Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Must Plan For Post Manning Era

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...er-this-season

Good read, I've read in a few different articles that Brock has been looking good in OTA's.

Good read.

I like his skill set and attitude.

His attitude has been great while playing behind Manning and has not had one single off field incident; DUI, domestic charge, night club fight, etc. He's obviously intelligent and biding his time. Attitude and intelligence go a long way for me. It shows he has the aptitude to improve and work at his game.

His skill set is also good; mobile, strong arm.

The problem is that he has had very limited PT and people expect him to look like some sort of world beater in the preseason. I will concede that he hasn't lit the world on fire, but he has definitely had several throws and scrambles in his short playing time that at least give me hope.

It remains all to be seen. I think he has a good chance to be a quality starter given his natural ability, intelligence, and skill set. We shall see.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      Good read.

His attitude has been great while playing behind Manning and has not had one single off field incident; DUI, domestic charge, night club fight, etc. He's obviously intelligent and biding his time. Attitude and intelligence go a long way for me. It shows he has the aptitude to improve and work at his game.

The problem is that he has had very limited PT and people expect him to look like some sort of world beater in the preseason. I will concede that he hasn't lit the world on fire, but he has definitely had several throws and scrambles in his short playing time that at least give me hope.

It remains all to be seen. I think he has a good chance to be a quality starter given his natural ability, intelligence, and skill set. We shall see.
      Agreed, I also think Kubiak is the perfect coach for Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        Agreed, I also think Kubiak is the perfect coach for Brock.
        Yes. I think Kubiak is an excellent QB coach and Brock definitely fits the mold for his offense. I'm excited to see the kid when/if he gets his shot.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          Good read.

I dont think anyone is expecting him to look like a pro bowl qb. However in 3 years of preseason he has thrown I think 2 touchdowns? sure maybe 1 was dropped but I have seen rookies come into preseason and look sharper.

That doesnt mean he will be bad, but the guy hasnt even shown any flashes of being good yet.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brock-o...4094--nfl.html

Comment

Oz is in a great situation. I think he fits better into Kubiaks system better than Manning. I mentioned in another post, there will be no "tweaking" Kubiaks offense for Oz like tailoring to Manning. I am thankful for Peyton, all he's accomplished, and hopefully will enjoy this years ride with him. But I kinda hope to see Oz some and going forward.
              Dr. Giggles

Comment

Im an Osweiler fan for sure. Love the news coming out of OTA's.

So if we do believe he is the QB of the future, what would be a fair contract extension for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post

So if we do believe he is the QB of the future, what would be a fair contract extension for him?
                  That's a good question. I could see a two year deal or something of that nature. There are so many variables, who's to say Manning won't play two more years? It seems to me Kubiak likes Oz a lot, and that's good for Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post

I'd say 3yrs $12 mil
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      That's a good question. I could see a two year deal or something of that nature. There are so many variables, who's to say Manning won't play two more years? It seems to me Kubiak likes Oz a lot, and that's good for Brock.
                      Unless he is not invited back or the OL craps the bed this year and show not sign of getting better, then I believe that Manning will come back for another year.

Especially if they get him some rest during the year and he shares reps with OZ, there are way to many Records for him to put out of sight yet and as long as he is productive there would be no reason for him not to come back.

Comment

Brock was a bit of a project coming in. Everything Manning excels at, was what Brock needed to work at. Our system was predicated on timing and accuracy, and didn't emphasize deep passes. Brock has essentially spent the last 3 years fixing his biggest flaws. Brock is now in a system that can emphasize his arm and athleticism. We have yet to see the best system Brock can fit in, and Brock still is in his learning curve. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brock playing exponentially better the next two seasons.

As for an extension, after Rodgers took the helm he has a good year, and that netted him a 6y 65m contract. I could see around a 3y 24-25m contract.
                        Last edited by the0rangecrush; 06-02-2015, 03:43 PM.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Brock was a bit of a project coming in. Everything Manning excels at, was what Brock needed to work at. Our system was predicated on timing and accuracy, and didn't emphasize deep passes. Brock has essentially spent the last 3 years fixing his biggest flaws. Brock is now in a system that can emphasize his arm and athleticism. We have yet to see the best system Brock can fit in, and Brock still is in his learning curve. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brock playing exponentially better the next two seasons.

As for an extension, after Rodgers took the helm he has a good year, and that netted him a 6y 65m contract. I could see around a 3y 24-25m contract.
                          not sure what he gets as an extention.

the contracts go from 11.4 (brady) up to 22 (rogers) but then goes from 5.5 (luck) down to 2 mil (manziel) as average money.

with loads in between

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

He is not in the 10+ range but certainly more than Manzeil

I do not see him getting more than 5 a year as it stands now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                            not sure what he gets as an extention.

the contracts go from 11.4 (brady) up to 22 (rogers) but then goes from 5.5 (luck) down to 2 mil (manziel) as average money.

with loads in between

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

He is not in the 10+ range but certainly more than Manzeil

I do not see him getting more than 5 a year as it stands now.
                            IMO his floor will be Flynn's deal when he left for SEA 3y 20.5M. Starting QBs are going to be paid.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I've yet to see the guy play well in actual game situations. I think before shelling out millions, our FO would be wise to see how he does this next year and then make a decision. A lot of players are looking good this time of year. Let's see what happens when the pads are on and it really counts for something.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X