Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    The longest run in 2014 was by Juwan Thompson. It was a weak side run to the left with Orlando Franklin throwing the key block in an unbalanced line look. Juwan made some nice moves and ran through some tackles for 47 yards.

The second longest run in 2014 was a 37 yarder by Ronnie Hillman. C.J. had a 27 yarder and Montee had a 23.

The longest run of 2013 was a 45 yarder by Montee Ball at KC. The key block was thrown by Virgil Green on Dontari Poe. Knowshon had a 31 yarder that year.

Willis McGahee and Ronnie Hillman had 31 yarders in 2012. The longest run in 2011 was a 60 yarder at Oakland by Willis McGahee. It came from the tandem tackle over unbalanced line formation in a Single Wing Look.
    Last edited by samparnell; 06-05-2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: clarification

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Stewart did have a few carries last year which looked good. And I agree with your comment at this stage year 3 (last season) and going into year 4 I had expected Hillman to simply do better. Now part of me wonders if Gase had more of an imagination for plays that Hillman may have succeeded more. However the other part of me says why keep a guy like Hillman when we can likely find a different RB who can play more at the level of Thompson, Anderson & Ball and can play a more well rounded game....It becomes a question of value. Does a player who can only be used sparingly make sense taking up a roster spot instead of a player who can be used in multiple situations. I say multiple situations is better, personally.
    Hill an has been touted as the COP RB. But so far he has not broken a big run for a TD whereas the others all have had as good a long TD as he has. (Going off of me sort on this ) might be wrong. But Anderson pulled off a spectacular catch and run for a BIG TD last year that sparked IMO a lethargic team up to that point.

Was IMO the turning point in the game.

Let be me straight with everyone. I like big backs 220 PLUS. I'll take the average 4 yards all day long. Wear that defense down until later in the fourth they are dog tired and just wanting to get off the field. That is when those 4 Yarders become 8-10 yards at a clip.

I just do not see smaller than 220 back able to do that consistently. They flat can not take the pounding that a 5'8" 220 pounder can.

Let those LB and Safeties get hit by the bigger backs a day and they just can not deal with it. Then the tired arm tackles happen.

If our OL can open holes then we have a chance to make some long afternoons for defenses.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-24af309ff042

Listen to this video. This kid is amazing. His attitude, confidence and will to win is really infectious. He said a statement that really got to me. We all said that he was one of the guys who played his heart out, especially in the divisional game. At section 6:49 His take, "I feel I left a lot out there. At the end of the day, I didn't do enough to win the game and I feel responsible for that. I didn't get in the EZ. That's unacceptable. I need to get better."

Wow, we are feeling like he was the one who put it all out there and he is feeling like he didn't do enough. Gotta love this guy.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 06-04-2015, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    Ball was injured most of last year between the appendectomy and then the groin pulls (twice ) he was not his normal self.
    As for Hillman sorry I did not see anything special out of him.
    Maybe Kubes can find a spot for him but I like Bibbs and the other guy better.
    Stewart did have a few carries last year which looked good. And I agree with your comment at this stage year 3 (last season) and going into year 4 I had expected Hillman to simply do better. Now part of me wonders if Gase had more of an imagination for plays that Hillman may have succeeded more. However the other part of me says why keep a guy like Hillman when we can likely find a different RB who can play more at the level of Thompson, Anderson & Ball and can play a more well rounded game....It becomes a question of value. Does a player who can only be used sparingly make sense taking up a roster spot instead of a player who can be used in multiple situations. I say multiple situations is better, personally.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    people seem to forget about hillman too though. I guess I often forget just how young he was, but I kinda assumed he was a bust. However we should probably remember he looked much better running last year when he got playing time than ball did, and he was really what sparked our running game.

It wasnt until hillman got injured that cj ended up being the guy.
    Ball was injured most of last year between the appendectomy and then the groin pulls (twice ) he was not his normal self.
    As for Hillman sorry I did not see anything special out of him.
    Maybe Kubes can find a spot for him but I like Bibbs and the other guy better.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    You're referring to a different coaching staff who clearly miss-evaluated some of our players. What i have failed to understand is why Hillman has not be used in a return game since has has not performed overly well as a RB. To directly respond to the question of age...yes he was very young when drafted but years of experience in the league should correct that....and it didn't.
    100% agree. I think with a training camp worth of training he might be an awesome KR/PR

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    people seem to forget about hillman too though. I guess I often forget just how young he was, but I kinda assumed he was a bust. However we should probably remember he looked much better running last year when he got playing time than ball did, and he was really what sparked our running game.

You're referring to a different coaching staff who clearly miss-evaluated some of our players. What i have failed to understand is why Hillman has not be used in a return game since has has not performed overly well as a RB. To directly respond to the question of age...yes he was very young when drafted but years of experience in the league should correct that....and it didn't.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    CJ was pretty much a star every game he played last season. He made some amazing plays, and I love his ability to create yards. Plus his attitude is outstanding! I have to admit, I did not see it coming. Now I'm sold!!!

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    IIRC Ball led the nation in yardage and TDs in the ZBS scheme they used in college.

If anything I suspect Ball will excel also.

But I have been a CJ fan from day one.

It should be good to have three plus qualities RBs.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Can't wait to see C.J. Anderson in action, especially against the Bears. I also have high expectations for Juwan Thompson if the coaching staff is able to put Montee Ball's draft status aside.
    IIRC Ball led the nation in yardage and TDs in the ZBS scheme they used in college.

If anything I suspect Ball will excel also.

But I have been a CJ fan from day one.

It should be good to have three plus qualities RBs.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Can't wait to see C.J. Anderson in action, especially against the Bears. I also have high expectations for Juwan Thompson if the coaching staff is able to put Montee Ball's draft status aside.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    CJ said today he feels like hes able to cut better and gash with the weight off. He feels good at 220 and felt tired with more weight on.

IDC, weigh 265 for all I care, just keep pounding the rock
    Iirc that 268 is Duncan the FB/TE.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    CJ said today he feels like hes able to cut better and gash with the weight off. He feels good at 220 and felt tired with more weight on.

IDC, weigh 265 for all I care, just keep pounding the rock

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    It was great to see a Bronco RB finally make a few plays...

Looking forward to seeing what CJ does this year.
    CJ (& company) will light it up in the old Broncos-style ZBS.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    This team will win the Super Bowl if everyone had the attitude of CJ
    I love this kid. I am excited to see what he does this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X