Franklin and Knighton are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Why have Kubiak 's offenses in Denver, Houston, and Baltimore been ranked so much higher than ours since we run the same zone blocking scheme?
    TD, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns, Arian Foster, & Justin Forsett.
    There may be a difference between plays that use zone steps and Alex Gibbs' Zone Series.

Vince Lombardi had a sweep using two pulling guards which is like any other sweep using two pulling guards. The difference is that Lombardi had about six plays that he used to attack adjustments to the sweep. That was Lombardi's Power Sweep Series. Power Sweep is kind of a misnomer because he used a lot of zone blocking which he called do-dad, or area blocking.

Other series-based rushing attacks in the NFL were the Single Wing, Chuck Noll's Trap Series, Joe Gibbs' Counter Series and Alex Gibbs' Zone Series.

In 2011 Mike McCoy ran more different kinds of run plays from more different formations than any team in one season at any level of which I am aware. His play calling, however, was somewhat grab bag. He had the opportunity to use a series-based rushing attack. There were glimpses of what could have been, such as the plays he ran from the tandem tackle unbalanced line formations, but it never fully materialized. That could have been because he was in the process of installing a new offense midseason.

I don't think Adam Gase appreciates how a rushing attack compliments a passing attack. I don't think he understands series-based rushing attacks, how to cultivate them and how to pair one with play action passing. I read of a high school coach who ran the Wing-T offense, but felt he needed a better passing attack to go with it. He added Coverdale and Robinson's Bunch Passing Attack and enjoyed great success. Adam Gase has a lot to learn, and I'm sure he will.

Another difference between what has been used recently in Denver and what Kubiak will install is the use of a Fullback in formations with 21 personnel. That provides more blocking schemes and is a subtle difference in the passing attack as well. Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison and Clancy Barone understand series-based rushing attacks because they learned the Zone Series from the man who invented it. It didn't hurt to have Arian Foster either.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      There may be a difference between plays that use zone steps and Alex Gibbs' Zone Series.

Vince Lombardi had a sweep using two pulling guards which is like any other sweep using two pulling guards. The difference is that Lombardi had about six plays that he used to attack adjustments to the sweep. That was Lombardi's Power Sweep Series. Power Sweep is kind of a misnomer because he used a lot of zone blocking which he called do-dad, or area blocking.

Other series-based rushing attacks in the NFL were the Single Wing, Chuck Noll's Trap Series, Joe Gibbs' Counter Series and Alex Gibbs' Zone Series.

In 2011 Mike McCoy ran more different kinds of run plays from more different formations than any team in one season at any level of which I am aware. His play calling, however, was somewhat grab bag. He had the opportunity to use a series-based rushing attack. There were glimpses of what could have been, such as the plays he ran from the tandem tackle unbalanced line formations, but it never fully materialized. That could have been because he was in the process of installing a new offense midseason.

I don't think Adam Gase appreciates how a rushing attack compliments a passing attack. I don't think he understands series-based rushing attacks, how to cultivate them and how to pair one with play action passing. I read of a high school coach who ran the Wing-T offense, but felt he needed a better passing attack to go with it. He added Coverdale and Robinson's Bunch Passing Attack and enjoyed great success. Adam Gase has a lot to learn, and I'm sure he will.

Another difference between what has been used recently in Denver and what Kubiak will install is the use of a Fullback in formations with 21 personnel. That provides more blocking schemes and is a subtle difference in the passing attack as well. Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison and Clancy Barone understand series-based rushing attacks because they learned the Zone Series from the man who invented it. It didn't hurt to have Arian Foster either.
      I'm really looking forward to having that dependable running game that forces defenses to bring 8 in the box and then Manning like Elway in his final seasons will have big plays open up off the play action.
      The fullback will be huge for us, a lead blocker and a an extra guy who can help pick up blitzes and slip out for easy check down passes.
      sigpic

Comment

• precisely.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Franklin is denying he is out; perhaps as a salvage move towards his reputation, but he could clearly get more money from a team interested him as a Tackle. If he does, good for him; if he does not, I hope to see him back in a Broncos uniform next season.
          sigpic

Comment

• Folks, this thread is in regards to Knighton and Franklin, not QBs of the past or about losing games, we have plenty of other threads on that topic.

sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Working...
            X