Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Heuerman Suffers Torn ACL in Practice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess ACL's these days tear as easily as paper... Get well soon Jeff.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

What a shame, I was starting to get excited for this pick. Better luck next year Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
        I guess ACL's these days tear as easily as paper... Get well soon Jeff.
        Well with the brutal draft evaluation process these kids are put through its no surprise. Maybe the league needs to tone it down a little in order to keep these guys healthy?

Comment

Sucks that he's done for the season, I really liked his attitude from what I saw/heard.

Comment

The pick gets even better smh

Not his fault but rams another stake through that draft class

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Was Gumby still on the board?
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              We're the Broncos. We would have taken Pokey.
              So funny you guys!! You never disappoint in the laugh department.

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think the best way to solve this is for the NFL to require a warranty on draft picks.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Right. They should have drafted a guy who wouldn't tear a ligament.
                  This.

Sometimes I can't believe the comments I read on these Boards. Like somehow the Broncos should have known that Heuermann was going to tear his ACL, and chosen someone else who wouldn't.

And I guess Jacksonville choosing Fowler at #3 overall was a "wasted pick" because he also tore his ACL, and it's too bad Jacksonville didn't make a "good selection" of someone who had bionic knees.

Amazing.

Comment

Well in all fairness he was/ is coming off an injury already. So in some respects we need to be realistic. Some guys get hurt once and then never again others have the body type but not the body that can withstand a physical game like football. especially at the NFL level. There were other players on the board who were not injured who we could have selected. The Steelers took the guy I wanted Denver to take - Jesse James. As of the time of writing this post he is not hurt

I wish this young man a speedy recovery and I do hope these are just freak injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      Well in all fairness he was/ is coming off an injury already. So in some respects we need to be realistic. Some guys get hurt once and then never again others have the body type but not the body that can withstand a physical game like football. especially at the NFL level. There were other players on the board who were not injured who we could have selected. The Steelers took the guy I wanted Denver to take - Jesse James. As of the time of writing this post he is not hurt

I wish this young man a speedy recovery and I do hope these are just freak injuries
                      It is interesting that his left knee was injured. This is the same leg on which he injured his foot in 2014 after being stepped on.

Is it possible that the ACL injury was a result of some kind of (over-) compensation he made due to his foot injury?

Comment

I just hope the kid makes a full recovery, Adrian Peterson made me look at this in a whole new light. Let's hope we don't see a lot of this in the upcoming season.
                        [sigpic

Comment

lol post of the thread

As for the newsAre you serious Good luck to him making a full recovery, shame for the kid. I feel really bad for him.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                            I think the best way to solve this is for the NFL to require a warranty on draft picks.
                            They have to be good for 3 years or you get another one?

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              The only positive coming out of this is that it will give Heuermann's foot fracture more time to heal.

But, if we learned anything from Quanterus Smith, it's that ACLs can be very problematic. Let's hope that there was no other damage done and that the Broncos surgeon is having a really good day when he operates.

I was just telling myself that the Fowler injury is just part of the game, and now this. I feel bad for those young fellows.
                              I think the difference is Quanterus injured his in college and Heuerman injured his as a Bronco and will be monitored & rehabbed by the same group that brought Von and Chris Harris back from ACL tears to both have Pro Bowl seasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                                Huge blow, probably a wasted pick now and I thought he could have been a good selection

What are these guys doing in these freakin camps?
                                Did you see how Von tore his ACL? No contact just a quick inside move and his leg buckled. Dante Fowler same thing. Injuries are part of football, always will be. If you think about it compared to the number of guys in each camp and the injuries that do happen the numbers are pretty low.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X