Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos have claimed tight end Marcel Jensen and receiver Solomon Patton off waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    to be honest it is quite possible they both do. Marcel is a big guy who is a dual option at TE and loves to block and does so aggressively. Patton stats wise played very well on ST and at this point should likely be considered a front runner to be a PR/KR so long as he meshes well with our coaching staff and systems. The only issue with Patton is that he would be the type of guy Elway specifically stated he didn't want just a few weeks ago. At 5ft9 he is WAAAAY undersized for a WR unless he makes major leaps and becomes a situational slot guy for us.

Some details on Patton:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-957d3886318d
    Off the top of my head Patton is the same size as Steve Smith, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton.....

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    For what its worth, Jensen is the exact same size as Rob Gronkowski, though he definitely seems more like a blocking tight end.

As another poster said, they both have a decent chance to make the team, considering we are thin at both positions.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I think he may have been signed primarily as a Kick/Punt Returner.
    Lord knows we've needed help there... Hope he works out. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Patton is a 5'9" 180lb WR. He will not be beating anyone out at TE or FB.
    Welker is 5'9", though I honestly don't see us as in need of a slot receiver with all the receivers we already have.

My bet he's as Sam suggested, a KR / PR guy that can also be used, if needed as a WR, just like Burse and Norwood.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think he may have been signed primarily as a Kick/Punt Returner.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Patton is a good camp body for us. Not sure if he will beat out some of the guys who can play both TE and FB but who knows which player will adapt to the new system best.

It would be nice to have an explosive return guy but honestly at this point I just want a guy who will not give us negative plays.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Patton is a good camp body for us. Not sure if he will beat out some of the guys who can play both TE and FB but who knows which player will adapt to the new system best.

It would be nice to have an explosive return guy but honestly at this point I just want a guy who will not give us negative plays.
    At 6'6" he'd be kind of large for a FB I'd think.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by drgiggles View Post
    Camp bodies. Competition is a good thing, hope one works out.
    to be honest it is quite possible they both do. Marcel is a big guy who is a dual option at TE and loves to block and does so aggressively. Patton stats wise played very well on ST and at this point should likely be considered a front runner to be a PR/KR so long as he meshes well with our coaching staff and systems. The only issue with Patton is that he would be the type of guy Elway specifically stated he didn't want just a few weeks ago. At 5ft9 he is WAAAAY undersized for a WR unless he makes major leaps and becomes a situational slot guy for us.

Some details on Patton:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-957d3886318d

Leave a comment:

• drgiggles
    replied
    Camp bodies. Competition is a good thing, hope one works out.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos have claimed tight end Marcel Jensen and receiver Solomon Patton off waivers

-Broncos have claimed tight end Marcel Jensen and receiver Solomon Patton off waivers -

"Jensen was waived by the Jaguars by the Jaguars yesterday. He was signed as a undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2014. He appeared in one game and caught one pass for 8 yards. He was released after that game and placed on the teams practice squad.

Jensen stands at 6'6" and comes in at around 270lbs. He'll give the Broncos a big bodied target in the passing game who can also help out as a blocker in the run game. ...

The Broncos also claimed receiver/return man, Solomon Patton off waivers from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers according to the Denver Post's Troy Renck.

Patton was waived by the Buccaneers yesterday. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Bucs last season and made the squad. He was waived by the Bucs in October, but the Arizona Cardinals claimed him off the waivers the next day. Patton was waived by the Cardinals and was picked up again by the Buccaneers in December." ...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/5...en-off-waivers
Working...
X