Starting OL set for camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting OL set for camp

"Gary Kubiak said he has settled on O-Line going into training camp - LT Sambrailo LG Garland C Gradkowski RG Vasquez RT Clark #9News"

Per Klis
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I expect Garcia to eventually take over at center. If Clark can regain the form he had in 2013 I think that actually isn't a bad look.
    A book I wrote

Comment

Well, I truly hope Sambrailo's experience is a plus for him but I believe he might not be strong enough yet to hold off a strong edge rush.

Clark at RT: haven't we tried this experiment before?

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Well, I truly hope Sambrailo's experience is a plus for him but I believe he might not be strong enough yet to hold off a strong edge rush.

Clark at RT: haven't we tried this experiment before?

We'll see.
        True Clark was pretty horrendous last year. I always thought he would be a better fit in a zone scheme but we'll see if that's the case over the next couple months.
        A book I wrote

Comment

I think I just popped in my pants a little bit.

Garland may be alright in this scheme. Can't wait to see him play. I think we'll be ok at C with Geno or Garcia.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            I think I just popped in my pants a little bit.

Garland may be alright in this scheme. Can't wait to see him play. I think we'll be ok at C with Geno or Garcia.
            K, I meant to say pooped and now I can't edit it cuz I'm on mobile.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Things can change when the pads come on, we shall see how it shakes out in week 1
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I'm excited for Garland, got a chance to talk to him before a game last year and he left a good impression on me. Super nice guy, wish him the best

Comment

I'd like to see Sambrailo and Clark competing at LT, with Schofield and Harris competing at RT. Though the coaches are saying the competition goes on, the final setup must be decided as soon as possible because the 5 starters need some time to work together.

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                  I expect Garcia to eventually take over at center. If Clark can regain the form he had in 2013 I think that actually isn't a bad look.
                  Looks like Paradis is the #2 center and Garcia is working at guard, so it's more improbable than not () that Garcia will win the job at center.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    "Gary Kubiak said he has settled on O-Line going into training camp - LT Sambrailo LG Garland C Gradkowski RG Vasquez RT Clark #9News"

Per Klis
                    Per Klis enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      I'd like to see Sambrailo and Clark competing at LT, with Schofield and Harris competing at RT. Though the coaches are saying the competition goes on, the final setup must be decided as soon as possible because the 5 starters need some time to work together.

Looks like Paradis is the #2 center and Garcia is working at guard, so it's more improbable than not () that Garcia will win the job at center.
                      I totally agree the longer they work together the better.

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                        what form would that be? Getting beat consistently and not being able to handle anyone 1-on-1?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          what form would that be? Getting beat consistently and not being able to handle anyone 1-on-1?
                          Coach, what's up? In all fairness I think Clark played better at LT than he did at RT.

Btw, you didn't ask for my sage wisdom during this year's mock draft.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            Always keeping it positive SB2010! You should call Kubiak and explain to him your concerns.
                            Ever heard of Rick Wagner? 5th round pick by Baltimore who started 2 games in 2013 and then when Kubiak came in as the OC he put him at RT as the starter and the guy was one of the best in the league last year. Don't under estimate Kubiak or his system. You would have doubted Schelreth, and Harry Swanye but both were huge contributers as staters on our 1998 team.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Always keeping it positive SB2010! You should call Kubiak and explain to him your concerns.
                              Ever heard of Rick Wagner? 5th round pick by Baltimore who started 2 games in 2013 and then when Kubiak came in as the OC he put him at RT as the starter and the guy was one of the best in the league last year. Don't under estimate Kubiak or his system. You would have doubted Schelreth, and Harry Swanye but both were huge contributers as staters on our 1998 team.
                              Maybe this hill isn't worth dying on?

SB2010 is correct. Clark filled in but we always had help on his side, whether a TE or Moreno, etc. Additionally our running game suffered on that side as well. Left on his own he was pretty bad.

I really do hope Kubiak sees something that he can finesse out of Clark, but for now I'll take the wait and see approach.

Comment

Working...
                              X