Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos poised for major youth movement to protect Peyton Manning

-Broncos poised for major youth movement to protect Peyton Manning-

"When it comes to starting quarterbacks and the guys paid to protect them, the Denver Broncos are poised to offer the NFL both ends of of the birthday spectrum.

On one side is Peyton Manning, at 39 years old a future Hall of Famer, a quarterback who has said often that he "can see the light at the end of the tunnel" of a storied career. On the other is a still-under-construction offensive line that, when fully and finally assembled at some point later this summer, will likely be one of the youngest, if not the youngest, in the league.

It just depends on which way the decisions fall.

"I'm going to feel good about our five, whoever they are," said Broncos coach Gary Kubiak this week. "We're going to play the guys that earn the spot, our best five, we're going to be young if I told you the lineup today or if I told you in August. That's a fact. ... One of the good things about it is if you are young and you make it work, you've got a chance to be good for a long time."" ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...peyton-manning

"I'm going to feel good about our five, whoever they are," said Broncos coach Gary Kubiak this week. "We're going to play the guys that earn the spot, our best five, we're going to be young if I told you the lineup today or if I told you in August. That's a fact. ... One of the good things about it is if you are young and you make it work, you've got a chance to be good for a long time."
    So true. It was not long ago people were harping on the Packers for playing so many young DBs. IIRC corrently the very next year they won a Ring...getting through a lot of injuries at DB iirc including some during the postseason.

Hoping our project is not as big as theirs so we can do it same year.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
    X