately. However, the Franklin choice seems odd if the rumors about us going after Iupati are true, seems like they will be about the same price and Franklin is more versatile with his experience at RT.
        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Wish them well, but I think we can replace Franklin at LG and Phillips always seems to get good NT play.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
            Both TK and Franklin are probably gonna get in the 6-7/year range. Too much for us to pay out, unfortunately. However, the Franklin choice seems odd if the rumors about us going after Iupati are true, seems like they will be about the same price and Franklin is more versatile with his experience at RT.
            Versatility is nice, but eventually you need a couple guys who can excel at their jobs. When it comes to playing OG Iupati is superior IMO.

Comment

Franklin is a better pass blocker, but Iupati is a far superior run blocker. Given the direction our offense is heading Iupati could make more sense. Both are athletic of their size. If the money is close my guess is we go with the run game.

Comment

I dont mind Franklin as much but I dont get the Knighton thing. Unless he is truly Jack Del Rios little slave that just follows him around everywhere for his whole career. Does the Broncos FO not remember this rush defense before Del Rio and Knighton came in? We couldnt find a good Defensive Tackle to save our lives and got ran on up the middle 24/7. I guess we are going back to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  Franklin is a better pass blocker, but Iupati is a far superior run blocker. Given the direction our offense is heading Iupati could make more sense. Both are athletic of their size. If the money is close my guess is we go with the run game.
                  I see that. But with Manning under center wouldn't we be better off with the better pass blocker, especially on the interior? Even if we run the ball more that pressure up the middle is a huge deal. And it's not like Franklin is a bad run blocker.

Comment

I see that. But with Manning under center wouldn't we be better off with the better pass blocker, especially on the interior? Even if we run the ball more that pressure up the middle is a huge deal. And it's not like Franklin is a bad run blocker.
                    Depends how you look at it, one thing Manning knows is self-preservation. He has one of the quickest releases still. Iupati had Kap, who for some reason runs into sacks and has a long release. If the Iupati rumors bears fruit, IMO this shows they feel that Franklin was aided by Manning in that area.

Comment

Love me the Pot Raost. Wish he would stay. Liked Franklin too, mostly because he is Canadian and looks like he wants to eat someone...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        Depends how you look at it, one thing Manning knows is self-preservation. He has one of the quickest releases still. Iupati had Kap, who for some reason runs into sacks and has a long release. If the Iupati rumors bears fruit, IMO this shows they feel that Franklin was aided by Manning in that area.
                        Good point. Hadn't really thought about Kap's tendencies.

Comment

Well that's a bit of a bummer.

Both we're big contributors for us and Knighton was arguably one of the top interior defenders in the game for us over the last two years.

Both deserve nice pay days and I was hoping we could at least keep one, but they certainly should get good offers from other teams.

I wish them all the best if they do in fact leave via free agency.
                          A book I wrote

Comment

Franklin, JT, Knighton, Moore......Let's start hoarding Comp picks!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Bummer

This is the NFL tho

No way we were going to keep everyone

As much as we do not like certain guys I do not think some fans realize they are upgrades for most teams
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X