Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning rolls with the changes in Denver

- Peyton Manning rolls with the changes in Denver -

"Although he won't have to deal with AARP solicitations for another decade, Peyton Manning is certainly more of a graybeard quarterback than a greenhorn at age 39.

Still, the Denver Broncos star took exception Wednesday when he was asked more than once about being old, at least by NFL standards.

''You all keep using that word,'' Manning countered playfully. ''There's got to be a synonym out there. Growing?''

Seasoned.

Experienced.

Savvy.

Mature.

''Yeah, all of those,'' Manning said. ''I like those. Good stuff.''

At any rate, Manning said that with all the changes going on in Denver, he sure doesn't feel like a venerable veteran." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peyton-...4928--nfl.html

I know most people only can handle thinking about the known

Wish more would consider the possibility of PM taking his current skill sets (specially the ability to change plays at the LoS) and mixing it with Kubiaks ability to design run plays and pass plays that are effective with the same players on the field (unlike how Gase had to put 6 OL on the field).

That alone has the potential to make this offense better then any offense we have seen in Denver since we won Super Bowls. We may not put up the numbers we did a couple years ago but the offense has the potential to take over a game like how the offense of those 97 and 98 teams took over a game.

Would much rather have an offense that takes the ball with a one score lead in the early fourth quarter....keeps the ball 10 mins and scores a TD. As opposed to an offense that scores quickly and puts the defense on the field plus has no clue where its run game is when it needs to milk the clock so it ends up punting the ball when we try to run the clock out.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I know most people only can handle thinking about the known

Wish more would consider the possibility of PM taking his current skill sets (specially the ability to change plays at the LoS) and mixing it with Kubiaks ability to design run plays and pass plays that are effective with the same players on the field (unlike how Gase had to put 6 OL on the field).

That alone has the potential to make this offense better then any offense we have seen in Denver since we won Super Bowls. We may not put up the numbers we did a couple years ago but the offense has the potential to take over a game like how the offense of those 97 and 98 teams took over a game.

Would much rather have an offense that takes the ball with a one score lead in the early fourth quarter....keeps the ball 10 mins and scores a TD. As opposed to an offense that scores quickly and puts the defense on the field plus has no clue where its run game is when it needs to milk the clock so it ends up punting the ball when we try to run the clock out.
      I agree. As much as I liked the Star Wars offense, it scored too quickly, which was a detriment to the Defense.

Comment

I think its doubtful we would ever be as potent as the 2013 offense....but we don't have to be to be a great offense

I think the vision is like the old 97-98 bronco offense, run oriented to set up a great passing attack

the thing im most excited to see is an offense that once again is creative and dictates to an defense, as opposed to fox and gases, if it don't work...keep trying it over and over
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Did anybody listen to Peyton talking about CJ, He said CJ is like a 12 years veteran. he knows so much for such short time in the league, I have a feeling he will be a very special player for us.

Comment

- Peyton Manning says he is 'stimulated' in learning the Broncos' new offense -

"Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is a lot of things this offseason, but bored in his job is not one of them.

Manning, in his fourth season with the Broncos since signing in 2012, is set to play for his third different play-caller in Denver. Mike McCoy, now San Diego Chargers coach, called plays for the Broncos in 2012, current Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase called plays in 2013 and 2014 and Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said he expects to call plays in the coming season.

So, this offseason has also meant Manning's third different scheme on offense and that has kept him engaged in his 18th NFL season. ...

"I've talked to a number of players that have told me … certain players have told me that they thought that they may have stopped playing just because they got bored with the monotony of maybe whether it was the offense or the same meetings or whatnot," Manning said. ...

...So I think everybody likes continuity and some consistency in what you're doing, but I will say at age 36 when I got here, now 39, that I have been stimulated by the changes, which I do think keeps you engaged and energetic and focused in meetings. I can tell you one thing I am not, I am not bored in the least bit."" ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...id/13531/13531

Comment

Don't need 13 numbers if Anderson/ball do work. Seattle, Baltimore and Sf showed how to win games over the last 3 seasons with a run first attack.

Comment

Working...
              X