Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maggnus View Post
    @rlopezwfaa
    The Dallas Police Department has suspended Aqib Talib's case. They say after talking to witnesses they don't have enough evidence to proceed

@MileHighReport
    #Broncos' Aqib Talib currently no longer under investigation, say Dallas police. http://sbnation.com/e/8208068?utm_ca...source=twitter
    Oh, but wait, I thought some around here determined he was a thug and guilty without trial?

Another example of why we need to wait for things to play out before jumping to conclusions.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Oh, but wait, I thought some around here determined he was a thug and guilty without trial?

Another example of why we need to wait for things to play out before jumping to conclusions.
      That was the Pats fan wearing the #81 jersey.
      sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear there will be no charges. Wonder if the League still fines him for conduct issues.

Just because there were no charges does not mean he did nothing wrong. Just not enough evidence to proceed. I am still disappointed to see the young man involved in a 3am disturbance at a night club. Talib was still involved in a altercation. Just no proof he had the gun. Or even if there was one in all fairness.

I do not find the lifestyle choice a wise one for anyone let alone a professional athlete with millions of dollars and a career on the line. I would prefer more mature decisions. Got lucky this time. But who knows, next time we may discussing his getting shot or his funeral.

Comment

glad that's all sorted out.

Now back to the football.

Comment

Cool. We have rights in USA. Even Aaron Hernandez had rights that seemed to slant his trial in his favor on some issues. In the end justice is served - most of the time. Glad Talib isn't going to be dealing with this during the season.

Maybe even some good came from this. Maybe because this occurred, the rest of the roster might be reminded just how easy it can be to get in hot water - and that maybe they'll err on the side of legal.

It'd kill the Broncos to have all that money tied up in a player who's in trouble. At least for this season. I'm not a 100% Talib believer to be honest. CB is a tough position to play and I've seen Talib get burned all the time. He makes some plays at times though. I just don't see the elite status -personally. Chris Harris makes it look easy. He just rarely makes a mistake or gets beat straight up.

Anyhow - glad to hear the case is suspended
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Glad to hear there will be no charges. Wonder if the League still fines him for conduct issues.

Just because there were no charges does not mean he did nothing wrong. Just not enough evidence to proceed. I am still disappointed to see the young man involved in a 3am disturbance at a night club. Talib was still involved in a altercation. Just no proof he had the gun. Or even if there was one in all fairness.

I do not find the lifestyle choice a wise one for anyone let alone a professional athlete with millions of dollars and a career on the line. I would prefer more mature decisions. Got lucky this time. But who knows, next time we may discussing his getting shot or his funeral.
              I would be very upset if he were fined or suspended. Its not like the charges were dropped or that he won an appeal. There were never any charges or arrests to begin with. The NFL would be greatly overstepping their bounds if they punished him in any way. Not that they haven't done that before...

Comment

This^^^^^^^^^^^
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

An amazing concept allowing the legal system to wok first before hanging someone.

Comment

Let's not pretend Talib was exonerated. He wasn't. Good for the Broncos that he probably won't face charges or a suspension, but this new development doesn't mean he did nothing wrong. I hope he did nothing wrong. If he did do something wrong, hopefully he managed to learn a lesson despite not getting into trouble over it.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      Let's not pretend Talib was exonerated. He wasn't. Good for the Broncos that he probably won't face charges or a suspension, but this new development doesn't mean he did nothing wrong. I hope he did nothing wrong. If he did do something wrong, hopefully he managed to learn a lesson despite not getting into trouble over it.
                      If there was no evidence of a wrong doing by him It is simply no reason to charge him and then Prosecute him or get a plea deal.

We all saw how he was tried found guilty and sentenced time in the press when it was the other guy.

The press is irresponsible reportting half stories in the rush to beat someone else to report it.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        You don't need to be "exonerated" in this country if you haven't done anything wrong. If Talib had committed an offense that required prosecution, after the history of what the Dallas police force has previously done relative to Talib, Talib would be in a jail cell. In this country, you are presumed innocent. Suggesting that Talib has "managed to learn a lesson" is assuming, with 100% certainty, that Talib is guilty of something.

That's sad. Especially when we have a Superstar linebacker who is one strike away from a one-year suspension, and we had a cornerback who was up on rape charges. When I think of legal problems in the NFL, I think of Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth. Not Aqib Talib.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          You don't need to be "exonerated" in this country if you haven't done anything wrong. If Talib had committed an offense that required prosecution, after the history of what the Dallas police force has previously done relative to Talib, Talib would be in a jail cell. In this country, you are presumed innocent. Suggesting that Talib has "managed to learn a lesson" is assuming, with 100% certainty, that Talib is guilty of something.

That's sad. Especially when we have a Superstar linebacker who is one strike away from a one-year suspension, and we had a cornerback who was up on rape charges. When I think of legal problems in the NFL, I think of Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth. Not Aqib Talib.
                          Actually he can learn from the fact that he was accused of something just because he was near the crime IF there was a crime.

Sometimes you just have to learn to stay away from any potential issued.

Comment

Working...
                          X