• Brandon Marshall injury update

http://kwgn.com/2015/05/08/brandon-marshall/

Sorry nothing there when I go there.

No story, no ability for video.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      Sorry nothing there when I go there.

No story, no ability for video.
      It worked for me, maybe a browser issue?
      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
        It worked for me, maybe a browser issue?
        used both Fire fox and Safari. so initially they did not work.

Comment

He's 10 weeks removed from the surgery, and the boot is coming off next week.

Dr says he'll be ready for Training Camp and he should be fine throughout the season.

He'll get the screws taken out after the season.

Excited about the new Coaching Staff.....some people have their doubts, but he's excited. New Coaches brings new culture. Excited to see how things pan out.

***He did not say who the doubters are.....he could mean some players, he could mean people outside of the Organization***
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I didn't like how that sounded either. It's early though. Hopefully the coaches can win them over. I guess there's nothing wrong if a player 'has their doubts'. And this doesn't necessarily mean 'doubts about winning'. It could be doubts about how certain players fit in this new system. Because really, Wade Phillips' reputation precedes him. I'm not saying he's some wizard, but he has success wherever he seems to go as a DC. The doubter(s) might worry how they fit into the new scheme.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

These "Lisfranc" injuries just keep coming. Doesn't Ronnie Hillman have a "Lisfranc" injury, also?

A while back I heard Chad Brown talking about the "Lisfranc" injury that ended his career, saying that he still hasn't recovered. And he's been out of football for 8 years. I know that Ryan Clady had the worst season I've seen out of him, last year. Hopefully his recovery has progressed in the off season. I will be SHOCKED if Brandon Marshall is anywhere near being ready by TC.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                These "Lisfranc" injuries just keep coming. Doesn't Ronnie Hillman have a "Lisfranc" injury, also?

A while back I heard Chad Brown talking about the "Lisfranc" injury that ended his career, saying that he still hasn't recovered. And he's been out of football for 8 years. I know that Ryan Clady had the worst season I've seen out of him, last year. Hopefully his recovery has progressed in the off season. I will be SHOCKED if Brandon Marshall is anywhere near being ready by TC.
                What I heard was that Marshalls injury was to his right foot, but is not a lisfranc issue. That is as specific as I've seen the injury reported. Doesn't mean that wasn't a flat out lie, but that's what I read.
                Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  Yeah I didn't like how that sounded either. It's early though. Hopefully the coaches can win them over. I guess there's nothing wrong if a player 'has their doubts'. And this doesn't necessarily mean 'doubts about winning'. It could be doubts about how certain players fit in this new system. Because really, Wade Phillips' reputation precedes him. I'm not saying he's some wizard, but he has success wherever he seems to go as a DC. The doubter(s) might worry how they fit into the new scheme.
                  It is called the PETER PRINCIPLE for Wade. He rose to his level of incompetence as a HC, but ego allowed him to try it twice (IIRC), his brilliance is as a DC. Just as the old man that just left the steelers the best DC in football in his 70s but the best mind on D v

Wade is the new guy for being the top DC in the league.

In suspect any doubts are now do I fit into this scheme.

Actually my doubt is do we have the NT to make this work. Pretty sure we have the other pieces but the NT is the KEY to a great 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Lis Franc one of the worst things that can happen to a football guy.

As far as clady is concerned he is a huge guy that is having some bigger and In most cases faster guys pounding on him every play. Unlike other player groups the OL and DL are pounding in each other every play start to whistle.

I've said it before and will maintain I doubt that clady can get back to pro bowl guy he was his first years. Right now he is getting honors on his old rep and the fast arm of manning.

Comment

It is called the PETER PRINCIPLE for Wade. He rose to his level of incompetence as a HC, but ego allowed him to try it twice (IIRC), his brilliance is as a DC. Just as the old man that just left the steelers the best DC in football in his 70s but the best mind on D v

Wade is the new guy for being the top DC in the league.

In suspect any doubts are now do I fit into this scheme.

Actually my doubt is do we have the NT to make this work. Pretty sure we have the other pieces but the NT is the KEY to a great 3-4.
                      Wade Phillips has been an NFL Head Coach six times: New Orleans interim 1985; Denver 1993-94; Buffalo 1998-2000; Atlanta interim 2003; Dallas 2007-10; and, Houston interim 2013.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Wade Phillips has been an NFL Head Coach six times: New Orleans interim 1985; Denver 1993-94; Buffalo 1998-2000; Atlanta interim 2003; Dallas 2007-10; and, Houston interim 2013.
                        I knew it was more than 2 times but did not research it for how many, was on my iPhone..

I knew about Denver and Dallas, was not aware of ATL and NOL vaguely thought about BUF and should have remembered HOU after Gary was fired.

Thanks for the information.
                        Last edited by Garfield; 05-10-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I think for some 3-4s they need a specific kind of NT to be successful because of how the defense is run.

Wade has used different kinds of NTs and been successful with multiple kinds of NTs. There was a video going around on these forums a couple months ago about Wade talking how different kinds of players fit into the defense different kinds of ways and how it is up to the coaches to blend it all together.

Last time he was in Denver he used a very undersized Greg Kragen as NT, even by the 80s/90s standard 260ish pounds was light for a NT. That defense was one of the few that was able to hold the explosive Buff Bills offense down in their hayday in the AFC Champ game. Too bad as I recall a turnover gave them their TD in a low scoring loss for us.

People been saying since the end of the 2008 season on these forums that we need a very specific type of NT to run a 3-4 and imo that perception is not correct specially with Wade.
                          Last edited by Hadez; 05-11-2015, 06:05 AM.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Lis Franc one of the worst things that can happen to a football guy.

As far as clady is concerned he is a huge guy that is having some bigger and In most cases faster guys pounding on him every play. Unlike other player groups the OL and DL are pounding in each other every play start to whistle.

I've said it before and will maintain I doubt that clady can get back to pro bowl guy he was his first years. Right now he is getting honors on his old rep and the fast arm of manning.
                            I've heard stories about players making full recoveries from a Lis Franc injury, as far as I know they're all bunk.
                            This is the reason I wanted us to draft an OT instead of oc/og first. I thought it might be a more immediate need.
                            This is just speculation on my part , but it seems as though the number of these injuries has sky rocketed since teams and players adopted these newer soft shoes instead of using the old leather shoe from 15 or 20 years ago.

As for your comments about the NT position and its importance in a 3/4 D, totally agree! SamP made a comment in a thread over in the Draft forum about Kilgo and his ability when his team played the hawkeye's. We might be better off than we thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              I think for some 3-4s they need a specific kind of NT to be successful because of how the defense is run.

Wade has used different kinds of NTs and been successful with multiple kinds of NTs. There was a video going around on these forums a couple months ago about Wade talking how different kinds of players fit into the defense different kinds of ways and how it is up to the coaches to blend it all together.

Last time he was in Denver he used a very undersized Greg Kragen as NT, even by the 80s/90s standard 260ish pounds was light for a NT. That defense was one of the few that was able to hold the explosive Buff Bills offense down in their hayday in the AFC Champ game. Too bad as I recall a turnover gave them their TD in a low scoring loss for us.

People been saying since the end of the 2008 season on these forums that we need a very specific type of NT to run a 3-4 and imo that perception is not correct specially with Wade.
                              If an odd front defense is going to funnel run plays to the middle, they will play two-gap and need a 0 tech who commands a double.

If an odd front defense is going to spill run plays to the sideline, they will play one-gap and need very active gap penetrators.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X