Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of new Broncos coaches say it loud(er) and proud

- Some of new Broncos coaches say it loud(er) and proud -

"The Denver Broncos are the only team in the league that has won four consecutive division titles and is sporting a new coaching staff.

They have a roster littered with Pro Bowl players -- eight played in the game and 11 were selected last year either in the initial voting or as injury replacements -- who are used to winning, having gone 38-10 over the last three seasons, 46-18 over the last four years.

And while opinions vary about whether coaches’ volume translates into wins, as the Broncos continue through their offseason program in at least some get-to-know-you fashion for the players and coaches, it’s clear the festivities are louder.

“I think it’s been cool,’’ linebacker Steven Johnson said. “Our coaching staff, they’ve got a great mixture of rowdy, rowdy yelling and just chilling around, ‘just do your job.’ But all in all, our coaching staff has done a great job so far relaying all the information to us, even in the meetings and stuff like that, even out there on the practice field and coach (Gary) Kubiak is a great coach too. I can just tell that he demands a lot. He always says he welcomes your personality but he demands your work, and when we go out there, he does demand your work.’’" ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...uder-and-proud

this is exactly why Kubiak and this staff were brought in. a change in attitude along the lines of what John Elway was talking about kicking and screaming. I am very excited to see this attitude translate to our on the field play. Go Broncos!
    Dr. Giggles

Comment

I can feel the fire!

Comment

Is it strange that reading all this really has me missing the old Shanny days? I can only hope thats what Kubes is bringing back to the team.

Comment

A coaching staff that coaches.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            A coaching staff that coaches.
            Imagine that?
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
              Is it strange that reading all this really has me missing the old Shanny days? I can only hope thats what Kubes is bringing back to the team.
              Depends, how old are the Shanny days? Strange if you are missing 2006-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Depends, how old are the Shanny days? Strange if you are missing 2006-2008
                A run first team that had a fire and played disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                  A run first team that had a fire and played disciplined.
                  So pre-Cutler Shanahan. I miss those teams too. Despite the loss to Pittsburgh in the AFC chamionship, 2005 remains my favorite post-Elway Broncos team.

Comment

Kicking and screaming all the way to the Super Bowl
                    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I know this is a topic of debate but here is where I think previous coaches lost players

It is the same old balance. Former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan once said players are far more flexible in how the coaching message gets delivered if “they believe what you say is helping them become a better player. The minute they don’t think what you’re telling them is helping them it doesn’t matter how you’re delivering because they’ll probably tune you out.’’
                      Or in the case of players like Jake Plummer...they do believe they need to be a better player
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Imagine that?
                        I'm imagining it. Seems nice.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

They should say it louder and prouder, they know what it takes and have been there.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Kubiak's record as a head coach kind of shows that his approach isn't necessarily effective. He did get fired in-season.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Kubiak's record as a head coach kind of shows that his approach isn't necessarily effective. He did get fired in-season.
                              There are NFL coaches who have been much more successful with their second team. Kubiak may fall into that category. He is in the best possible situation for success.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X