Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos to use Emmanuel Sanders in slot more

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos to use Emmanuel Sanders in slot more



    Broncos coaches have informed Emmanuel Sanders that he will see more action at slot receiver this year.

    Sanders has experience in the slot from his Pittsburgh days. He dabbled there last year with Denver, but primarily played the old Marvin Harrison "Z" role in Peyton Manning's offense. Sanders is certainly quick enough to win in the slot, though his Average Depth of Target may fall this season. After being a steal in 2014 fantasy drafts, Sanders may be a bit overvalued in 2015.
    So maybe DT on one side, Latimer on the other and Sanders in the slot more often this year..
    sigpic

  • #2
    I know most don't see WR as a need but I certainly wouldn't be unhappy taking one in the first 3 rounds.

    DT, Latimer, Sanders and 'rookie' could be very potent.

    Looking at the depth chart....... Norwood and Bennie Fowler (who I like) will be interesting to watch in TC

    Comment


    • #3
      Sanders confirmed this in his press conference today. He said that he's been told that he'll be moving inside in 3WR sets:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hesky View Post
        Sanders confirmed this in his press conference today. He said that he's been told that he'll be moving inside in 3WR sets:

        http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-2d01c7e0b976
        we all realize that there will be less 3WR sets now then ever.

        with 2 RB 1QB 5 OL 1TE that is 9 players right there.
        Kubes likes running 2 TEs for the running game

        Personally I do not think Y'all should be getting to excited about a slot receiver.

        Sounds like lying season to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          we all realize that there will be less 3WR sets now then ever.

          with 2 RB 1QB 5 OL 1TE that is 9 players right there.
          Kubes likes running 2 TEs for the running game

          Personally I do not think Y'all should be getting to excited about a slot receiver.

          Sounds like lying season to me.
          They aren't lying. I believe Sanders will be in the slot in 3 WR sets. Those sets just won't be nearly as common as it was this past year.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            They aren't lying. I believe Sanders will be in the slot in 3 WR sets. Those sets just won't be nearly as common as it was this past year.
            never said they are lying..

            we all realize that there will be less 3WR sets now then ever.

            with 2 RB 1QB 5 OL 1TE that is 9 players right there.
            Kubes likes running 2 TEs for the running game

            Personally I do not think Y'all should be getting to excited about a slot receiver.
            Lying season is when they purposely say something not totally true to either hype the fan base or smoke screen for other teams.

            Will he be the slot IF and when we have 3 WR set probably, but can you count the number of them per game on one hand MOST likely.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Garfield View Post
              never said they are lying..



              Lying season is when they purposely say something not totally true to either hype the fan base or smoke screen for other teams.

              Will he be the slot IF and when we have 3 WR set probably, but can you count the number of them per game on one hand MOST likely.
              Not sure why they would try to lie to fool future opponents, by the time week 1 rolls around they will have some exhibition film and they can read training camp reports to figure out the information. Plus when you look at the 3 receivers one is obviously more of a slot type build than the others.

              As for how much they'll use 3 WR sets....Kubiak has said repeatedly that he's putting together his offense with Peyton's offense to create the Broncos offense, so I would guess we'll see more 3 WR sets than Kubiak previously used and less than the Broncos used in the past 3 years. BUT I expect that it will be game plan dependent, if you're going against a team with a banged up or weak secondary then you're going to go with more of a spread look to get their weak guys on the field to pick on them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sanders isnt going to show the Broncos cards to the rest of the league.

                Who evers buying into this load, please PM me about affordable beach front property in Nevada ASAP.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A "Slot Receiver" is a Z back who can motion.

                  21 personnel I (and Offset I) Formations are Pro, Twins, Slot, Wing and Power with X on split, Y on tight and Z off and able to motion.

                  12 personnel Formations can be tight, in which case both receivers are off either one of which may motion. They can have one TE on tight and the other off and able to motion, in which case one WR is on split (X) and one off (Z). Trey is one possibility and is a strong run formation as well as offering Bunch Routes on the strong side, or motion to Trey from Pro I.

                  IDK if Kubiak will use any 22 personnel formations. Those could either be tight or have one End tight and the other split which would leave a TE as H-Back able to motion.

                  I'm sure we will see 11 personnel formations with three WRs, but probably not as much as last year.

                  As far as the playbook is concerned, it's a question of which rushing plays and which route combinations can be run from each formation.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 04-14-2015, 06:57 AM. Reason: clarification
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                    never said they are lying..



                    Lying season is when they purposely say something not totally true to either hype the fan base or smoke screen for other teams.

                    Will he be the slot IF and when we have 3 WR set probably, but can you count the number of them per game on one hand MOST likely.

                    [lahy-ing]

                    Examples
                    Word Origin

                    noun
                    1.
                    the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness:

                    Synonyms: falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication.


                    adjective
                    2.
                    telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; deceitful; false:
                    a lying report.
                    Synonyms: deceptive, misleading, mendacious, fallacious; sham, counterfeit.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      never said they are lying..



                      Lying season is when they purposely say something not totally true to either hype the fan base or smoke screen for other teams.

                      Will he be the slot IF and when we have 3 WR set probably, but can you count the number of them per game on one hand MOST likely.
                      On one hand? 528 passing attempts and only 80 or less 3 wide sets all year? We will still see a good number of 3 and 4 wide receiver sets

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        On one hand? 528 passing attempts and only 80 or less 3 wide sets all year? We will still see a good number of 3 and 4 wide receiver sets
                        We're all guessing about it.

                        Three WR is 11 personnel; four is usually 01 personnel/empty.

                        Kubiak has said he intends to use 21 personnel formations with a FB of which two have been signed so far.

                        Kubiak likes to run the ball and have a balanced offense. That will be difficult to accomplish with a good number of 3 and 4 wide receiver sets.

                        Fortunately the Broncos have at least two big WRs who are good blockers. If both were in an 11 personnel formation like Trey, they could help generate a rushing attack and run Bunch Routes, too.

                        As a student of the WCO, Kubiak and Dennison have bought Bill Walsh's concept of dictating to defenses using formations. I'm sure we'll see a lot of them as well as some interesting lineups in them.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          On one hand? 528 passing attempts and only 80 or less 3 wide sets all year? We will still see a good number of 3 and 4 wide receiver sets
                          Who did that DEN, BAL or HOU?

                          For that matter when

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            [lahy-ing]

                            Examples
                            Word Origin

                            noun
                            1.
                            the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness:

                            Synonyms: falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication.


                            adjective
                            2.
                            telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; deceitful; false:
                            a lying report.
                            Synonyms: deceptive, misleading, mendacious, fallacious; sham, counterfeit.
                            Wow do I have to spell it out for you.

                            Every off season is know as lying season.

                            The GMs HCs and some owners get into telling the fans what they want to hear. Then during TC things change because the players they thought would work do not.

                            See the OL revamp of 2014. Both times.

                            Yet during the off season they hyped it as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

                            Hence lying season or I normally refer to it as blowing smoke up someone's rectum.

                            But I was trying to be polite.

                            Again go back and read the post and notice the tongue in cheek.

                            Stop being a precise HA.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                              Who did that DEN, BAL or HOU?

                              For that matter when
                              Last year with baltimore

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X