• New Broncos Issued Numbers

TE James Casey: No. 80
    TE Owen Daniels: No. 81
    C Gino Gradkowski: No. 77
    DE Antonio Smith: No. 90
    S Darian Stewart: No. 26
    LB Reggie Walker: No. 56
    DE Vance Walker: No. 96

Three offseason pickups with no prior regular-season experience also have jersey numbers: tight end Joe Don Duncan (No. 42), safety Ross Madison (No. 34) and defensive end Chase Vaughn (No. 49). Vaughn wore that jersey number during training camp last summer.

In addition to Smith, seven new Broncos will be issued jersey numbers before the minicamp and OTA portions of offseason work: guard Shelley Smith, cornerbacks Tevrin Brandon and Curtis Marsh, wide receivers Jeremy Kelley, Kerry Taylor and Kyle Williams, linebacker Danny Mason and kicker/punter Karl Schmitz.
    Source: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...1-d8e996114b9b

Stewart wore #24 with the Ravens. I wonder if Elway will allow Bradley Roby to wear the number this year? I know he requested it as a rookie and was declined.

Casey wore #86 for the Texans and Dominique Jones wore #87 in college, so I thought they would work something out.

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
    I know he requested it as a rookie and was declined.
    Really? That's lame. I don't see the issue since #24 won't be retired anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Casey wore #86 for the Texans and Dominique Jones wore #87 in college, so I thought they would work something out.

Really? That's lame. I don't see the issue since #24 won't be retired anyway.
      I think the issue what that he came in as an unproven rookie and wanted Champ's number and Elway wasn't going to just give it to him. It sounded less about Champ and his legacy as a Bronco and more about Roby and him being new to the team.

Comment

Stewart wore #24 with the Ravens. I wonder if Elway will allow Bradley Roby to wear the number this year? I know he requested it as a rookie and was declined.
        "I realized right then I needed to prove myself first," Roby continued. "And now that I have been here, met Champ, gone to his retirement ceremony and seen first-hand how much he meant to this organization, I would never wear it. I knew he was great. I just wanted a number other than 29. What Champ did here, nobody will ever match. His number will be retired here."
        Source: http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...oby-john-elway

Sounds like he isn't interested anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post

"I realized right then I needed to prove myself first," Roby continued. "And now that I have been here, met Champ, gone to his retirement ceremony and seen first-hand how much he meant to this organization, I would never wear it. I knew he was great. I just wanted a number other than 29. What Champ did here, nobody will ever match. His number will be retired here."
          Source: http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...oby-john-elway

Sounds like he isn't interested anymore.
          That's what I remember, thanks for the quote.

Comment

HEY!!! didnt we retire Rods # 80?? what the heck?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post

pretty sure JT wore it for the last 4 years..

Comment

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                ^^^This. Personally I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers outside of 7 and 44.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  ^^^This. Personally I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers outside of 7 and 44.
                  The Broncos have retired #7, #18 and #44.

That's less than average (4.7) which is good when you consider that five teams haven't retired any jersey numbers( Cowboys, Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Jags)

The Bears have retired the most jersey numbers at fourteen, but they've been around for ninety-five years. The Giants and the Niners are close with twelve each. The Chiefs have retired ten ... go figure.

The goofiest one IMO is the Seahawks who retired #12 along with three other numbers.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It seems so wrong for an offensive player to wear 77 for the Broncos. Only defensive players should be allowed to wear that number for the Broncos.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      It seems so wrong for an offensive player to wear 77 for the Broncos. Only defensive players should be allowed to wear that number for the Broncos.
                      Tony Jones wore #77 as did Dwayne Carswell for a time.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Tony Jones wore #77 as did Dwayne Carswell for a time.
                        It should still be given only to defensive players. Mecklenberg made that a defender's number.

I kinda feel the same way about 27 and 49.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                          Oh yea, sorry..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X