Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    with respect.

so you are ok paying him $950K for 160 touches this year. 6000 dollar a touch?

somone that has been hurt and not able to play in one third of the games he has been paid for?

when we have others that can probably handle more than 10 touches a game

Code:
    22 	Anderson, C.J. 	RB 	5-8 	224	24	3 	California
    28 	Ball, Montee 	RB 	5-10 	215	24	3 	Wisconsin
    35 	Bibbs, Kapri 	RB 	5-11 	203	22	2 	Colorado State
    23 	Hillman, Ronnie 	RB 	5-10 	195	23	4 	San Diego State
    27 	Stewart, Jeremy 	RB 	5-11 	215	26	4 	Stanford
    40 	Thompson, Juwan 	RB 	5-11 	225	23	2 	Duke
    all of which are 8-30 pounds bigger, IMO bigger handles hits better (see his 33.3% hurt rate).

Sorry I do not see the need unless we lose someone in TC.

If you look at:
    Thompson his long run was 47 yards.

Ball 23 and 45

Anderson 27 51

Sorry I do not see that take it to the house LOSS by keeping the other Rb's and saving the money.
    If we cut him we get 750kish in cap space. I think Kubiak and Dennison can get more then 750k worth of production from Hillman if they use him the way Sproles is used when he is effective.

If we plan on coninued running between the tackles on power run plays like Gase did with him then we should cut him. Then again if that is all we planned on using him for then why did we draft him in the first place?

Also if your beef is how few carries no one else on the roster besides Hillman and CJ could handle even 60 carries with their talent and/or endurance

People want to "hope" what Ball or Thompson can do but they seem to adandon all "hope" for Hillman who was our 2nd best back in 2015

IMO Hillman's potential is much more obvious then Ball's. Thompson needs more work imo to evaulate properly. Nearly 1/5 of his yards (47 out of 271) came on 1 of his 54 carries.

All have potential imo tho....I just do not get the Hillman hate like he is the worst back on the roster when that is far from obvious
    Last edited by Hadez; 06-12-2015, 01:22 PM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      If we cut him we get 750kish in cap space. I think Kubiak and Dennison can get more then 750k worth of production from Hillman if they use him the way Sproles is used when he is effective.

If we plan on coninued running between the tackles on power run plays like Gase did with him then we should cut him. Then again if that is all we planned on using him for then why did we draft him in the first place?

Also if your beef is how few carries no one else on the roster besides Hillman and CJ could handle even 60 carries with their talent and/or endurance

People want to "hope" what Ball or Thompson can do but they seem to adandon all "hope" for Hillman who was our 2nd best back in 2015

IMO Hillman's potential is much more obvious then Ball's. Thompson needs more work imo to evaulate properly. Nearly 1/5 of his yards (47 out of 271) came on 1 of his 54 carries.

All have potential imo tho....I just do not get the Hillman hate like he is the worst back on the roster when that is far from obvious
      You have some solid points.

I have zero idea why he wAs drafted. Maybe with hopes he could be a return guy as well. Remember he was getting advise from Fox and IIRC Mc Coy when he was picked.

Outside of that I have no clue on what they saw in him.

You are correct if they try and use him Up the gut cut him tomorrow. As he has shown zero ability to make a freaking decision on making a cut.

I do not hate him. I just do not see this take it to the house thought process everyone raves about. The other backs have done as we or better than he has with less carries.

What I do hate is the take it to the house comments OMG if we cut him we will not have a COP back.

If the others have good long runs the. What is the need to keep him. He is a wasted roster spot and BTW it is $770K we save.

If all the RBs come thru TC ok the three youngest backs show up and perform Then IMO he should be traded or one of the last cuts.

No hate just the others are JUST as good longer term options as he will be a UFA at seasons end.

Comment

Working...
      X