Broncos Tender 3 Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Both would cost around 1.5/1.6 mil, thats 3 mil off the cap and both are easily replaceable.

The Webster/FS thing is fair though but i think they'll sign a safety in free agency.
    Agreed. Odds are we could not tender them and still sign them later for cheaper.

As for Webster...

It is a weak safety draft and considering how successful Phillips and Kubiak were with moving Glover Quinn to free safety from corner I am curious to see what they could do with the more athletically gifted Webster.

Obviously can't just hand him the job, but it would be an interesting experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      So if my notes are right with Brewer, Marshall, Garland, and Cornick accounted for...

The Broncos still have several ERFA's and RFA's they could choose to tender.

Steven Johnson - LB (RFA)
      Austin Wuebbels - OG (RFA)
      John Youboty - DE/LB (ERFA)
      Tony Carter - CB (RFA)
      With Webster moving to FS I would tender Carter. He gives us great depth as a #4 cb. He excels in man coverage, he would have got more playing time last year if he was a better special teams player and didn't get called for so many penalties, he is just as physical as Richard Sherman but because he isn't on the field every play he stands out and gets calls.
      sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Odds are we could not tender them and still sign them later for cheaper.

As for Webster...

It is a weak safety draft and considering how successful Phillips and Kubiak were with moving Glover Quinn to free safety from corner I am curious to see what they could do with the more athletically gifted Webster.

Obviously can't just hand him the job, but it would be an interesting experiment.
        If he can work out at FS it would be huge for us. He is a solid tackler, good in man coverage which is something Rahim Moore looks lost at even when he is covering a slower footed TE, speaking of speed Webster can fly (4.4 speed) which is something you want as your last line of defense.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          I hope so, he has everything you want in a player, hard worker, good off the field history, loves our country, our team, and our community, but can he play?
          Absolutely! Even if just for depth. He's the type of guy you just love to root for. Great PR for the team and league as well.
          #swapping

Comment

As for Webster...

Yep, this is a weak market for safety.

Collins is the best in the draft, then it drops alot.

After McCourty if he hits FA, you have Moore and others blah options.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-will-become

Steven Johnson will not be tendered...

Broncos middle linebacker Steven Johnson, a top special teams player the past three seasons and a seven-game defensive starter to finish the 2014 season, has been notified by the club he will not be tendered a contract as a restricted free agent.

Johnson, thus, will be free to sign with any team as an unrestricted free agent when the NFL league season opens at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

It was the costly, $1.542 million minimum tender and the Broncos' switch to Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense that may have cost Johnson. The Broncos have not dismissed the possibility of re-signing Johnson at a lesser salary for the 2015 season but he will first have a chance to shop his services to other teams.

Comment

Glad we tendered the right Brandon Marshall and not the one who has McDonald's bags as their kryptonite.

sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

We should keep Steven Johnson, the rest can go. I think Johnson will be good in Phillips' 3-4 scheme with good coaching. No one looked good in Del Rio's 4-3 at MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                    We should keep Steven Johnson, the rest can go. I think Johnson will be good in Phillips' 3-4 scheme with good coaching. No one looked good in Del Rio's 4-3 at MLB.
                    They didn't tender him so he can look around. We might still re-sign him.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-will-become
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                      Glad we tendered the right Brandon Marshall and not the one who has McDonald's bags as their kryptonite.

Interesting that you show a picture of the Seattle game ... I look at that game as a demonstration that Marshall doesn't quite have the speed we ultimately need. Not that Marshall is slow, he isn't "slow" he just doesn't stand-out in that department. Mentally, Marshall did well overall the rest of the season and I think he gained a ... half step in reaction time but... I still think that we (and many other teams) need that LB that has great speed and size together to play at least a rotation at LB if our defense is going to be tops in allowing points scored. Ultimately I'm not convinced that Marshall is the "great", LB we will ultimately need. Certainly I want him in the mix next year for one of the ILB spots and I am glad we tendered him.
                      sigpic

Comment

I like that we secured Garland at OG, he did mostly backup LG last year, I paid attention to how he played in preseason... the last preseason game he played/started at LG and later in the game they played him at RG. He did well at his initial block and often got to the 2nd level to block as well, other "backups" were not doing as well, at that time. Garland has some great potential and I think he likely fits in a ZBS, looking forward to seeing if/how he progresses this season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cornick still has possibilities at RT( I think Clark does as well), he offers a strength at "power"/"blocking down" but is not great against speed rushers (Clark is) ... good to have in camp/preseason and see if he can be one of the 5.

sigpic

Comment

With Cornick and Garland Denver has eight of the fifteen OL they will take to TC. They were both on the PS for two years, I believe. Paradis and Schofield have a year with the team. They all played on the scout team against Denver's starting front. Kubiak retained six offensive coaches so they have a pretty good idea of who they have on that side of the ball.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Tony Carter - DB - Broncos
                              Broncos extended an original pick tender to restricted free agent CB Tony Carter.
                              A special teamer and little-used cornerback, Carter was tendered at the lowest possible amount. As these tenders do not include guaranteed money, Carter's 2015 whereabouts remain up in the air. Denver is deep at corner.

Looks like Tony Carter gets another shot at the roster. With Webster possibly moving to safety we can use his depth
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X