X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller looks forward to his next career as a chicken farmer

- Von Miller looks forward to his next career as a chicken farmer -

Poultry Science. Who knew?

"Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller is an exceptional football player, and a pretty unique personality too.

He often expresses this with his collection of cowboy hats (and other hats too) but it's more than just fashion. How many other great pass rushers do you know dream of retiring to be a chicken farmer?

In a talk with Yahoo Sports, Miller outlined his current hobby and future job raising chickens. Miller's major at Texas A&M was in poultry science, and it wasn't just a major so he could get some blow-off classes. Miller said he already has a small chicken coop, with about 3,000 square feet of backyard space and 40-50 chickens.

"That's what Miller Farms is, it's humble beginnings right now," said Miller, who said he has chicken tattoos, too." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...133501415.html

I actually really glad to hear of Miller's post-NFL plans. Too often we hear of the guys that don't and many of those that end in some kind of trouble one way or the other.

The Sports Illustrated story from 2009 that estimated 60% of NBA go broke within five years of retirement comes to mind. The same story said about 78% of NFL players go broke or are in major financial trouble within two years of retirement. Yikes!

My only hope is that he doesn't have visions of chicken farming during a game similar to Maximus' visions in Gladiator.

Comment

Yeah he has some fried chicken tattooed on his arm. The dude is passionate about poultry it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        I actually really glad to hear of Miller's post-NFL plans. Too often we hear of the guys that don't and many of those that end in some kind of trouble one way or the other.

The Sports Illustrated story from 2009 that estimated 60% of NBA go broke within five years of retirement comes to mind. The same story said about 78% of NFL players go broke or are in major financial trouble within two years of retirement. Yikes!

My only hope is that he doesn't have visions of chicken farming during a game similar to Maximus' visions in Gladiator.

That is a great pix.

Comment

Working...
        X