Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We need Peyton" ~ Von Miller

- USO awards banquet honors Stevie Nicks, Peyton Manning -

"Stevie Nicks, Peyton Manning and author Sebastian Junger are bringing some celebrity luster to a USO awards banquet in Arlington.

But the real stars of the event Tuesday night are nearly 30 Medal of Honor recipients being recognized for heroism in World War II, Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan.

The nonprofit organization is dedicated to lifting the spirits of America’s troops and their families.

The USO is recognizing Denver Broncos quarterback Manning for joining a tour that included stops in Afghanistan and Kuwait." ...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS

How to Build Expertise, Talent, and Skill: Lessons From Peyton Manning

-How to Build Expertise, Talent, and Skill: Lessons From Peyton Manning-

"It was the first game of the season and Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the National Football League, already had a chance to set another NFL record.

Late in the fourth quarter, with the ball on his own 22-yard line, Manning stepped up to the line of scrimmage and surveyed the defense. Just before snapping the ball, he noticed something.

The Baltimore Ravens defenders were moving around in front of Manning, preparing for the play, but something didn't feel right. After the game, Manning would simply say that he "saw something." [1, 2]

Baltimore was going to blitz and Manning knew it. He took a step forward, spread his arms to signal a new play call, and yelled out the play, "Alley! Alley! ... Alley! Alley! Alley!"

The Broncos snapped the ball. The Ravens, as expected, blitzed. Manning threw a perfectly planned pass to wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who ran 78 yards for a touchdown. The Baltimore defenders never laid a hand on him.

It was Manning's seventh touchdown pass of the game, tying the NFL record. And perhaps more impressive, it took Manning just four seconds to step up to the line of scrimmage, analyze the location of all 11 defenders, compare their coverage to the play he had called, recognize that they were preparing to blitz, and then call a new play. All that, in just four seconds.

Let's talk about how Peyton Manning can do that, and how you can develop expertise in the areas that matter to you." ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-...b_6803902.html

Comment

"We need Peyton" ~ Von Miller

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-to-win-title

If there is any question about the Denver Broncos' faith in Peyton Manning to come back fully healthy from his thigh injury, no one in the team's organization sounds concerned.

The latest to express his faith in Manning was star pass rusher Von Miller, who told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday that the Broncos need Manning to be a contender.

"As long as he can contribute to the team, as long as he can go out there and contribute and produce and put more into the team than he's taking out, he's going to play football," Miller said.

"There are still so many things he can do for the Denver Broncos. We can win a Super Bowl with Peyton," he added. "I think that's the only thing that matters. To win a Super Bowl we need Peyton Manning and I think that he's going to be able to play at a high level. It's Peyton Manning. Whatever it is he needs to do, he's going to do it. That's one position that I'm just not worried about. I definitely think he has control over the whole situation. "

While he faded down the stretch last season, Manning still compiled 4,727 yards and 39 touchdowns. We expect new coach Gary Kubiak to lean heavily on his running game, with a deep, young backfield to take some of the pressure off Manning throughout the year.

Miller is absolutely right about Manning being the best chance the Broncos have to win a Super Bowl come playoff time, which is why John Elway won't blow up the roster as long as Peyton is playing.

"Player-Talk" or continued faith in their leader?

Eitherway, I am still excited to see what is likely the final year of an HoF legend.
      Last edited by Denver Mike; 04-09-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I am one of Manning's biggest critics, but you can't say 'no' to one of the greatest players of all time giving it another shot.

I tend to believe Miller's quote is genuine, but I also wouldn't expect him to say anything else even if he did feel differently.

If we can figure out our o-line issues and ride the ground game I think Manning will play at a very high level. If we stay healthy we have as good of a shot as anyone.

Comment

I think people will be amazed at how better our OL issues will become once a defense has to repsect the fact we may run or pass.

Yea last year we had people on their toes for a while with the 6 OL thing. Then we played a good playoff level team in Cinc. They adjusted by putting more run defender types on the field. We adjusted by passing. They adjusted by putting pass defenders on the field. We never adjusted after that and lost.

If you can put the threat on the field of running effectively and passing effectively at the same time, with one of the greatest LoS play call adjusters in the history of the game...AND he believes in the run as much as the pass...I honestly do not see how defenses will stop that offense.

Kubiak will do most of it. The bold underlined part is up to PM
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I think people will be amazed at how better our OL issues will become once a defense has to repsect the fact we may run or pass.

Yea last year we had people on their toes for a while with the 6 OL thing. Then we played a good playoff level team in Cinc. They adjusted by putting more run defender types on the field. We adjusted by passing. They adjusted by putting pass defenders on the field. We never adjusted after that and lost.

If you can put the threat on the field of running effectively and passing effectively at the same time, with one of the greatest LoS play call adjusters in the history of the game...AND he believes in the run as much as the pass...I honestly do not see how defenses will stop that offense.

Kubiak will do most of it. The bold underlined part is up to PM
            This. ^^^^

Keeping a defense honest is our best hope. Sure, it may not look as spectacular on the scoreboard, but down the stretch when winter comes there is less adjustment, if any, required.'

I am so looking forward to this upcoming season!!

Comment

I think most of the people calling for Manning to retire after last season had that opinion due to the shocking decline in his play after the quad injury. I agree he just looked so bad it seemed like it was the end of the road. Add to that the problem that while Peyton really is as close to a modern day "offensive coordinator on the field", he clearly needed some ideas and innovation from Gase/Fox and of course none was provided. I think it's a great sign to see a team leader like Von make this statement and with a new coaching regime and approach, I'm starting to get excited about our chances this season! Teams with a QB having a fraction of the skills of PFM have won the super bowl but it takes a team effort (and let's be honest a little luck and lack of injury). We all know Elway didn't bring us to the SB promised land until he had a strong team and smart coaching staff around him...seems to me like we've made the moves in this offseason to take a great run at the trophy with one of the greatest of all times under center...

Go Broncos
              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Von speaks the truth. You wanna win now? Go with Manning.

Comment

I believe Von said what he felt. I personally think that sent a message to PM. I also think that although unintentional, it probably sent the opposite one to OZ. My problems with PM go back to the last 2 min of that final game. However I cant argue with Von when he said PM gives us the best chance to win a SB at this point. I agree with Hadez. I think Kubes can make a big difference, if PM believes in what Kubes is doing and puts priority on the run game and a balanced O. I think the biggest/best improvement we coulda made was in coaching and we did. I can't wait to see this year come, especially late in the season. I think we will be better later in the year just when we need to be. Very excited about this year. Just wish it would get here already.:brick:
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    I believe Von said what he felt. I personally think that sent a message to PM. I also think that although unintentional, it probably sent the opposite one to OZ. My problems with PM go back to the last 2 min of that final game. However I cant argue with Von when he said PM gives us the best chance to win a SB at this point. I agree with Hadez. I think Kubes can make a big difference, if PM believes in what Kubes is doing and puts priority on the run game and a balanced O. I think the biggest/best improvement we coulda made was in coaching and we did. I can't wait to see this year come, especially late in the season. I think we will be better later in the year just when we need to be. Very excited about this year. Just wish it would get here already.:brick:
                    I'm not sure Peyton would have come back if he didn't believe in what Kubes is planning on doing with the offense. It would have been silly to come back if he was going to be at odds with the new coaches.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                    X