Broncos trade for gradkowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos trade for gradkowski

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/01/report-ravens-working-to-trade-gino-gradkowski-to-broncos/

Broncos just traded a fourth round pick in 2016 for Baltimore Ravens Ctr., Gino Gradkowski
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-01-2015, 01:27 PM.

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/01/report-ravens-working-to-trade-gino-gradkowski-to-broncos/

Broncos just traded a fourth round pick in 2016 for Baltimore Ravens Ctr., Gino Gradkowski
    I read where the Broncos get Gradkowsi and the Ravens' 2016 fifth round pick for their 2016 fourth round pick.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ltimore-ravens

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos acquired center Gino Gradkowski in a trade with the Baltimore Ravens, the teams announced Wednesday.

The move also includes undisclosed NFL draft considerations. A league source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the Ravens will get Denver's 2016 fourth-round pick in exchange for Gradkowski and Baltimore's 2016 fifth-round selection.

Gradkowski was the Ravens' starting center in 2013 but was the worst-graded player at that position by Pro Football Focus. The Ravens traded for Jeremy Zuttah last year, and Gradkowski was buried on the Ravens' offensive line depth chart. He played sparingly, appearing in just eight games.

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Rick Dennison obviously saw something they liked in Gradkowski, who did start 16 games for the Ravens in 2013. Kubiak was the Ravens' offensive coordinator last season, while Dennison was the team's quarterbacks coach.

Dennison, however, was the Broncos' offensive line coach during much of Mike Shanahan's tenure as head coach when Kubiak was the team's offensive coordinator.

The center job is open for the Broncos and the two top candidates on the depth chart before Wednesday's trade were Manny Ramirez, who was moved out of the center job nine games into the 2014 season, and Matt Paradis, who spent his entire rookie year in '14 on the team's practice squad.

The Broncos did sign guard/center Shelley Smith in free agency -- Smith had played for Kubiak with the Texans -- but Kubiak has said he wants to keep Smith at guard in the Broncos' offensive line rotation.

Gradkowski was a fourth-round draft pick by the Ravens in 2012 and will be in the final year of his rookie deal. Gradkowski is scheduled to count $1.663 million against the salary cap in 2015 with a $1.542 million base salary.

ESPN.com Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley contributed to this report.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I read where the Broncos get Gradkowsi and the Ravens' 2016 fifth round pick for their 2016 fourth round pick.
        I was going off the radio report and My link doesn't seem to work, But thanks for the update.

What do you think of this move how do you feel about Gradkowski?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
          I was going off the radio report and My link doesn't seem to work, But thanks for the update.

What do you think of this move how do you feel about Gradkowski?
          He will be in his fourth year, and will turn 27 in November. He started at Center for Baltimore in 2013. His acquisition may mean Ramirez will be released. IF so, that would make the Broncos two deep on the O-Line. They need to be three deep going into TC. It's a good move to get an experienced player at a position of need with very little cost involved.
          Last edited by samparnell; 04-01-2015, 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            He will be in his fourth year, and will turn 27 in November. He started at Center for Baltimore in 2013. His acquisition may mean Ramiez will be released. IF so, that would make the Broncos two deep on the O-Line. They need to be three deep going into TC. It's a good move to get an experienced player at a position of need with very little cost involved.
            I trust in Kubiak's ability to tool up an offensive line. I'm sure somewhere he see's value.

Comment

My only concern is this is Gradkowski's final year on the contract. If he luckily does very well for us his stock will skyrocket. Giving us another burden on the cap. Plus we'd be out a guard AGAIN if he doesn't re-sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                My only concern is this is Gradkowski's final year on the contract. If he luckily does very well for us his stock will skyrocket. Giving us another burden on the cap. Plus we'd be out a guard AGAIN if he doesn't re-sign.
                I feel you on this but because of the salary cap and players wanting major contracts it just doesn't hold up in today's NFL.

It's all about now. This year's window. With Manning coming back, the broncos are all in. Next year will be addressed after the season

Comment

He could just be a stop gap for a draft pick this year to give them type to develop I'm hoping for Grasu

Comment

I guess they think he's a reliable back up.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I doubt this move would affect draft decisions all that much. If we were going to take a center early this wouldn't affect that. Kubs is familiar with him and even though he struggled in Baltimore last season maybe he'll find his stride and be a quality contributor as a depth guy here. Plus moving from a 4th to a 5th next season isn't a high price to pay at all.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

Good depth move, gives us a guy who can play center or guard, and he is familiar with Kubiak's offense
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Good depth move, gives us a guy who can play center or guard, and he is familiar with Kubiak's offense
                          This makes me wonder if our front office believes
                          the OC/OG draft class is unworthy of a late R4 pick.
                          ...Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                            This makes me wonder if our front office believes
                            the OC/OG draft class is unworthy of a late R4 pick.
                            ...Hmm.
                            the picks are in next years draft, not this year
                            sigpic

Comment

He's just a body to compete with Manny Ramirez and push him to be better and if not then grad will take over...

Comment

Working...
                              X