Max Garcia signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Garcia signed

Broncos signed No. 133 overall pick C Max Garcia to a four-year contract.
    Garcia can play multiple spots on the interior line, but is expected to start out at right guard. The Broncos view Garcia as a versatile fit for Gary Kubiak's zone-blocking system.

Roto
    sigpic

Broncos signed sixth-round DT Darius Kilgo to a four-year contract.
    Kilgo (6'4/320) projects as a zero technique in Denver. He'll compete with Marvin Austin for backup duties behind starting NT Sylvester Williams.
    sigpic

Comment

Very nice. Let's get this competition started.
      Dr. Giggles

Comment

I have a feeling both of these guys will be starters by next year. I know Sly is expected to be the NT going forward, but Kilgo is more experienced and has the ideal size for a NT in our defense.
        RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
        :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
          I have a feeling both of these guys will be starters by next year. I know Sly is expected to be the NT going forward, but Kilgo is more experienced and has the ideal size for a NT in our defense.
          I wouldn't be surprised to see Austin as the starter at NT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I was just about to say the same thing about Williams.

Maybe it is my own wishful thinking but I think Williams will not only start but thrive this year. Very talented young man that will be coming into camp with higher expectations then in the past as Pot Roast's back-up. Time for him to prove the 1st round selection was warranted.

Kilgo and Austin battle it out for the backup role.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              I was just about to say the same thing about Williams.

Maybe it is my own wishful thinking but I think Williams will not only start but thrive this year. Very talented young man that will be coming into camp with higher expectations then in the past as Pot Roast's back-up. Time for him to prove the 1st round selection was warranted.

Kilgo and Austin battle it out for the backup role.
              Sly wasn't Knighton's backup to start the season. He was the starter next to Knighton then lost his job to Malik Jackson.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree. I actually liked the Austin pick up and I see it as a low risk/possible high reward type scenario. If Sly doesn't work out, but Austin/Kilgo do as our NT rotation for the foreseeable future, I see that as a big win.
                RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Sly wasn't Knighton's backup to start the season. He was the starter next to Knighton then lost his job to Malik Jackson.
                  My mistake. I did not remember him as the starter. I was thinking he has been a rotation player up to this point.

Still think he is too talented to give up on. Hopefully he can earn that starting role this year.

Comment

Glad we got these two signed now lets get the rest of the guys signed soon!

Comment

Broncos signed No. 164 overall pick CB Lorenzo Doss to a four-year contract.
                      Doss picked off 15 passes in three years for Tulsa, but has size and athletic limitations. He'll also need to improve his tackling to get on the field in the NFL. Special teams should be Doss' rookie home.
                      sigpic

Comment

Can we rename this thread to signed picks

Or something like that

Comment

Don't we have another guy that lacks ideal size and athletic ability? Chris Harris....that's right he is a probowler. By no means should Doss be mentioned in the same breath yet.....but maybe some day. He's a rookie and hasn't played yet, just hate reading about his lack of this and that. Let's see him play, then judge. I Wish Doss well.
                          Dr. Giggles

Comment

Broncos signed No. 252 overall pick LB/DB Josh Furman to a four-year, $2.33 million contract.
                            One of the final picks of the draft, Furman will have to shine on special teams this summer to earn a spot on the Broncos' 53-man roster.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                              Broncos signed No. 164 overall pick CB Lorenzo Doss to a four-year contract.
                              Doss picked off 15 passes in three years for Tulsa, but has size and athletic limitations. He'll also need to improve his tackling to get on the field in the NFL. Special teams should be Doss' rookie home.
                              I think he went to Tulane
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X