Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Peyton Manning: I love being coached

- Broncos' Peyton Manning: I love being coached -

"Accidents do happen, life is proof of that.

They just don’t happen all that often when Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning talks. At least when he talks in a cameras-recorders-notebooks setting about football.

The narrative swirling around Manning since he suffered a thigh injury in December and the Broncos were unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs last January, since he had another 39th birthday and the Broncos hired Gary Kubiak as the team’s coach, is that Manning is used to doing things one way and Kubiak’s version of the West Coast offense doesn’t fit him. ...

Last week, as the Broncos opened Phase 3 of their offseason program -- the first time 11-on-11 drills, with offense vs. defense is allowed in offseason -- Manning reaffirmed his stance.

"I feel that whatever they ask me to do, I can do," Manning said on May 27 and added later; "I love being coached. I get angry when I’m not coached. I ask a lot of questions and certainly appreciate any insight and feedback. I think if you ever stop listening to coaching or stop asking questions, you probably need to be doing something else. This is the kind of time for it." ...

"He’s a funny guy, we have a good time," Dennison said. "But he’s very smart. He keeps you on task and on your toes. He asks you a lot of questions, which is great ... All good players that I’ve ever been around -- great players -- loved to be coached." ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...he-same-points

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
    - Broncos' Peyton Manning: I love being coached -

"Accidents do happen, life is proof of that.

They just don’t happen all that often when Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning talks. At least when he talks in a cameras-recorders-notebooks setting about football.

The narrative swirling around Manning since he suffered a thigh injury in December and the Broncos were unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs last January, since he had another 39th birthday and the Broncos hired Gary Kubiak as the team’s coach, is that Manning is used to doing things one way and Kubiak’s version of the West Coast offense doesn’t fit him. ...

Last week, as the Broncos opened Phase 3 of their offseason program -- the first time 11-on-11 drills, with offense vs. defense is allowed in offseason -- Manning reaffirmed his stance.

"I feel that whatever they ask me to do, I can do," Manning said on May 27 and added later; "I love being coached. I get angry when I’m not coached. I ask a lot of questions and certainly appreciate any insight and feedback. I think if you ever stop listening to coaching or stop asking questions, you probably need to be doing something else. This is the kind of time for it." ...

"He’s a funny guy, we have a good time," Dennison said. "But he’s very smart. He keeps you on task and on your toes. He asks you a lot of questions, which is great ... All good players that I’ve ever been around -- great players -- loved to be coached." ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...he-same-points
    yes I'm sure he does love to be coached and is embracing this new challenge. however I am in the crowd that thinks he may just not have the physical tools to be able to run this offense. I hope he proves us wrong. Go Broncos!
    Dr. Giggles

Comment

This sounds great and is 180 degrees from the past 3 years where it seemed Peyton was doing all the coaching
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by drgiggles View Post
        yes I'm sure he does love to be coached and is embracing this new challenge. however I am in the crowd that thinks he may just not have the physical tools to be able to run this offense. I hope he proves us wrong. Go Broncos!
        After all the articles and all the material available this offseason for some reason it still surprised me that people think Kubiak is the kind of coach who tries to push square pegs into round holes.

Guess people just have become so use to that kind of coaching around here for so long

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
        This sounds great and is 180 degrees from the past 3 years where it seemed Peyton was doing all the coaching
        Agreed
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          After all the articles and all the material available this offseason for some reason it still surprised me that people think Kubiak is the kind of coach who tries to push square pegs into round holes.

Guess people just have become so use to that kind of coaching around here for so long

Agreed
          Got to remember that those that hate/dislike PM or love OZ do not care about the change in coaching.

Some really have agendas others well they just want to move on.

Comment

Working...
          X