replied
    Gase who?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    @MikeKlis
    C.J. Anderson on Gase: "I did think it was pretty funny"
    Well, at least the locker room has a new nickname for C.J. Anderson: "Hey, C.J.! What does the C stand for? Chubby."

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    He thought it was funny because look who got fired and who didn't.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    @MikeKlis
    he thought what was funny?

The comment?

LOL -if so- see, he don't care

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    It's hard to imagine that San Francisco dodged a bullet by hiring Tomsula.

But, they surely did.

Remember, it was Mike McCoy who played magic tricks by accomadating the skillsets of the likes of Tim Tebow.

Not gase.
    People complained just as much about McCoy and were glad he left, it will be the same for Kubiak and Dennison with their playacting, when one play doesn't work some fans will get angry, and complain that they should have called play X which would have worked.

The 49ers didn't dodge a bullet by hiring Tomsula, he's going to last 2 seasons at most, and given the way they ran off the coach who rebuilt that team, they deserve what's about to happen to them.

I'm not a Gase fan, and don't think he was ready to be a HC, but think he might have benefited from getting the job and failing, much like Shanahan with the Raiders, but there's way too much revisionist history going on with him on this thread. Whether you liked him or not he was the OC of the most potent offense in NFL history, and if it were true that he just stood around and did nothing, wouldn't some ex-players have actually said that? And even if he didn't call the plays (shouldn't people blame Manning for the numerous bubble screens then?) he designed the offense, installed it, came up with the weekly game plans etc.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    @MikeKlis

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    It's hard to imagine that San Francisco dodged a bullet by hiring Tomsula.

But, they surely did.

Remember, it was Mike McCoy who played magic tricks by accomadating the skillsets of the likes of Tim Tebow.

Not gase.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    It's gonna be fun watching Fox and that clown fail with a Cutler led offense.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    You have to remember that gase jdr and Fox had feelers out as well as interviews for the former coordinators.

IMO they were all Looking past that game and trying to get a job nailed down for next year before they were all taken.

I'm also guessing that John had a chat with John F that if they did not win it all. He and most of his staff would be gone.

After all the lousy player decisions as well and not getting rookies playing time during the year ther is little doubt I my mind that John was going to make changes.

They would have been idiots not to have known
    Agreed

Fox and JDR will never win a Super Bowl as head coaches. Both are too limited in what they can bring a team and too stubborn to change. JDR can maybe get one if he gets a super star team like Switzer did but that's about it.

Gase ... he is young and never should have been made a OC.

Frankly they are all weak mined people because even if the writing was on the wall that they were gone if they were truly about the team, and by team I mean the players and coaches, then honestly something like management coming down on them should have made them come together even more.

Losers assemble in little groups, and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a team
    Go ahead and add GM to the part about complaining about coaches and players...*cough JDR*

edit - this reminds me of something Malik Jackson said on a recent presser at denverbroncos.com

Hope I get it right or least close...when asked about a contract he said his plan is to play so good Mr Elway would have no choice but to give him his big contract.

In sports if you perform good enough, and the management is not Al Davis crazy, then you will force them to do the right thing. If you are not up to that kind of challenge then I do not want you on my team.
    Last edited by Hadez; 05-09-2015, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    You have to remember that gase jdr and Fox had feelers out as well as interviews for the former coordinators.

IMO they were all Looking past that game and trying to get a job nailed down for next year before they were all taken.

I'm also guessing that John had a chat with John F that if they did not win it all. He and most of his staff would be gone.

After all the lousy player decisions as well and not getting rookies playing time during the year ther is little doubt I my mind that John was going to make changes.

They would have been idiots not to have known
    Some knew and there were some that didn't.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Who cares? I don't know the question asked and the context of the reply. But he will need to hope Matt Forte has the greatest season in the history of the NFL because he now has Jay Cutler as his QB, and if he tries to be pass happy with his calls things will get ugly fast. Except for the 3 games per year where "Good Jay" shows up and he looks all world.

People here are using a bit of revisionist history in relation to the last hiring cycle, according to reports he was offered the 49ers HC job on the condition he keep Jim Tomsula, when Gase refused the 49ers pulled their offer and made Tomsula their head coach.
    I am so grateful Gase did not become our Head Coach as so many on here pined for before last season.

Unfortunately, the Bears franchise will use Cutler as the scapegoat when they drop below mediocrity faster than Gase can say "Bubble Screen"!!!!

Thankfully, John Elway spared us the inevitable doom that would of plagued our franchise had Gase been given the reins to run it.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Who cares? I don't know the question asked and the context of the reply. But he will need to hope Matt Forte has the greatest season in the history of the NFL because he now has Jay Cutler as his QB, and if he tries to be pass happy with his calls things will get ugly fast. Except for the 3 games per year where "Good Jay" shows up and he looks all world.

People here are using a bit of revisionist history in relation to the last hiring cycle, according to reports he was offered the 49ers HC job on the condition he keep Jim Tomsula, when Gase refused the 49ers pulled their offer and made Tomsula their head coach.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Matt forte's durability? Someone needs to tell him to pass that lol

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    As if what Gase says holds any water in Bronco country after we watched him take one of the most potent offenses in NFL history and in less than a year turn it into an average one because he doesn't know how to incorporate a running game or figure out how to fix the o-line.

I can't tell you how happy I am that he is no longer here. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X