John Bowlen arrested on domestic violence charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bowlen arrested on domestic violence charges

Recently, it doesn't seem to be the off-season without someone being arrested. smh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...olence-charges

Domestic violence sure is getting a lot of press/publicity lately... and rightly so.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Idiot! Glad to see he is on indefinite suspension by the club.

Hope they set a nice example with him and let him mull over his behavior for the season.

Comment

Oh for the love of Pete. Glad he is suspended.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

This is why I would like to see NFL teams be taken Public, where there is some level of accountability provided by a Board of Directors. Similar to Green Bay.

Having been in Denver since 1968, I've seen all the Broncos owners. Pat Bowlen has been a great owner. Hell, I liked Edgar Kaiser. And I thought Gerald Phipps was a class act. But, the idea of the Broncos passing into the hands of people who really don't care about the team, didn't earn the money to buy the team, and are getting the team simply through inheritance, seems to me to be a problem.

And it's not just Denver. Several Owners have died recently. Bud Adams, Al Davis, Ralph Wilson, William Ford, etc......, and I think it should be a concern to the NFL that there is no real accountability other than something like this where Bowlens kid is suspended. And I say "kid". Hell, this little "kid" is a 29 year old supposedly grown man. He sure as hell isn't acting like it. But I guess that comes from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and feeling some level of entitlement.

Just like everybody on this planet, Pat Bowlen is going to die. And probably sooner rather than later. And I know he has other of his kids working for the Broncos, and maybe that sort of "nepotism" will work out in the long run. But, this is a $Billion dollar company, like all NFL franchises, and I'd like to see them be more accountable to the fans, AND the Taxpayers who provide the venue where these owners make their fortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Oh for the love of Pete. Glad he is suspended.
            Who's Pete?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              This is why I would like to see NFL teams be taken Public, where there is some level of accountability provided by a Board of Directors. Similar to Green Bay.

Having been in Denver since 1968, I've seen all the Broncos owners. Pat Bowlen has been a great owner. Hell, I liked Edgar Kaiser. And I thought Gerald Phipps was a class act. But, the idea of the Broncos passing into the hands of people who really don't care about the team, didn't earn the money to buy the team, and are getting the team simply through inheritance, seems to me to be a problem.

And it's not just Denver. Several Owners have died recently. Bud Adams, Al Davis, Ralph Wilson, William Ford, etc......, and I think it should be a concern to the NFL that there is no real accountability other than something like this where Bowlens kid is suspended. And I say "kid". Hell, this little "kid" is a 29 year old supposedly grown man. He sure as hell isn't acting like it. But I guess that comes from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and feeling some level of entitlement.

Just like everybody on this planet, Pat Bowlen is going to die. And probably sooner rather than later. And I know he has other of his kids working for the Broncos, and maybe that sort of "nepotism" will work out in the long run. But, this is a $Billion dollar company, like all NFL franchises, and I'd like to see them be more accountable to the fans, AND the Taxpayers who provide the venue where these owners make their fortunes.
              Grown men acting like idiots has nothing to do with whether or not you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Just look at the multiple police reports from the players side. The majority came from humble beginnings and supposedly "made it". Also consider the various recent riots, teacher walk outs, demands for ridiculous wage increases for a real "sense of entitlement" . Why don't they have to be accountable for their actions to society?

John acted like a fool if all the reports are correct. He was suspended. I agree he is a poor representative for the Broncos. But I have no issues with the Bowlen family inheriting the family business and the spoils of their efforts, Even if it was the father that did the heavy lifting. I only hope the other six kids act more responsibly and are higher in line to lead the team moving forward.

Comment

What an embarrassment for the family. Hope he gets his head on straight and stays out of all things Broncos. Hopefully some of his siblings can honor Pat better than this. Seems unlikely that the Bowlens would sell, but I would love for Elway to get a group together to buy the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  Seems unlikely that the Bowlens would sell, but I would love for Elway to get a group together to buy the Broncos.
                  I never even considered this option...it would be fantastic! Realistically though, if members of the family didn't want to be involved as a hands-on owner, they'd most likely retain ownership (and profits) and let Elway run the whole show
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Who's Pete?
                    Pete Bowlen.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

Hahaha he said "I'm the blood of this city", and like, 4/5ths of the city said "who the heck is John Bowlen?"
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Hahaha he said "I'm the blood of this city", and like, 4/5ths of the city said "who the heck is John Bowlen?"
                        Illusions of grandeur found inside a bottle of Jack Daniels!
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          Grown men acting like idiots has nothing to do with whether or not you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Just look at the multiple police reports from the players side. The majority came from humble beginnings and supposedly "made it". Also consider the various recent riots, teacher walk outs, demands for ridiculous wage increases for a real "sense of entitlement" . Why don't they have to be accountable for their actions to society?

John acted like a fool if all the reports are correct. He was suspended. I agree he is a poor representative for the Broncos. But I have no issues with the Bowlen family inheriting the family business and the spoils of their efforts, Even if it was the father that did the heavy lifting. I only hope the other six kids act more responsibly and are higher in line to lead the team moving forward.
                          Amen brother your preaching to this choir.

Tired of those that do not have want to take from those that do.

Although I do get tired of hearing about rich kids not understanding responsibility.

If he is truly guilty then max his fine and jail time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                            I never even considered this option...it would be fantastic! Realistically though, if members of the family didn't want to be involved as a hands-on owner, they'd most likely retain ownership (and profits) and let Elway run the whole show
                            This is probably the thing that will happen. Once Pat is gone.

Comment

Did he really assault this woman? 2 misdemeanors? Big deal(unless he hurt the woman)

The 911 call makes him sound entitled and immature and delusional to a degree, but did he do something that terrible? I dunno yet. Maybe the chic is a manipulative divisive woman - maybe she is a complete 'victim'

Disclaimer: True Story - I'm watching the movie Gone Girl as I write this post too so I might be a little swayed at the moment.

At the end of the day, he looks like a fool. But I'm not going to take him to task till we hear from the 'victim' and find out the whole story. Either way, it's a losing situation for Johnny
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X