Brock Osweiler "burning" to show what he can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Champ2501 View Post
    More like camp depth. Fights for the 3rd QB spot or a spot on the practice squad
    Some one told me that kid runs a 4.3 40. If he can also play QB color me super impressed .
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they draft Siemian. He's kubiaks guy.
      We'll see what happens. There's no doubt that this coaching staff has taken a keen interest in Siemian and I think it's foolish to think that he's only a "camp arm". He's going to stick around for a while, one way or another.
      RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
      :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Some one told me that kid runs a 4.3 40. If he can also play QB color me super impressed .
        Considering he was taken out for option plays, I don't think that's true

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
          Oz will be our next quarterback after manning and he will have Great success. He fits kubiaks system to the T. Mobile. Play action. And has a HUGE arm. He has a cannon he really does. I miss those deep balls Cutler would do. oz will bring that back. But to what somebody else said. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Before he really got a chance to start and take over the franchise he didn't look like he was going to be what he became. Until a quarterback starts in the regular season. You can't judge him or tell. Preseason is so vanilla and he's been playing with our second and third stringers. Oz will have a great career. HERE IN DENVER
          I thought you just said...you can't judge or tell until you have seen in a regular season game???
          sigpic

Comment

I have confidence in BrockO. In the limited snaps I've seen he seems to know what he's doing, perhaps a little hesitant to pull the trigger at times. He has size, mobility, a strong arm, pocket presence and awareness, seems like he has good touch passing.

Look at it this way, compare him to Brady Quinn who obviously looked overmatched all the time, at least BrockO (to me at least) has not looked that clueless. Nobody really knows, but I think he will be at least a competent starter. At least as good as Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Siemian does not run a 4.38 40 yard. He was timed at 4.9 - 5.0 during workouts before the draft.

The 4.38 time was a joke he made last summer. At camp they were questioning his athleticism as he was competing for the starters job at NU. A reporter asked if he had ever been timed for the 40. He responded " Last time it was like 4.38" . The reporters ran with it. And the remark was overblown. They just did not get his sarcastic humor.

I think this was discussed when Siemian was interviewed by the Broncos last month. Even a link to the story. I do not have it now though.

Not making too much of it that he was drafted. That he is suddenly "Kubiaks guy".

Still a Manning and Osweiller depth chart. He and Dysart will battle it out for third string and PS honors IMO.
              Last edited by FR Tim; 05-03-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Siemian does not run a 4.38 40 yard. He was timed at 4.9 - 5.0 during workouts before the draft.

The 4.38 time was a joke he made last summer. At camp they were questioning his athleticism as he was competing for the starters job at NU. A reporter asked if he had ever been timed for the 40. He responded " Last time it was like 4.38" . The reporters ran with it. And the remark was overblown. They just did not get his sarcastic humor.

I think this was discussed when Siemian was interviewed by the Broncos last month. Even a link to the story. I do not have it now though.

Not making too much of it that he was drafted. That he is suddenly "Kubiaks guy".

Still a Manning and Osweiller depth chart. He and Dysart will battle it out for third string and PS honors IMO.
                I think you're right and wrong at the same time here. Siemian will go to ps. The team will keep 3 QB's on the roster. Simply because our starter is 38/39 years old and coming to the end of it. All it could take is one bad hit and he's retired. We will need to have three qbs on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by olgrouch View Post
                  I think you're right and wrong at the same time here. Siemian will go to ps. The team will keep 3 QB's on the roster. Simply because our starter is 38/39 years old and coming to the end of it. All it could take is one bad hit and he's retired. We will need to have three qbs on the team.
                  38-39 wow considering one of those years was rehabbing and he has had a few years in Denver behind a better OL than he had in INDY plus IMO better outlet players overall than there

Manning is not a running QB was one of the least hit guys while in Denver. His game is cerebral and with short concise craving up a defense.
                  Add in an up graded OL over the next few years and there is no reason he can not play into his mid forties.

manning has never been the tackling dummy some QBs have been for that matter has taken less hits that's John has with his lousy OL for much of his career and his patented scrambling to extend plays.

Manning simply throws it away or dumps it off for a shorter gain.
                  He is in no more danger for a career ending injury than he was the first 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                    38-39 wow considering one of those years was rehabbing and he has had a few years in Denver behind a better OL than he had in INDY plus IMO better outlet players overall than there

Manning is not a running QB was one of the least hit guys while in Denver. His game is cerebral and with short concise craving up a defense.
                    Add in an up graded OL over the next few years and there is no reason he can not play into his mid forties.

manning has never been the tackling dummy some QBs have been for that matter has taken less hits that's John has with his lousy OL for much of his career and his patented scrambling to extend plays.

Manning simply throws it away or dumps it off for a shorter gain.
                    He is in no more danger for a career ending injury than he was the first 15 years.

Just.. no. Garfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                      Just.. no. Garfield.

Right. Never use the "i" word. That is all.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Right. Never use the "i" word. That is all.
                        Yea, INDY isnt anything I wanna hear about..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X