Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Tamme to the Falcons

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...me-tony-moeaki

Tamme, 30, had 86 receptions over a three-year run with the Denver Broncos. The pass-catching tight end caught just 14 passes for 109 yards and two touchdowns in 2014 as his playing time was usurped over the past two seasons by the younger, more athletic Julius Thomas.

The signing ends Tamme's career-long run of playing on a team with Peyton Manning -- seven seasons. The Broncos currently sit with Virgil Green and Owen Daniels atop their tight end depth chart.

Do we have any players left?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Well we will likely have 10 draft picks, plus multiple undrafted players.

Comment

He was horrible last year, no big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        He's never been more than average, ever, anyway.

Not someone I really ever wanted here, he was always wasting a roster spot just because he was in Peyton's little clique.

Comment

I agree. I couldn't care less.

(no offense to OP)

Comment

Tamme was here for the singular purpose of making Peyton Manning more comfortable his first year here. Tamme should have been gone after one season with the Broncos. And certainly after his 2nd season in Denver. And if we had any coach other than John Fox, Tamme would have been gone last year. Kubiak, making no effort to keep Tamme, proves that.

Whoever replaces Tamme will almost certainly have a higher ceiling, and more potential than Tamme's plodding/pedestrian talent. Keep in mind that Tamme had 14 receptions last season, and 20 the season before. Those numbers are easily replaceable. I assume the Broncos will grab a young Tight End at some point in the middle rounds of the Draft.

Comment

Hey, say what you want, but I like Tamme. Seems like a real team player.

Just because some players are leaving, and not really in our plan, I think it better to thank them for their service rather than to try to minimize their value.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                I agree. I couldn't care less.

(no offense to OP)
                Well I actually put that sad smiley by mistake but I did like Tamme as a player. Up until last season he was a sure hand and always came through. I wish him well.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Tamme played well for us, yep he had a drop off last season, but he also didn't play nearly as much. He made many plays for us including catches at crucial times to keep drives going. While I am glad we are moving forward with the team for the future, I'm not gonna forget a good player who played well for us, made plays and never complained. Thanks Tamme, you really helped us in a year of transistion for this team and you played well for us while being a good team mate. I appreciate all you gave to us and wish you well
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Tamme, wasn't playing TE often last year but he was on every single ST play and did very well. We will miss him more on Special Teams than anything else.

Thanks for the several good years and good luck in the future, unless you are playing the Broncos.
                    sigpic
                    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I thought he played an important part for the Broncos and I am happy he wanted to come to Denver, I read he was a important part of special teams last few years as well, I wish him the best unless we play against him.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Well I actually put that sad smiley by mistake but I did like Tamme as a player. Up until last season he was a sure hand and always came through. I wish him well.
                        Agreed. Wish him no ill will.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          Tamme, wasn't playing TE often last year but he was on every single ST play and did very well. We will miss him more on Special Teams than anything else.

Thanks for the several good years and good luck in the future, unless you are playing the Broncos.
                          Elway just signed Reggie Walker to help on special teams.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Agreed

In fact at times I felt PM was trying to force him the ball which resulted in wasted plays

Personally I feel we will be a better team with him gone because of the forcing / wasted plays.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

At least he played hard even while hurt. He had the right attitude. Unlike JT. I respected the effort. He was dealing with real injury.

There clearly was a drop-off in talent though once we got that far down the depth chart. Still respected the guy though.
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X