C.J. Anderson reports to OTAs weighing 221 pounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.J. Anderson reports to OTAs weighing 221 pounds

C.J. Anderson reported to Broncos OTAs weighing 221 pounds, down more than 20 from the 2014 offseason.
    Anderson shed the weight by "modifying his diet, and running hills and tracks in Colorado and California." Anderson weighed 243 at last year's OTAs. He finished the 2014 season weighing 223, and has now shed two more pounds. Anderson said his summer plan is to "lose even a little more weight," cutting out burgers and ice cream and replacing them with chicken and fish. "Sometimes it tastes like I am eating the same thing everyday," acknowledged Anderson, "but I know what it's going to do for me and the team in the long run."

Source: Denver Post Jun 1 - 10:16 PM
    sigpic

This team will win the Super Bowl if everyone had the attitude of CJ

Comment

I think we may have something special with CJ Anderson if he can stay healthy. go Broncos!
      Dr. Giggles

Comment

I said the same thing about Juwan Thompson as I did when C.j arrived. First they will both make the roster and 2nd they are gonna be great players. C.J. got his shot last season and I think we can all agree that we could not have asked for a better effort and result from him. Now I am hoping we see the two aggressive runners out there. Ball did show the ability to do great things in his rookie season but has to prove a lot this season.

I hope C.J has not hurt his ability to shed and drive through tackles by losing the wight.

Comment

Wait I thought he was chubby?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            I said the same thing about Juwan Thompson as I did when C.j arrived. First they will both make the roster and 2nd they are gonna be great players. C.J. got his shot last season and I think we can all agree that we could not have asked for a better effort and result from him. Now I am hoping we see the two aggressive runners out there. Ball did show the ability to do great things in his rookie season but has to prove a lot this season.

I hope C.J has not hurt his ability to shed and drive through tackles by losing the wight.
            He's only 2 lb's under his finishing weight last season and he did just fine at the end of the year. I think he'll be ok.
            sigpic

Comment

It was great to see a Bronco RB finally make a few plays...

Looking forward to seeing what CJ does this year.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                The way he played against the Colts in the playoffs said a lot about his will to win and determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                  The way he played against the Colts in the playoffs said a lot about his will to win and determination.
                  That's really what set CJ apart IMO. He was basically the only guy out there who wasn't giving up. Love the guy's attitude!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    I love this kid. I am excited to see what he does this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                      It was great to see a Bronco RB finally make a few plays...

Looking forward to seeing what CJ does this year.
                      CJ (& company) will light it up in the old Broncos-style ZBS.

Comment

CJ said today he feels like hes able to cut better and gash with the weight off. He feels good at 220 and felt tired with more weight on.

IDC, weigh 265 for all I care, just keep pounding the rock
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          CJ said today he feels like hes able to cut better and gash with the weight off. He feels good at 220 and felt tired with more weight on.

IDC, weigh 265 for all I care, just keep pounding the rock
                          Iirc that 268 is Duncan the FB/TE.

Comment

Can't wait to see C.J. Anderson in action, especially against the Bears. I also have high expectations for Juwan Thompson if the coaching staff is able to put Montee Ball's draft status aside.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              Can't wait to see C.J. Anderson in action, especially against the Bears. I also have high expectations for Juwan Thompson if the coaching staff is able to put Montee Ball's draft status aside.
                              IIRC Ball led the nation in yardage and TDs in the ZBS scheme they used in college.

If anything I suspect Ball will excel also.

But I have been a CJ fan from day one.

It should be good to have three plus qualities RBs.

Comment

Working...
                              X