Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Tender 3 Exclusive Rights Free Agents

The broncos have tendered 3 Exclusive Free agents

Profootballtalk nbcsports.com /2015/03/06/broncos-tender-three-exclusive-rights-free-agents/

The Broncos have extended contract offers to three exclusive-rights free agents: linebacker Brandon Marshall, offensive tackle Paul Cornick and offensive guard Ben Garland. The club announced the tenders on Friday.

Marshall, 25, had a breakout season in 2014, notching 113 tackles in 14 games (13 starts). He projects to inside linebacker in Denver’s 3-4 scheme under new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

Cornick, 25, made six starts in 2014 — three at right tackle and three as an extra tight end. Overall, he played in 12 games.

Garland, 26, appeared in eight games as a reserve.

Teams have until Tuesday to tender contract offers to exclusive-rights free agents, players who have less than three years of service time.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    The broncos have tendered 3 Exclusive Free agents

Profootballtalk nbcsports.com /2015/03/06/broncos-tender-three-exclusive-rights-free-agents/

The Broncos have extended contract offers to three exclusive-rights free agents: linebacker Brandon Marshall, offensive tackle Paul Cornick and offensive guard Ben Garland. The club announced the tenders on Friday.

Marshall, 25, had a breakout season in 2014, notching 113 tackles in 14 games (13 starts). He projects to inside linebacker in Denver’s 3-4 scheme under new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

Cornick, 25, made six starts in 2014 — three at right tackle and three as an extra tight end. Overall, he played in 12 games.

Garland, 26, appeared in eight games as a reserve.

Teams have until Tuesday to tender contract offers to exclusive-rights free agents, players who have less than three years of service time.
    Does anyone know if Brandon Marshall is offered a contract by another team and we don't match it, what would we get in return?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Does anyone know if Brandon Marshall is offered a contract by another team and we don't match it, what would we get in return?
      No we have exclusive rights, so no one can offer him a contract.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        No we have exclusive rights, so no one can offer him a contract.
        Thank you, that's awesome to know. I didn't know the details of the exclusive rights and I was worried somebody might come in like Oakland and give him a ridiculous offer
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Thank you, that's awesome to know. I didn't know the details of the exclusive rights and I was worried somebody might come in like Oakland and give him a ridiculous offer
          ERFA - just the team can tender (gives them a raise or cut them loose)
          RFA - different tender/cost levels to dictate compensation should another team sign.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Good (and expected) news. I wonder if Garland will push for the left guard job?

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              I hope so, he has everything you want in a player, hard worker, good off the field history, loves our country, our team, and our community, but can he play?
              sigpic

Comment

Sweezy made the same transition in Seattle, no reason to think Garland can't do the same.
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

So if my notes are right with Brewer, Marshall, Garland, and Cornick accounted for...

The Broncos still have several ERFA's and RFA's they could choose to tender.

Steven Johnson - LB (RFA)
                  Austin Wuebbels - OG (RFA)
                  John Youboty - DE/LB (ERFA)
                  Tony Carter - CB (RFA)

Comment

So if my notes are right with Brewer, Marshall, Garland, and Cornick accounted for...

The Broncos still have several ERFA's and RFA's they could choose to tender.

Steven Johnson - LB (RFA)
                    Austin Wuebbels - OG (RFA)
                    John Youboty - DE/LB (ERFA)
                    Tony Carter - CB (RFA)
                    I wouldnt tender any of them.

Comment

Good moves.

I was worried Marshall might be a RFA, i could see plenty of teams try to poach him away even if for a 2nd rounder.

We were really lucky no one did that with Harris last season

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Good moves.

I was worried Marshall might be a RFA, i could see plenty of teams try to poach him away even if for a 2nd rounder.

We were really lucky no one did that with Harris last season
                        Well we can always match but yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                          Well we can always match but yeah...
                          I know but a team could of frontloaded the deal making it complicated to match.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I wouldnt tender any of them.
                            Agree for the most part. Johnson is solid on special teams and may be a better fit in the 3-4, but he is hardly irreplaceable. Not sure what Carter's tag would cost (seems like he has been a RFA his entire career), but if we do commit to moving Webster to FS I could see us giving Tony yet another shot.

Comment

Agree for the most part. Johnson is solid on special teams and may be a better fit in the 3-4, but he is hardly irreplaceable. Not sure what Carter's tag would cost (seems like he has been a RFA his entire career), but if we do commit to moving Webster to FS I could see us giving Tony yet another shot.
                              Both would cost around 1.5/1.6 mil, thats 3 mil off the cap and both are easily replaceable.

The Webster/FS thing is fair though but i think they'll sign a safety in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X